Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Oh I wish I could stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
please ban borowski from calling Iowa games until he gets over Fran being mean to him

Or better yet just fire him because he's consistently the worst ref in the country

e: that call was good though lmao

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 7, 2021

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Looool Davison.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coco13 posted:

Looool Davison.

how the gently caress do you still call the foul on murray if you think he got hooked

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Replay monitor putting up Harden-esque usage here. Completely unwatchable second half

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

There was that couple minute span where both sides canned 3’s and it was fun up-and-down hoops and the refs thought “can’t have that.”

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
that was awful and I did not enjoy myself go hawks

e: oh god they might turn around and do this again if Wisconsin wins a tournament game

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 7, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MourningView posted:

Replay monitor putting up Harden-esque usage here. Completely unwatchable second half

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1368648483331141634?s=19

Woof.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

At least that game would be the ~5:30 Central tip. If it was in the earlier slots I’d have to figure out how much I could work-from-home day drink to deal with running that shitshow back.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
gently caress Tom Izzo

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1368654079627567107

Buzzer beaters rule, that 50 foot bounce inlet pass was inexcusable for Memphis though

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Title games today: the Sun Belt, where regular season champ Georgia State is up against a pretty bad Appalachian State team; and the Southern, where regular season champ Greensboro is up against a Mercer team that doesn't appear to be all that much worse. Wouldn't think of any of these necessarily as upset threats in the NCAAT but who really knows.

Both games are at 7 which seems like an oversight.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ACC Tournament games on Tuesday will always be weird.

Right now it's Pitt and Miami in the "sweet embrace of death" game, followed by Duke showing exactly the degree to which they've given up on this year, and then a thrilling Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest nightcap.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Gonzaga down 12 at the half to BYU :catstare: - hope the 2nd half is as fun as the 1st

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
And already tied lol. Still pretty sure they're gonna win by like 15

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

BYU pissed away that 9-point lead fast.

They also have this huge kid who's surprisingly mobile but not very good.

e: That's Haarms, formerly of Purdue?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RC and Moon Pie posted:

BYU pissed away that 9-point lead fast.

They also have this huge kid who's surprisingly mobile but not very good.

e: That's Haarms, formerly of Purdue?

lmao I forgot he went there. He could've been really good but never put it together to be anything better than a reckless 7 foot tall lankmonster

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Poque posted:

lmao I forgot he went there. He could've been really good but never put it together to be anything better than a reckless 7 foot tall lankmonster

Just watched him blow two shots from 3 feet out.

BYU just completely forgot how to play basketball down the stretch. Bad shot selection, attempting to use Haarms on offense, bad rebound positioning. This was a winnable game for BYU for about 35 of 40 minutes.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Yeah Haarms had a lot of upside but never really fully put it together at Purdue, he's still a decent enough player though.

Was hoping BYU pulled off the upset- oh well!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad BYU lost

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha NC State went on a late-season run to barely keep themselves in bubble talk just to completely poo poo the bed today against Syracuse, well done

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Damnit Louisville, one time I'd consider pulling for you to keep Duke out of the tournament and you're loving it up.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
minnesota/northwestern has real 2003 big ten vibes, absolutely hideous

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 11, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why is ESPN televising a game with a team that’s 2-21?

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

You had one job Louisville.....

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MourningView posted:

minnesota/northwestern has real 2003 big ten vibes, absolutely hideous

https://twitter.com/B1GMBBall/status/1369827528400121863

Can't really look away.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
penn state please beat wisconsin so I don't have to worry about brad davidson knocking garza out of the ncaa tournament with a ruptured testicle

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

penn state please beat wisconsin so I don't have to worry about brad davidson knocking garza out of the ncaa tournament with a ruptured testicle

I know there's no chance Minnesota beats OSU but I would like them to try hard enough to get OSU a bit gassed for tomorrow

edit: wait what the gently caress, four of Minnesota's six B1G wins were against Iowa, Michigan, OSU and Purdue, with a fifth against MSU. Did they lose somebody huge to injury?

Poque fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 11, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

I know there's no chance Minnesota beats OSU but I would like them to try hard enough to get OSU a bit gassed for tomorrow

OSU lost 4 straight to close the season (against an insane schedule), Minnesota lost 7 straight before yesterday including to Northwestern and Nebraska what a battle

Poque posted:

edit: wait what the gently caress, four of Minnesota's six B1G wins were against Iowa, Michigan, OSU and Purdue, with a fifth against MSU. Did they lose somebody huge to injury?

No they were briefly somehow like the greatest team in history whenever they played at home and trash on the road and then they just started playing like they were on the road all the time.

The Iowa game was very stupid, we were up 7 with like 40 seconds left and it went to OT because Carr hit a bunch of insane step backs and Iowa kept missing free throws. Also one of their lovely wings who shoots like 20% from three for his career went 8-9

E: I just checked his sports reference page and the Iowa game represents literally more than half of Brandon Johnson's three point makes on the season lmao

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 11, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Minnesota (at home) beat Michigan when Michigan was missing Eli Brooks. That's why most Michigan fans are souring on the Big Ten Tournament - Eli Brooks hosed up his ankle against MSU and was still in a boot as of yesterday.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

OSU lost 4 straight to close the season (against an insane schedule), Minnesota lost 7 straight before yesterday including to Northwestern and Nebraska what a battle

No they were briefly somehow like the greatest team in history whenever they played at home and trash on the road and then they just started playing like they were on the road all the time.

The Iowa game was very stupid, we were up 7 with like 40 seconds left and it went to OT because Carr hit a bunch of insane step backs and Iowa kept missing free throws. Also one of their lovely wings who shoots like 20% from three for his career went 8-9

E: I just checked his sports reference page and the Iowa game represents literally more than half of Brandon Johnson's three point makes on the season lmao

Yeah, I know they beat us with help from some bad calls, but we shouldn't have been in that position the whole way. I loving hate the Barn.

It's still very jarring that they were 5-5 against ranked conference opponents (all five wins at home) and 1-9 against unranked lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
the barn is loving garbage I can't believe they redid it and kept that insanely stupid elevated floor, it's a miracle more people don't get hurt there

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'll never stop pouring one out for Robbie's knee

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

robbie hummel knee heal not fine :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hummel is incredibly good on tv to the point that I now feel very bad for heckling him about his bad knees on multiple occasions

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1370031531448745990?s=19

well that's not great

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

hummel is incredibly good on tv to the point that I now feel very bad for heckling him about his bad knees on multiple occasions

Yeah, he's really good! I'm super happy for him, dude clearly loves the game. I'm glad he got at least a brief taste of the NBA even if it was with the Timberwolves lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

So this is a way to not lose embarrassingly right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So this is a way to not lose embarrassingly right

hmm yeah does not seem possible that someone might get sick during a still ongoing pandemic better to assume that everyone is faking it

They needed a run to even solidify themselves as a bubble team so I think they probably wanted to play if they could

e: also they're saying their season is just over now so not sure what you think they gained here

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
This Kentucky team has to hold the record for most missed layups in a season.