Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Not if you're the Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Quick Reads focused on games where the top two QBs of the week played in the same game, since Carr and Mahomes pulled it off last week. There's some obvious names and games here, and then...

quote:

Brandon Weeden vs. Andy Dalton, Week 2, 2012
This is not a typo. For one glorious Sunday, the two greatest passers in the National By-God Football League were Cleveland's Brandon Weeden and Cincinnati's Andy Dalton. This was even stranger than it sounds because the week prior, in his professional debut, Weeden (26-37-322-2-0-2) had finished last in Quick Reads. His Browns never led in this game, however -- Adam Jones' punt return touchdown put the Bengals up 7-0 and Dalton (24-31-318-3-1-6) never gave Cleveland much of a chance to come back. In the end, the Bengals won 34-27.

Matt Schaub vs. Chad Henne, Week 11, 2012
This is not a typo either. Man, 2012 was a weird year. Even weirder, Henne (16-33-354-4-0-1) didn't even start this game -- Blaine Gabbert did, but he left after getting sacked and fumbling the ball away on Jacksonville's first drive. In hindsight, that probably meant an upgrade at quarterback for the Jaguars. This game was tied at 7-7, then 14-14, then 17-17 before Henne's 81-yard touchdown to Justin Blackmon put Jacksonville up 34-20 in the fourth quarter. Houston sent the game to overtime, however, as Schaub (43-55-527-5-2-2) threw a pair of touchdowns to Garrett Graham. The teams traded field goals in the extra frame before Schaub's 48-yard touchdown to Andre Johnson gave the Texans a 43-37 win. Perhaps the weirdest fact of all of this is that Henne, Gabbert, and Schaub are all still in the league eight years later.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Make some unlucky team have to play this Thursday so we still have a game.

Best options for Thursday Night Football are Pats/Chargers or Bears/Lions imo. The problem is all four NFC East teams will be playing good teams that week.

e: On second thought Jags/Vikings screams Thursday Night Football.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Rumor has it the Steelers want the game canceled because they're afraid of losing to the Ravens and would rather take the 15-0.

The source is me because it sounds funny and I think it'd piss Steelers fans off.

About drat time. I can actually like the Lions again, at least until they gently caress up the next coach and/or GM.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kirios posted:

Guys I'm digging my head into the sand as far as I can go and the COVID-19 tests keep coming back positive! I cannot delay this Ravens / Steelers game any longer! Please advise what I should do next.

Have you tried hoping really, really hard that COVID will just magically go away?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Quick Reads is about how great Derrick Henry's game was.

Also the Broncos "QB" wasn't even in the bottom five! Solely due to lack of attempts but still funny to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

This is going to be loving stupid, can't wait