Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I make my coffee a cup at a time in a small French press. Hot enough if you steep it less than five minutes, don't add too much milk after pouring, and drink it fairly fast. But I drink some cups slowly, so sometimes I either throw the last half of the become-lukewarm-or-cooler coffee, or drink it, God help me.

I agree with OP, hot coffee is meant to be drunk hot, but I love a good iced coffee on aa hot day too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

Lots of sad sacks ITT who don't know how to brew a decent cup

Join us
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437887

Just read the first post there, very informative, thank you!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Halloween Liker posted:

People can do and enjoy what they want.

No skin off my dick.

Good, because I wasn't wanting to do or enjoy your dick skin.

Coffee however, I loving love. I'm not as hardcore as some though... about any ground stuff will do, but whenever I have the option (e.g. most larger supermarkets) I buy Fair Trade organic.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

I need to cut back because I wake up and drink 4 cups of drip to start feeling okay

I replaced some of mine with (caffeinated) diet cola... but don't take advice from a fellow addict, heheh,

The caffeine hit from an average cup of coffee or tea or glass of cola is about 4 hours. Drink 2 fast & you have about enough 'fuel' to go 8 hours.

But for people like me and probably you, who drink a lot of caffeinated beverages, caffeine 'tolerance' occurs, i.e. you need more for the same effect (than for a non-abuser, heheh). And since I drink these beverages typically 10 times a day or more,, I can drink coffee or cola around bedtime & it doesn't keep me awake. Though near bedtime if I want a coffee I usually make one with decaffeinated ground to be safe.

Another symptom of the abuse of this (comparitively mild) drug is withdrawal, I know I don't feel right until my first coffee du jour, and start to wane if I haven't had one for a few hours.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 26, 2020