Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facialimpediment posted:

I honestly didn't think Michigan would make it to the Sweet 16 based on a neutral bracket in my head, but sure initially seems like a pretty good draw. Catching the 16-16 play-in seems lucky as hell. Would've pegged them for the rare 1-16 letdown based on how the season ended.

they whomped the hell out of maryland and then barely lost to a team that got a 2 seed? Seems fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MourningView posted:

they whomped the hell out of maryland and then barely lost to a team that got a 2 seed? Seems fine

You're right on the Maryland game, but tOSU completely poo poo themselves to let Michigan back into the game after being down 12 with five minutes to go. Less Michigan good, more tOSU bad in that ending. I could see a Livers-less Michigan team having a lovely day, then losing to a 16 having a hot night. Low chance, but I could've seen it happening.

I don't really see that anymore, but I see Michigan capping out at the Sweet 16 / Elite 8. But, could also be hilarious if all the Big Ten teams turn out to be as absurdly good as we all thought and everyone in the conference just clowns everyone.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1371232513369210881?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Seth Davis picking SDSU to go to the elite 8 :stare:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

a neat cape posted:

zone is for cowards

hi, Bomani

also Mizzou's gonna go out in the round of 32 again, as is tradition

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
lol at the University of Kentucky AD putting Louisville on the "next team in" line

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH/status/1371229503788347396?s=19

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hate the entirety of the east bracket, with no Livers it's a total clusterfuck

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I’m sure I don’t have to encourage you all toward this conclusion but Virginia is absolutely losing to Ohio in round one.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1371235486744907776

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

I hate the entirety of the east bracket, with no Livers it's a total clusterfuck

Think I like Bama or Texas

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I would really like to see Houston make the final four, but I fear what will happen if they go against a really skilled big.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

MourningView posted:

Curbelo is regrettably very cool
He's like Steve Nash, if Steve Nash turned it over constantly and couldn't shoot.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

I honestly didn't think Michigan would make it to the Sweet 16 based on a neutral bracket in my head, but sure initially seems like a pretty good draw. Catching the 16-16 play-in seems lucky as hell. Would've pegged them for the rare 1-16 letdown based on how the season ended.

I mean.. dude.

Isaiah Livers being out isn't going to make them lose to a 16 seed.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Think I like Bama or Texas

UConn will be tough too.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

b0ng posted:

I would really like to see Houston make the final four, but I fear what will happen if they go against a really skilled big.

At least they're a little above average from 3 so I guess get behind the line and hope the odds work out

Regardless, it's crazy to see UH as a 2 seed. They were so bad for so long.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
as much as I would love to Lol IU about it, Kelvin Sampson is a great coach and recruiter and he was ousted for violations that were commonplace and are now legal. Glad he's successful in Houston so far.

Still gently caress Eric Gordon though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The reaction to kelvin sampson sending too many text messages is so funny in hindsight. He was blackballed for years and people reacted like houston hired dave bliss or something when he got that job. I do think the NBA time made him an even better coach though so it all worked out.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Isaiah Livers is trying to be back for the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament. The game vs LSU or St. Bonaventure is going to be tough, but if they can get to the 2nd week and Livers is back, I like Michigan's chances to get to the Final Four.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

He was blackballed for years and people reacted like houston hired dave bliss or something when he got that job.
Isn't most of that salt Indiana fans, and really it's about how they haven't really done much since he was fired? I know the NCAA blasted them for some behind the times bullshit but they should be mad at the NCAA for that.

Even now they're salty about UH playing in Assembly Hall this week

https://twitter.com/JCSourwine/status/1371292619708497923

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Isaiah Livers is trying to be back for the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament. The game vs LSU or St. Bonaventure is going to be tough, but if they can get to the 2nd week and Livers is back, I like Michigan's chances to get to the Final Four.

To sort of expand on my earlier stuff - Livers wasn't himself for a while, but outright losing him hurt. That's why I figured you could squint hard and see a 16-seed upset - foul trouble for Dickenson and a few other lovely breaks could lead to an Oakland debacle. Won't happen any more though, between playing at Mackey (gently caress Lucas Oil), a 16 off a short turnaround, and rest, it won't happen. Basically, Livers out lowered the floor a lot, but didn't lower the ceiling a whole lot.

It's weird that they're calling it a "stress injury" when it's probably a 6-8 week stress fracture! But then again, I didn't think Brooks would be back for the BTT after getting carried off. Most injury experts said that was a 2-3 week thing at minimum and he was out a whole week and looked normal.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

facialimpediment posted:

This might be the most hilarious overreaction I've ever seen.

Michigan, without Isaiah Livers, is not going to lose to a 16 seed.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
let's fukkin go drake

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
It's bad enough they covered Mackey's floor, but why cover up / not use the scoreboards in the corners?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

let's fukkin go drake

that's right

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

well, poo poo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Late with this but it's time for my annual bitch (since 2011) that the first four games pit 16 seeds against each other. All those teams won conference tourneys as far as I am aware and should therefore be in the real tournament. Make at-larges play in the first four in all of the games.

I am ok with eliminating the first four entirely as a solution to this as well.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

These first four games have owned so far. Very entertaining day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The first four is dumb when you think about it too much but does result in some great games.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha, the Wichita State guy took just the dumbest loving shot there

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Always nice to see Wichita St go down.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Rick posted:

The first four is dumb when you think about it too much but does result in some great games.

oh yeah no argument from me there, certainly

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yes I dislike the shockers but had them plus 2 so perfect ending

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Basketball baBAAAY

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

wow, Appy brought that all the way back

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Every single game has owned. This has been an awesome day for basketball.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am very happy for Drake winning a tournament game even if it's one of the fake tournament games. Please somehow beat Evan Mobley before he can embarass my sweet slow boy Luka

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
College basketball is a game best watched lifted on MAC 11 chronic mids

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hella fun watching two teams go at it for the right to get trounced by 40 in two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Aaron Henry is entertaining