Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
'political posts' is certainly a way to describe his insane bigotry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I don't have any posts from a fighter right now, but I don't want this thread to go away.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just bookmark it lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Just bookmark it lol

if it doesn't get any posts for long enough it gets archived

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Threads kind of redundant when you have people you know from training on your social media feed.

Alex Murphy
Sep 3, 2011

1: SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST
2: PROTECT THE INNOCENT
3: UPHOLD THE LAW
Gina Carano just lost her Star Wars gigs after her latest Holocaust related post.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

As someone pointed out on twitter, she was about to be set for life. Her character in the TV show was super popular, and they were considering a spin off show staring Gina.

"Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews,” read the IG story reposted by Carano. “How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?”

She made trans-phobic and racist anti-BLM posts, but this was the final straw.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Deblass posting today about his 100+ person belt ceremony / super spreader event and everyone loves it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Racists hate others so much more than they are capable of loving themselves. Imagine throwing your entire career away because you hate a group of people.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Our boy Gordo is parroting the “canceldisney+” hashtag which rules

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I wish Yuns was here to defend his racist, nazi rear end again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

omg chael crash posted:

I wish Yuns was here to defend his racist, nazi rear end again

We're not gonna use this thread for this sort of stuff. I said as much in the OP and have expressed this notion in the other grappling thread in the past.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol gordon saw someone rich and famous face repucussions for minimising the holocaust and this made him really uncomfortable. that said we post in a forum of rules and laws. i don't think it should be a crime for wishing someone would come to the defence of someone who came to the defence of a holocaust apologist.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I forgot what thread this was and thought you were talking about gordon hayward. I wish you were. I wish gordon hayward would come here and defend himself because he most likely also feels the same way.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marching Powder posted:

lol gordon saw someone rich and famous face repucussions for minimising the holocaust and this made him really uncomfortable. that said we post in a forum of rules and laws. i don't think it should be a crime for wishing someone would come to the defence of someone who came to the defence of a holocaust apologist.

Its not what this thread is for doing nor should be. Feel free to run to QCS if you're so offended by the thread rule to not poo poo on other goons being enforced though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Its not what this thread is for doing nor should be. Feel free to run to QCS if you're so offended by the thread rule to not poo poo on other goons being enforced though.

lol remember when you set parameters in the grappling thread and then when no one broke them you created this completely necessary thread? are the parameters now 'do not advocate for bigots to be defended'? what are you asking of me?!?! lighten up you dweeb.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

by the way i am posting ironically because you are a humourless weeny of a person and antagonising your iron fisted approach to making sure defenders of giant bigots have space to be themselves is funny

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

defending a bigot because he's good at jiujitsu is bad. have at me, normal moderator. this thread is not for such divisive views.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3 posts in a row throwing another tantrum over an innocuous 6er sure is a fascinating way to post "ironically"

if you have a problem with the sixer, go to QCS with the complaint and stop making GBS threads up the thread (or any other thread for that matter). OMG Chael and I already spoke about it so your input isn't really needed here.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 12, 2021

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

irony cannot exist in consecutive posts. it is known. the man is mad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mekchu posted:

OMG Chael and I already spoke about it

lol at this especially though. your moron rear end messaging someone saying 'now i've been quite clear about how bigot defenders are to be treated on these forums' is a loving amazing mental picture.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mad post so the mod doesn't have to do any self reflection and can convince himself that i am steaming

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/FiendWWE/status/1357768369101893632

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I clearly do not read enough threads in psp. There’s a fresh meltie around every corner.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tao of lmao posted:

I clearly do not read enough threads in psp. There’s a fresh meltie around every corner.

Marching Powder has been melting down over this thread for months now.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Yeah that's the stuff

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Marching Powder posted:

One of the last OGs left :sad: Keep up the good fight Marching Powder

https://twitter.com/UFC_Obsessed/status/1360089852620857348

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

I don't think this was the intent here but the seemingly universal love for GSP is a great example of how inconsistent we tend to be about judging people based on the words and actions of their training partners

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I knew gordon was awful when talking about anything not bjj related but I only just found out he doesn't even always respect the tap on the mat. Here's him being a class act:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdiu4w0LTqs

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Ref needs to be on that. Ryan is a jerk but context matters.

A big comp, in a position not a sub, no ref breaking the action. Guys are scummy and will fake tap if they think it will work. Ref should have responded to the yell and tap.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Good point xguard. Its on the ref to stop the action. Its Gordon's reasoning like his opp isn't allowed to tap until he is satisfied that bothered me

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Yah true, like obviously the dude injured something and it would be a better reaction to just stay quiet.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Xguard86 posted:

Yah true, like obviously the dude injured something and it would be a better reaction to just stay quiet.

Maybe, but he was uninjured enough to beat Gordon under freestyle rules immediately after. In any case it was a freakshow match against a wrestler with presumably white belt level submission knowledge who barely knew what was going on. So just not a great example of anything, and suggests we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

frankly i'm glad i have a space in which i can post that this is a bad thing to say

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/2/13/22280707/dana-white-weighs-in-on-gina-carano-controversy-leave-gina-alone

lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Xguard86 posted:

Did tank abbott ever do anything terrible? Jens Pulver?
The scummiest Tank Abbott incident I know of is when he pulled a knife on another wrestler in WCW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTQS-aXv04

My understanding is thus: They were doing a match where Tank was supposed to ambush a guy with a weapon, and he was like "So can I bring my own?" Management agreed, not knowing he was going to hold a knife to a guy's throat. They probably expected a shinai or something like that.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tank and some of his people cheap-shotted and jumped Pat Smith in elevator and gave him like 20 stitches and an ambulance ride that he doesn't remember.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Halloween Jack posted:

The scummiest Tank Abbott incident I know of is when he pulled a knife on another wrestler in WCW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTQS-aXv04

My understanding is thus: They were doing a match where Tank was supposed to ambush a guy with a weapon, and he was like "So can I bring my own?" Management agreed, not knowing he was going to hold a knife to a guy's throat. They probably expected a shinai or something like that.

too make this story kinda less lame (but still awesome) is that Abbott and that dude were like best friends, or long time training friends/etc I recall so it's not like it was a shoot shoot, I don't abbott told him what weapon... but he knew it was all a work

also didn't someone bring a gun to the ring for a spot or something in one of those indy's or czw, i remember something like that