Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I'm mostly making this thread for selfish reasons. My family lives in the country and I live in the city. They're going to have a normal Thanksgiving, but I'm going to be good and stay home this year so as to not potentially kill them.

Post ITT if ur in a similar sitch or just wanna talk turkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

I'm going to buy a J.J. Gargantuan from Jimmy John's later today and eat it all day tomorrow like a boa with a gator

Areola Grande

How Wonderful! posted:

My wife and I are doing a big feast alone at home and eating on Zoom with some friends, then later this week I am going to package up some leftovers and drop them off with my parents. In exchange my mom said she'd make a cheeseball for the handoff and also finally pass down her recipe to me.

I'm pretty excited about our menu, it's almost done and everything is real tasty so far:

Main Course
Sweet potato and black bean enchiladas with pepita mole

Soup
Curried squash soup

Veggie
Roasted brussels sprouts with chipotle honey glaze

Sides
Chili lime pepitas
Cranberry pico de gallo

Dessert
Pumpkin cheesecake tart

Beverages
Mixed berry, honey and mint kombucha and a truly horrid new mocktail I call the "frisky sour," for me, whiskey I think for my wife.

:ali: MY WIFE

Areola Grande

srsly though, as meat free thanksgivings go yours sounds like a true smorgasbord. bon appetit 2 u both

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

that giant 3 day food orgy is kind of exhausting so maybe a break was in order anyway?

Thanksgiving is always exhausting for me, so I'm secretly relieved to have an excuse to skip it for once.

at the same time I'm a little pissed off/jealous that my family is going ahead with turkey day without me. It doesn't seem safe. I can't help but dwell on the fact that they get all their news from a certain tv news source which I shall not name ITT. meanwhile I'm in the city listening to npr news in my sensible Honda Accord and slowly dying of loneliness as the divide widens

:smithfrog:

Areola Grande

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

least you have a cute dog and 3 more jars of skippy to comfort you!

I'm v thankful to have these things, and especially thankful that I have byob :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

I'm thankful so many little yobbers are doing what I'm doing and staying home. I have a feeling my family resents my choice, but I'm giving them the gift of not dying, whether they realize it or not. I wish they did!