Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm seeing exactly one human being for Thanksgiving and it's because I see them every day.

I made crack pies though so I guess that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Post your Thanksgiving meal strategy:

I'm a firm believer in dessert, THEN green beans, then potatoes and dressing. Turkey is illegal.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

pecan posted:

I yam what I yam haha like the food

Stuff it

The turkey I mean, it's into some weird poo poo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My idiot parents--my mom has cancer and my dad is hella old and medically fragile with diabetes and also get their news from Unnamed Channel--invited my sister, her kids, her bf and the weird guy that lives next to them over. My sister is asymptomatic right now but positive. I'm livid.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

It's been a terrible time for myself and my housemate and we just can't be assed to cook anything, so I spent my food budget on pre-cooked food from Rockridge Market Hall.

This was an incredibly good choice.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

I love their food but it's sooo expensive! First time I've shopped there in about 8 or 9 years.

It's worth it this year, of all years. I crave the bakery's morning buns regularly.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Trendy Lunch, best crackers!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Good morning and welcome to HELL COOKING with me, your host, Kief Richards.

The main meal is being catered (lol rip it'll be interesting for sure), but I'm in charge of desserts, cheese tray, breads and drinks. I'm not pleased, I prefer to do this all myself, but it was a compromise for my bf so we can spend more time together.

So far this morning I have turned out 4 loaves of Dutch crunch bread (aka bread with delicious razor blades on top), a berry clafouti, a brown butter crack pie (made ahead day before), and my next targets are an apple galette and the cheese tray arrangement.

Cheese tray is:

-prosciutto
-chianti salami
-beef summer sausage
-cranberry fresh cheddar
-7 year aged Irish cheddar
-1000 day aged gouda
-rosé infused fontina
-herb and garlic chevre, spreadable
-cream havarti
-camembert, baked in rough puff pastry
-buffalo burrata
-green grapes (iirc they're chardonnay, not my fave)
-black grapes (the best grapes)
-honey crisp apples
-strawberries
-fresh handmade crackers (made last night)
-an assortment of store bought crackers
-brioche rolls, for important sandwich ideas
-six bottles of the weirdest wines I could find
-perrier
-la croix (obv)
-whiskey sours (it's a bloody cheese course but I do not care)

This should be interesting considering it's only four of us and I'm allergic to casein but bf wanted a cheese tray so he gets a cheese tray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's macaroni and cheese from the leftovers of the cheese tray

It's getting kinda weird with the weed