Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

instead of a brain you have an Assassin's Creed 3 Collectable Coin

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I’m gonna buy it mostly because I have a sick pc for the first time in my life. People who have played the stolen or whagever copies say the game game is fun and good but the quest log/management inventory is a loving mess. I guess the warehouse copies are very old though so maybe day 1 patch fixes it

Witcher 3's was really bad too on console until they updated it, at which point it became manageable but not ideal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cant believe this turd is finally coming out. Taking off work to play it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah... Daring, Original, and fuckAwesome.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

has anyone linked that one reviewer that spent his 16 hours trying to see a sex scene, then finally awkwardly asked one of the devs to show him one (they helped him find one), and then says that there are too many tits in the game and that the sex scenes are awkward?

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't know if the "50 gig day one patch" is actually a thing on consoles but on steam it's just 3gb. Praise Gabe N!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

NSFW

https://twitter.com/FiskyBizniz/status/1336696420699660288?s=20

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I thought the background stories would be longer and more epic.

I saw a review that said they continue to tie in throughout the entire game -- but yeah the backstory prologue for Nomad at least was pretty quick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Eggs posted:

is the gunplay good?

Yeah but I wish enemies had a little less HP on hard mode, sometimes it takes like one shot more than it feels like it should to kill people. It's balanced well as far as difficulty goes but it always feels bad to like land a perfect shotgun to the head and still have to follow up with a melee attack to kill somebody.

edit: I'm also super early on, I've spent at least 30 minutes of my playthrough so far just clicking around websites on the in-game internet

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The guns are cool though and I haven't even really messed around with the crazy poo poo. Hacking security cameras and then shooting people through walls is awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

that sucks. I hate when hard mode just turns up enemy hit points and attack, it turns everything into a slog.

has it been fun? going to stay up late to play for awhile at midnight tonight

I don't think you have to wait til midnight for an unlock, the game is out on all platforms now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

yeah dude we’re all playing it on stadia

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stealth seems really powerful in this since (at least so far) it's a guaranteed one hit kill on anyone. It's cool taking on side jobs I'm under leveled for and silently assassinating targets but I might chill on it for a little because it feels kind of OP

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man all the story missions are sick so far. Going into the Animal hideout is so intense. I decided to meet with the Militech lady, take her booby trapped credit chip, and then hack and defuse it. Then I put a gun to Royce's head but gave him the money and warned him that Militech was trying to gently caress him. Really it seems like that could have gone a whole lot of different ways

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 11, 2020

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i spent so much time trying on clothes and staring at perks that I only just started ripper doc, so maybe I should let the game teach me a little more before I go chasing side missions anyway

Yeah keep pushing through it for a little bit -- there's some cool early side quests that open up some new stuff but you'll get them directly through calls or texts. IMO don't stress about doing ?s on the map (unless you just feel like it) until you get through the prologue, which is pretty long

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah the braindance thing is a really cool way to make "detective vision" actually interesting

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat I love when a game has a really late title card. Was easily like 6 hours in, which I guess is probably the amount of time I spent in White Orchard in TW3

edit: In the section immediately after that all the unique animations for vaulting and reloading and poo poo as Johnny are so cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's so sick. That track with the fiddle in it that sounds like a Witcher song during the act I climax is amazing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just realized that if random NPCs are having a conversation it'll show up as "NCPD Officer:" in the subtitles, but then if you scan them, it switches to their names

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I like that there's a really hosed up freaky jazz radio station. Sounds like poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Blades seem like the way to go for me. I'm not usually into first person melee combat, but my katana sings for blood. Plus you can apply a Bleed effect, and damage over time is one of my autism gamer triggers.

Yeah there's a quickhack called Contagion that gives enemies a damage over time status that spreads among nearby enemies and I can't stop using it even though all my direct damage stuff is probably better at this point lol. Feels so good watching it spread and tick down

edit: I'm personally doing mostly shotgun + quickhacks to help me stun or disarm people and close the distance between me and them. Once you get a decent gun you almost always get a knockdown at close range and can easily kill guys when they're on the ground. Shotgun tree also has a bunch of movespeed perks which is fun

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 13, 2020

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Back to Yakuza 7, game of the year, enhanced on Series X.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

I checked his post history and apparently that guy followed wormskull here because he flamed him in the fast food forum.

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I really hope the main plot gets to a chiller point where I feel better about stopping to do side quests because even though I'm PRETTY sure the game isn't going to fail me for putting off objectives, everything's just a little too urgent right now for me to gently caress off and go enter shooting range tournaments and stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Most gun salesmen seem to have a lot of ammo but you can also craft it at very generous rates out of common components, and I don't think you need any levels in crafting to do it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I'm glad this game doesn't shy away from locking that rear end out of content based on your build. God forbid someone would play your game again. Pussy rear end devs.

There's a few things -- like in an early mission when you're retrieving a robot that Militech lady gives you a booby-trapped credchip to give to the Marauders, and if you have the hacking skill to disarm it you can get a very different outcome to the mission that seems to affect future events too but yeah for the most part skill checks have been just a way to avoid combat or get out of paying money for stuff.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I paid money to I assume avoid combat but I’m not really sure why I chose to do that other than it was an option I wouldn’t of had if I didn’t have the money.

If you're talking about that robot quest, staying in the gang's good graces definitely changes some later stuff. I think there's like 4 routes you can take through that all wind up pretty differently

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If you're getting into hacking one good money-making tip is to save up for the cybernetic legs that let you do a charged super jump, they're like $40k -- rooftops seem to be loaded with terminals that you can hack for $$, and with the skills that give you bonus money for hacking terminals you can pay off your investment pretty quickly

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

I really hope the main plot gets to a chiller point where I feel better about stopping to do side quests because even though I'm PRETTY sure the game isn't going to fail me for putting off objectives, everything's just a little too urgent right now for me to gently caress off and go enter shooting range tournaments and stuff

drat nevermind lol I think the game just hosed me for this, or at least for trying to juggle too many opposing story branches at one time. Don't click unless you've done the quest "Both Sides, Now" but Evelyn just committed suicide and I'm pretty sure I could have prevented that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

majour333 posted:

How many hours into this can you completely abandon the plot?

After the first act (maybe 6 hours?) you can go pretty much anywhere and take side quests wherever. I know one person who hit the level cap just doing that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Something cool I noticed is the dialogue selection will change automatically if you look at someone or something that has its own options.

I hope other games rip off the dialogue mechanics, it's great not being locked into conversations. There were a couple times with NPCs at first where I felt weird because there was no option to exit the conversation until I realized you can just walk away and V says goodbye automatically; feels very naturally

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Of course the one set of trees i completely neglected. Thanks for the heads up!

It's insanely good, I have so much cost and cooldown reduction stuff, double damage for hacks on unaware enemies, etc. It's pretty much my primary combat method now and I just take out a gun occasionally to clean up. You definitely want to upgrade your deck ASAP though -- just about every ripperdoc has some unique ones available so it's worth shopping around

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i see so many people complaining about weird bugs like this but personally im so glad this game has that janky loving bethesda openn world charm to it. love it

I had my first really annoying one today where a pair of turrets became unhackable and invincible and would shred me in like 30 seconds in a zone I was supposed to be calmly walking around doing detective mode poo poo in. Reloading to before the quest fixed it but it was not very charming lol. I feel like the back half of the game is buggier than the beginning

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I am dressing however I want, but my dumbass brain keeps wanting to mess up my look by wearing the armored fedroa and military grade assless chaps I just picked up so I can get max armor. I dont wanna be railroaded into the grafting tree to avoid.

I don't think upgrading stuff takes any crafting skill, just components

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just stole a car in a lot and the owner calmly got in the passenger seat and is just silently staring at me. I can steer it and go in reverse, but I am unable to drive forward.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/prodpitfall/status/1338723460588204033?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If you get a sex scene as part of the story and die a lot afterwards check your inventory because it's possible that the game has unequipped all your clothes :eng101: