Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

SoundMonkey posted:

i'm gonna let it roll for a couple days out of swedish meatball desperation but holy poo poo have the food posts been delivering so far

I'm not cooking them right now but here's my recipe

Balls:
1 small onion, minced
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/4 c breadcrumbs
1 small to medium potato, nuked until soft, peeled and mashed
1 heaping t allspice
hefty pinch fresh grated nutmeg
bunch of salt and pepper to taste
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork

Saute the onion in a little butter in a small skillet over medium until it's browning around the edges. While that's cooking, add the egg, milk, breadcrumbs, mashed potato and seasonings to a bowl and smash it around until it's smoothish. Add the meat and the cooked onions and combine it all, then shape into golf ball-sized meatballs.

Heat a big skillet over medium with some canola oil and butter in it. Fry the meatballs in batches until they're deep brown all around, maybe 10 minutes for each batch. Set all the balls aside in a bowl and return the pan to the heat.

Sauce:
3 T flour
1 15 oz can beef broth
1 c cream or half and half
4-5 dashes worchestershire
Couple dashes of Maggi if you have it

Whisk the flour into the fat still in the pan and cook for a minute. Whisk in the broth slowly so it doesn't get lumps. Stir in the cream, worcestershire and Maggi. Simmer for a couple minutes until it's thickened. Season with S+P. Add the meatballs into the sauce and simmer for a few more minutes to get everything hot and delicious.

I like to serve it over egg noodles with lignonberry jam, but mashed potatoes are good too. Sometimes I add a couple handfuls of frozen peas to the sauce at the end too just so I don't have to make anything on the side.

I don't have any fancy pics but here you go, I took this photo when I was making them once cause one looked like a weird little baby face with lego hair

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU