Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Letting this IU team go on a 23-3 run is pretty brutal. Last 4 minutes of the game took 25 minutes to play out which was pretty miserable to watch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah refs were awful on both ends

Frederick injury is big for Iowa, hopefully he's okay. They're harder to defend with him spacing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait Missouri is up on Tennessee at the half? *glances at stats, sees a bunch of unsustainable stuff*

Well it was a hell of a half at least.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA had to survive an attempted game-winning buzzer-beater 3, but survived against Georgia Tech. They'll have to be better to beat Syracuse next. If they win that one though they're definitely dropping the VT game in Blacksburg.

GT meanwhile is shaping up to be a very weird and awkward team to play against this year, Pastner might actually backdoor them into the tournament. They haven't been since 2010, the second longest ACC drought behind BC not getting a bid since 2009 (which will most assuredly continue this year).

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 24, 2021

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It's looking like Mizzou is gonna have one of their bad shooting nights. Already missed a bunch of wide open jumpers

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mike_V posted:

It's looking like Mizzou is gonna have one of their bad shooting nights. Already missed a bunch of wide open jumpers
Looks like much less of a problem now that Sharife's out with foul trouble and maybe a tight hamstring or something?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

this refereeing has been a complete joke tonight. give me a loving break. really not sure why mizzou doesn't just run straight into auburn players to get touch fouls, if they're gonna call it even

missouri missing another 8+ points on easy layups/dunk misses. tilmon 3 of 11 from the line, shoot even 55% and it's a whole different game

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 27, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
cj frederick is out which is traditionally very bad for iowa. Keegan Murray gets to start though so that's cool

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man this Iowa / Illinois game is shaping up to be a nailbiter to the very end. Has any team had more than a six point lead?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

Man this Iowa / Illinois game is shaping up to be a nailbiter to the very end. Has any team had more than a six point lead?

Seven is the biggest lead of the game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Big Ten is such a meatgrinder this year. If you go .500 in the conference this year you're gonna be at least a 6 seed in the tournament. That's how good it is.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
poo poo goaltend call cost Iowa 2 points so that's cool

Great game but that's probably it for Iowa's hopes of a conference title and a one seed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

poo poo goaltend call cost Iowa 2 points so that's cool

Great game but that's probably it for Iowa's hopes of a conference title and a one seed

Yeah probably but they're still solidly the #2 team in the conference and are looking like an easy 2-3 seed in the tournament.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
illinois got a three right before half after the refs somehow didn't call this a travel and oh well not important I guess

https://twitter.com/Zach_Robertson/status/1355347755150020608?s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I started watching with 3:20 left, i didn't see garza do a single thing

Also the 5 second call on illinois was bad and wrong, the goaltend reverse correct and the travel no call also correct

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 30, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

I started watching with 3:20 left, i didn't see garza do a single thing

Also the 5 second call on illinois was bad and wrong, the goaltend reverse correct and the travel no call also correct

lmao

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
y'all skipped the best part of that game

DEVELOPING STORY

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1355370450507984897?s=19

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

jeremiah tilmon is the only tiger that can score anymore

mark smith should really consider sticking around another year because nobody's gonna draft him in the NBA when he can't even hit wide open 3s

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 30, 2021

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Derek Culver is a beast.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

terrible game from missouri but they manage to beat TCU in OT. this team cannot hit a loving FT to save its life at the moment

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas only 1-6 from 3 in the first half but in a knife fight with OK state. Moses Moody missed a free throw and then gave up a tip in off an inbound play with .6, shoulda been down 1 but down 4. Should be a fun second half in the Eddie Sutton Bowl

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
With Penn State beating Wisconsin today, Michigan State is now last in the Big Ten. (Except for Nebraksa, who aren't going to beat anyone and shouldn't count.)

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Announcers keep talking about how awful Minnesota has been on the road - guaranteed they shoot the lights out tonight against Purdue.

Edit: lmao 4 for 6 from three already
E: 6 for 8 - turning this poo poo off.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 31, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ColdBlooded posted:

Announcers keep talking about how awful Minnesota has been on the road - guaranteed they shoot the lights out tonight against Purdue.

Edit: lmao 4 for 6 from three already
E: 6 for 8 - turning this poo poo off.

Well they're 7/18 now so keep it off!

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Poque posted:

Well they're 7/18 now so keep it off!

I've rage quit three Purdue games this year and they've won them all :cool:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

I've rage quit three Purdue games this year and they've won them all :cool:

BRANDON NEWMAN IS A BEAST. All 4 Purdue Freshman have been conference Freshman of the week, Newman's going to get his 2nd.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no better way to cap a day of watching people revving up their cars as they get stuck trying to drive down the street than to watch northwestern basketball

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Not sure what happened after that abomination against Penn State but Rutgers is a completely different team now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Not sure what happened after that abomination against Penn State but Rutgers is a completely different team now.

northwestern is awful, they've lost six in a row and look like they won't win another game this season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern is awful, they've lost six in a row and look like they won't win another game this season

Yeah i know they aren't good but Rutgers did also lose to penn state which is awful too. They have been a lot better in the last 3 games.

R.D. Mangles posted:

13-0 northwestern run the second you posted this lol

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 1, 2021

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Jota fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 1, 2021

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Kirios posted:

The Big Ten is such a meatgrinder this year. If you go .500 in the conference this year you're gonna be at least a 6 seed in the tournament. That's how good it is.

Hope so! But I figure we're going to get dumb record-focused bias again.

Rutgers isn't the same team they were in December, when they were shooting like crazy. They're basically back to the 2020 team again, playing insane defense, and blah but acceptable offense. But they've seemingly righted the ship at least.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Ugly, disjointed first half for both teams in Maryland today. Not surprising for Purdue after their plane had to turn back due to mechanical issues yesterday.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Maryland 1-12 from 3 in the 1st half, 5-6 in the 2nd

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
IA up five at the half after being down 11 earlier. Well on track for a solid win here.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

2nd time tonight Jaden Ivey's come up holding his wrist. Hopefully he's ok.

Back out there after the timeout, good sign.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 3, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TraderStav posted:

IA up five at the half after being down 11 earlier. Well on track for a solid win here.

They might win but they're playing like poo poo, Michigan State is awful

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue blows it, late 5 point lead, up 1 with 40 seconds to and dribbles out the shot clock for a terrible shot, and can't secure the offensive rebound to win it. Big thanks to Bo Borowski for calling a travel on Brandon Newman on a step back 3 and not calling Jaden Ivey getting hammered for an and 1.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa just looks broken, getting absolutely murdered on the glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

MourningView posted:

They might win but they're playing like poo poo, Michigan State is awful

Yeah, they aren't looking good. I have them at -10, so need a solid run here.