Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Final Watermelon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Excited to watch back-to-back executions

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GD_American posted:

lol Trent Richardson is trending on Twitter literally because of how bad Fournette is

https://twitter.com/PFF_Zoltan/status/1331594990632325121

That looks kind of like he sees 43 and 59 coming to fill the gap and thinks he can switch lanes to try to break past. Obviously unsuccessful

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

does cooking it in a grill necessitate cooking it at "grill temperatures"?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Apparently it was a S&C coach that got singled out by the Ravens. Not a great week for S&C coaches.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fuckin laffo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Texans are 4-1 under Romeo Crennel. They should keep him

They're 4-3 and the wins were over the Jaguars, Patriots, and Lions. #bullish

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The NFL is going to do everything in its power to keep games running as scheduled and the NFLPA is going to give the league their support.

TV contracts are up soon and they want to keep the network providers as happy as possible because new contracts will be very important for keeping the salary cap up. A contraction of the salary cap is just all around bad for the league. (Of course, they could just declare a one-season exception, but :rolleyes:)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hifi posted:

there's already instructions about going out and group limits

SI had a nice article on this: https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/25/intensive-protocols-covid19-brady-belichick-split-league-ownership

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fartknocker posted:

They have home games vs the Bills and Washington during that span, for those curious.

I wonder how quickly the NFL could arrange a third site?

King Hong Kong posted:

The season was already lost. The 49ers should just forfeit their remaining games to avoid injuring every remaining player and get better draft picks.

The league wouldn't permit this. Heads would roll. The TV contacts are too important to the owners and to the salary cap for this to happen. Games not being broadcast costs the NFL leverage in the negotiations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vic Fangio really had a fall from grace, didn't he?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Silly Burrito posted:

It's Happening, but it's not a shiny Ron Paul waving.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Bustin' out an oldie but a goodie

god I can't find the goon edit of this but

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No offense to Saints fans but I really want the Broncos to completely dominate the Saints running jumbo/goalline sets every down with the wildcat and for it to catch on in the NFL.

We need offensive innovation. Forget McVay and his ridiculous overly-finessed presnap adjustments. Give me E X O T I C S M A S H M O U T H

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly I feel like there’s a lot of pressure on the Saints here because if they actually manage to lose just lmao.

...Beastquake...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Play it Wednesday morning.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nodoze posted:

Wait so the Steelers have to play the plague team Wednesday then turn around and play on the garbage rear end Washington field on Monday? ouch

Is that really any different than having to play the plague team Tuesday and then turn around and playing the Cursed Field on Sunday?

I guess it makes the next week a short week as well

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What happens to the game checks if the game is cancelled?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Playoff machine doesn't really mean much of anything until the final 3 weeks. With 4+ games remaining it's too easy to construct insane scenarios because 4+ games is 1/4 of a team's record.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NFLonReddit/status/1334157386790039552

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Old-timers remember:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/02/roger-goodell-not-planning-nfl-playoff-bubble

quote:

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell does not believe that hosting the playoffs in a single bubble environment is the proper route for the league to conclude the season.

Goodell cited the NFL's COVID-19 protocols as reason to stay away from a central playoff location. He left open the possibility for 32 team-specific bubble environments to be enacted in the future.

"We don’t see the bubble as most refer to it in one location," Goodell said. "We feel strongly our protocols are working. We’re willing to adjust and adapt those protocols, take additional steps. But I don’t see us doing the bubble in the sense that the media focuses on it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Which year was it that the Colts went like 13-0, benched their starters for the final games (and lost them), then got dumped in the playoffs?