Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

After finishing Nimpize Adventure last year, I had a desire to do more Ocarina of Time romhacks. I wanted to see what would happen if someone wasn't limited by the original game's maps and dungeons, and made more unique content like the overworlds and mini-dungeons in Nimpize. The only problem was...there weren't really any other Ocarina of Time romhacks. At least, not good ones, or ones long enough to be worth devoting an LP to. So I kept the idea in the back of my head and moved on for a while.

Fast forward to Summer 2020, and a person named doncamillo released a brand new Ocarina of Time hack, promising a completely new world, a continuation of the plot started with Ocarina and Majora's Mask, at least 20 hours of playtime, and more. Naturally, I completely missed out on its release but eventually I heard about the hack. I took a quick look at the trailer, a few screenshots, updated my Project 64 installation, grabbed a few of my friends, and set out to explore another Ocarina of Time romhack. Welcome, everyone, to The Legend of Zelda: Master of Time.

----------

This is a Blind LP! If you have played or watched the game before please do not spoil or allude to future events in any way! None of us are familiar with the game beyond a basic level, so in keeping with the spirit of discovery, don't tell us anything about the hack.

We're recording these videos while also streaming them on my Twitch channel, much like we did Nimpize Adventure. This means that occasionally we'll reference or talk to the people watching in chat, but a chat window will not be visible. I'll also be letting the thread know when we stream new episode recording sessions, so that anyone interested in catching the streams can watch.

Joining me on this adventure will be Artix, ChaosArgate and PoorlyWritten in permanent co-commentator positions, and some other friends of mine at random. They will be sure to help guide me through this game filled with verticality, 3D platforming, milk conspiracies, opaque water, and lots of theft (of our own doing we are the thief).

FPzero fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*Probably spoilers for the LP*

Procrastine shows us how the sausage is made.

Why is Procrastine so thirsty?

Leal reveals the skeleton's curse...

FPzero fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 27, 2020

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Someone please make a Pit gangtag that's just but gangtag size and with Mido instead of Steve Austin

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The game tells us not to disturb the spirits, but we disturbed the spirits...

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Procrastine posted:

Goku's List of Crimes So Far:
  • Stole Talon's medicine fund
  • Desecrated a tomb
Expect this list to expand as the game continues

I think you can also add
-Stole from the town emergency supplies
-Stole a priceless artifact from a museum

:allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Quackles posted:

BTW, non-transparent water + museum panes is probably some sort of graphics glitch. What graphical plugin and emulator are you using?

I've fixed it for now by switching back to the bundled Jabo's graphics plugin using Project 64 v2.3. Unfortunately, the Pause screen displays a black background behind the inventory, but I'll just have to accept it if it means having proper transparency again. I'd been using the bundled Glide64 plugin during the first session.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Quackles posted:

I would recommend GLideN64, which is the best N64 graphics plugin to date. (And is basically required to run Paper Mario properly. I've been giving this advice a lot).

GLideN64 is not related to Glide64, despite the similarity in names.

If you're interested, go to that link, then to the bin/Zilmar-specs folder, and take GLideN64.dll and toss it in PJ64's Plugins/GFX folder.

PS: I recommend M64P as an alternate emulator if you have time to try it out. Save files are cross-compatible, pre-bundled with GLideN64, and uses the super-stable Mupen core.

Also, M64P won't nag you for money - it turns out if you donate for a 'notification key' on the PJ64 dev's website, it sets you up on a monthly subscription with not much notice of the fact. :capitalism:

I'll check tomorrow but I'm actually not sure if the bundled one I was using Glide64 or GlideN64. I can also try that other emulator a bit and see if it helps. Thanks!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Our first dungeon, and we're already shooting for the gold medal in 3D Platforming.

-----------------

Tonight, starting at 9PM EST (roughly 8 hours from now) we will be recording the next session of Master of Time on my Twitch channel. We're ahead of the videos by a little bit, so be aware of that if you join in. The start of the stream will signal the beginning of Episode 7, to give you an idea of how ahead we'll be compared to the LP episodes.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

He's definitely not an rear end in a top hat. He did a series examining dungeon design in the whole Zelda series and his preferences for a good dungeon were ones that require the player to keep a mental map of areas, that aren't completely linear experiences, and generally had some kind of central hub room for the player to be acquainted with and work out from and return to as you unlock more mechanisms in the dungeon, or find the central item. Earlier games in the series had more of this, then around the time Wind Waker came out the dungeon design was made a bit more linearly, which he doesn't prefer, leading to videos where he highlighted the best of the dungeons that he could but often came away feeling a bit disappointed by some dungeons. Naturally, people take this to mean he hates the games they love, even though that's definitely not the case.

In this case, I assume the tie-in is how this dungeon in Master of Time, the Temple of Agility, has a central room that we keep returning to, even if it's a linear experience.

Edit: Also, one hour until we start recording!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Starting in a few minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero All done for the evening, thanks for watching!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 29, 2020

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I never claimed to be good at shooting galleries.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We get to town, and town has problems.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That's a sign I've been playing and watching too many randomizers playthroughs, because in OoT Rando, the blowing trigger is tied to bomb bag. Or the trigger to get the actual randomized prizes is, I forget exactly. But in rando it's not tied to Goron Ruby, so that knowledge got mixed into here.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

There is so much wrong with this town, and we haven't even scratched the surface of it all...

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

holy poo poo

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'll be honest, while the textures are not as good as the original game I don't find them that bad to experience while playing? :shrug: I think they're merely okay so far, where Ocarina was pretty good/great.

One handrail, that's all I'm asking.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We're going to be recording/streaming again tonight at 9PM EST, roughly three and a half hours from now. Once more, it'll be on my Twitch channel. We'll be ahead of the LP's episodes by a little bit, starting from what will eventually be episode 13.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I shouldn't have laughed but it was just so out there.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Captain Fargle posted:

I have good news and bad news.

Hey all, I just want to reinforce that this is a blind LP, and so while this is minor overall, alluding to the tonal beats of the plot isn't a great thing to do. It's way more fun to discover everything for ourselves, so please don't allude to anything we haven't seen yet.

I've gone ahead and added a mention of it being a Blind LP to the OP, since it was previously only implied.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

They really have it out for us.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

C-Euro posted:

Are we going to get this hack on that "Does this game let you violate the Geneva Conventions?" gimmick Twitter account?[/url]

I'm not sure how the rest of this LP is ever going to top this episode.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:allears:

Added to the second post.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*salutes*

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Somehow, PW speaks this game's language.

--------

Stream is happening tonight at the usual time and place: 9PM EST at https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero. We're ahead of the episodes as usual, and I haven't finished editing last session just yet to say exactly how far, but I would say we're going to be picking up from where episode 18 will probably end.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Going live! https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

All finished for the night, thanks for watching!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 13, 2020

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Because I forget it's a tool in my arsenal :v:

Making progress in the Forest.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hi Mrs. Patrick's Mom, can Patrick come out to play?

-----
I'm gonna slow the episode uploads a bit because we have a fair bit of recorded stream footage, and the holidays are approaching. No stream this week, probably no stream next week either (since it's just one day after christmas), so I'll stagger episode releases until we can record again. Which is fine because there's probably another ~10 episodes to edit and upload. Thanks for enjoying the LP so far! We're having a blast recording it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That's incredible :allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I mean, we were honest but wow Nite read the room.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I wanted to make a Bottle Grotto joke but couldn't think of a good one.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We may have managed to top Episode #11.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Be amazed and horrified at the same time we are, it's fun!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's like I'm at home, if home were really, really aggressive.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That's such a cursed, cursed mod :magical:

Skeletons? More like Hell-etons.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I wish to cast myself in the lake and never return instead of going here.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We've been joking a lot about the edge and stuff this game has, but I think this part of the game, as the kids would say, "Ain't it, Chief".

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Is it hard? Is it soft? I don't know, I'm not a geologist!

-------------

Happy New Year everyone! We're planning to return to our streams tomorrow night at the usual time of 9PM EST. I'll be uploading a video tomorrow afternoon to get the episodes and the stream's beginning as close to each other as possible. I'll make another reminder tomorrow.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I am being on fire again, and again.

---------------

As mentioned yesterday, we'll be streaming tonight at 9PM EST on https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero. There's only one episode left before everyone's caught up for the stream, but everyone watching now should be clear to jump into the stream even having not seen Episode 25. Not too much of importance happens in it that you won't be able to pick up on just from tuning in at the start of the stream. If you still want to know what you're missing from the episode I'll be uploading tomorrow, here's a vague outline of what happens:

We beat the Fire Temple, I waste everyone's time on accident, then we explored around Abello Town using Bombs a little bit and found some leads for tonight's stream.

So yeah, come join me if you're awake and can watch, and we'll be tackling cleanup with after the Fire Temple, and other stuff!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Say, friend...have you heard of The Nimpize Adventure? Let me show you the texts I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

And a-One, and a-Two, and a-Three...