Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Is it a bad sign if your S&C coach is literally dying?

Your S&C coach is probably the most juiced person involved, so, no, it isn't really too big of a shock to hear they have a heart attack. I'm pretty sure we'll repeat this in a few years for Deuce Gruden, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The playoff machine has confirmed that a 4-11-1 eagles team can still win the NFCE over three 4-12 teams.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The other option is to make the Ravens play with their practice squad and whoever they can sign off the street to fill out a 53 man gameday roster.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawalimus posted:

Let me be coach for a game :D

I mean, if Harbaugh has it, too, might as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lions see what Kingsbury is doing out in AZ and are going to try to hire Mike Leach.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The reason the Broncos couldn't sign someone off the street is they found out about the positive on Thursday. The game was three days away at that point. The NFL's COVID-19 protocol requires five straight days of negative tests and another negative test on the morning of day 6 on location to be eligible to participate. The earliest anyone signed on Thursday could even enter the team facilities would be Wednesday of next week.

I read something that other teams deliberately have kept their practice squad QB away from the active QB roster to avoid this type of situation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The broncos were made to play because they were just without a QB. The ravens are struggling to fill a gameday roster.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Does wentz still lead the league in ints, sacks, and fumbles?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Joey Freshwater posted:

These things are only true because Jameis is no longer a starter

Jameis threw a fuckton of ints because he was a gunslinger who couldn't see. He's actually looked decent to good when he was on the field for the saints this year, but he was signed explicitly to be a backup in case poo poo goes sideways, and Taysom is able to keep things in order. Since he's the QB of the future, it makes sense for him to get time on the field. If he got hurt, though, Winston would come in and the Saints offense would probably pick up a bit.

Wentz is just bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Joey Freshwater posted:

In a two game span last year he threw seven interceptions and fumbled five times, and a total of over 40 turnovers by himself last year.

I was making a joke for this reason but don’t delude yourself into thinking that Jameis is anything approaching good.

He has flashes where he does something good but will always, always gently caress it up.

Yes, Winston threw 30 ints, had 47 sacks, and 12 fumbles in 2019. He also threw for 5100 yards and 33 TDs.

Wentz, this year, is on pace for 3465 yards, 22 TDs, 21 ints, and 14 fumbles.

If Jameis was the eagles starting QB, they'd have a much better W/L record this year. I'm not saying that he's good - but he's significantly better than Wentz and a number of starters out there right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah, and please don't think I'm saying Jameis is the second coming. He isn't. He's a significantly better QB than Carson Wentz, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A.o.D. posted:

The amount he's better will not get you into the playoffs, only potentially worsen your position in the draft. You're asking to upgrade to a poo poo sandwich from a poo poo sandwich with undigested corn nuggets. It's an improvement, but not one worth spending anything of value on, to include a roster slot.

Plus, your upgrade comes with sex crimes and other dodgy off the field issues.

The eagles would be in the lead in the division with another win. Winston in place of Wentz this season would have absolutely netted the eagles a playoff spot. Almost any QB on the eagles would have done the same. Wentz is really loving bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pmchem posted:

you're probably right but at least it's still in play

giants and WFT can lose out
eagles lose out but beat WFT
DAL only wins its last 2 (division games)

5-8 division winner dallas cowboys

Don't you put that evil on me, ricky bobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GD_American posted:

Is 5-11 the lowest mathematical record to win a division? Could a 4 win team do it?

Because the Cowboys and Football Team had the gall to win some more out of division games, the lowest this year will be a 5 win team. If the cowboys and FT had lost their last non-division games, we could have had the eagles at 4-11-1. It is very possible and I daresay even likely that the winner of the NFCE will have less than 7 wins this season.

PostNouveau posted:

A 0-0-16 team could do it now

That's a team with a .500 record and nothing really too exciting. A .3125 team (5-11) and now you're cooking with gas.