Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

geezersteez posted:

Howdy,

I’ve been watching [american] football regularly since 2004 when I moved here. Over the past couple years my interest in the game has increased, and I’ve been thinking about getting involved in the game in some way, perhaps in a coaching capacity. I enjoy chess, and to me, football is really live chess.

As is my way, I read up on whatever subject I’m going to attack next. I’ve got a fair understanding of the game. What I’d really like is to find something that goes into detail on game theory (offensive + defensive), such as breaking down formations, plays, as well as gameplay styles (e.g west coast v whatever).

Ideally, this is interspersed with a narrative of some kind, containing some sort of biography and philosophy. I understand that all that might not fit into one book. I’ve attempted to do some research on the net, but haven’t gotten anywhere besides obvious recommendations of books by former coaches.

I love books by former coaches, nothing wrong with them, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to reach out to fellow goons here and get your feedback! What are your favorite football related books [yes, plural] (and recommendations), and why?

Looking forward to your responses!

you have def come to the right place may i start you off with CRACKERJACK HALFBACK

aka HALFBACK ATTACK that deals with a player who is afraid to tackle.

very informative stuff here but if you want the ins and outs of the league when it comes to things such as free agency you might wanna check out FOOTBALL FUGITIVE

unfortunately i dont know what this book is about but i'm sure you can find something there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU