Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When I was a kid in the very early 90's and going to a tiny, rural catholic school in Wisconsin, in their one room library, I uncovered a dusty, old book on how to PLAY football, as in, proper way to grip the ball, how to punt, how to do dropkicks(!), field goals, various basic formations and their uses.
If I had to guess, it was written around the early 30's-40's at the latest.

I dunno how many times I read that thing, but it was great and actually DID teach me how to both kick and punt fairly well! I've tried searching for anything on this as a result of this thread but haven't found it yet. I'll update it if I can.

e: it looked something very akin to this:

but even OLDER if you can imagine that. And it was wonderful.
I spent many a social studies class drafting up defenses to cover single wing offensive play-ground formations as a result of this book and haven't thought of it in probably almost 25-30+ years. :)
ee:and even then it was nearly a century old. So, woah!

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU