Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Notre Dame was about to play Kentucky off the court but have since decided to go on an 8 minute scoring drought lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kentucky almost put back in a missed shot at the buzzer (a la what qualls did to them all those years ago) but crashed was late to the party. Notre Dame somehow survived going 9 minutes without scoring. What a weird game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas is up 18-12 in Auburn at the first media timeout (14:50), this is gonna be a high scorin game y’all

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Pretty pumped about it

Feels like the first real challenge for the hogs this year

Yep. Arkansas had opened up a 10 point lead but Auburns got it back down to 2. Gotta push on when you have that big of a lead but Moody’s gone cold and the rest of the team has gotten sloppy.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If you had told me Auburn was gonna be 9/17 from 3 point land I would have assumed we would have been played off the court, but I’m very happy with a 6 point half time lead. Just gotta be better about closing out

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas shooting under 20% is not a good way to start. Like we will pick it up at some point but hopefully we don’t get in too big of a hole before that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

lmao @ that blocking call

this game's about over with arkansas hitting shots and mizzou airballing anything that isn't at the rim

edit: are they piping in noise on this broadcast? it sounds very crowded

perfect summary of missouri: arky clanks a three and the only two players in the area fight with each other to knock it out of bounds

Arkansas is letting up to 4400 in which I think is the most in any regular arena in the country. Saw somethin the other day that said we had had five of the six biggest crowds this year or something like that. They might be piping noise in too though

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

can you imagine if arkansas was having even a normal shooting day? they'd be up at least 10

Tell me about it :negative:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I keep thinking Arkansas will shoot out of this slump but apparently not. It’s not like Mizzou is playing super great defense either, we are just missing wide open shots

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Most embarrassing performance I’ve ever seen from Arkansas. Want to complain about the officiating (Doug Shows and Terry Wymer are terrible), but can’t complain too much when you’re 3 for 16 from *layups*. Christ almighty

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Took like 10 minutes to find his footing and now this looks like a different team.

I am very glad Arkansas already got the road game against Auburn out of the way, I would not want to play them after another week or so once he has really gotten up to speed. Crazy how much better Auburn looked today. Wish we didn’t have to play them at all again tbh

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Warbird posted:

Hi, yes hello. I’ve been informed that I needed to mosey over here and inform you all

roll tide bicth

I know gently caress all about basketball but I do enjoy a good bandwagon.

:negative: this years Arkansas team may be the highest Expectation -> Reality let down I have had since the football hogs had Petrino crash his motorcycle. This is *rough* to watch, never seen a team refuse to make wide open looks at this level

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Boy I wish Arkansas would stop this jekyl and Hyde crap where we shoot under 20% and then play well, and then shoot bad and then play well

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas only 1-6 from 3 in the first half but in a knife fight with OK state. Moses Moody missed a free throw and then gave up a tip in off an inbound play with .6, shoulda been down 1 but down 4. Should be a fun second half in the Eddie Sutton Bowl

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

:razorback2: vs Miss St is a rollercoaster so far

It’s not often you can start a game 1 for 17 and be running away with a game but, well, Mississippi state is allergic to keeping the basketball apparently.

This Arkansas team is too Jekyl/Hyde for my liking, how do you go on the road and have the last shot with a chance to beat OK state and then come home and need 12 minutes to make 2 baskets?

E: well miss state starting to get back into it. Apparently Arkansas has lost 6 straight to them? Guess they are our bogey team

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Watched the Hogs long enough to know e will lose to the most beatable kentucky in a long time lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

The last time ark beat uk was in 2014 when they swept them

e: I love Vanover

Michael Qualls Never Forget :911:

Connor is very streaky so I’m glad good Connor showed up today

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Don't be so sure about that

All hope is false hope with Arkansas

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kentucky shoots 30% from 3 normally so of course they can’t miss from there tonight.

I swear, technical fouls just invigorate Kentucky. Wild.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

That was not a foul, but still, can't even get a shot off at the last second.

There were three fouls lmao what are you talking about?

That said I can’t believe we got that call at Rupp

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

wheels coming off right on cue for mizzou. feels like arky's about to go on a 15-0 run here

I have no faith Arkansas will do anything here, this is prime Hogs Being Dumb territory

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That 4th on Williams is one of the worst block/charge calls I’ve seen in a while JFC

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

it was real bad, nice to see mizzou get the benefit of those for once

I’m scared it means Vanover is gonna gas and y’all are just gonna abuse switches away from him, really hope I’m wrong but that’s how I would attack

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oof and now the pendulum swung and two bad calls in a row for Arkansas gives a Mizzou player a 4th

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Whew pig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Go :razorback2:

e: This game is amazing so far. Bama keeps fouling but the hogs keep scoring anyway, and Vanover just dunked

We are getting a really generous whistle in the first half so I can’t wait for it to flip completely around in the second and for Doug Shows to really hammer us. But I’m enjoying Ethan Henderson getting some good minutes on the floor!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Really worried about the Mizzou game with no Jailyn Williams, both teams starting flat, 6-4 at first media timeout

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Doug Shows sent Arkansas primary ball handler to the bench really early on a clean block and Arkansas has been in shambles ever since. Might be over already

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

This, uh, has not been a good start

Justin Smith being outplayed, Connor is a liability, Williams unavailable, Tate on the bench, everything that could go wrong is lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Well at least it’s tied up

I can’t believe Ethan Henderson saved the day

E: oh my god JD

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If either Mizzou or Arkansas could hold on to the ball, they would run away with this game, but I think Mizzou is at 16 turnovers and Arkansas at 17 so we have a knife fight instead

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The scoring will eventually slow down in this game but it’s 29 24 Hogs with 10:45 to go in the first half. Shots are just falling from everywhere

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

The scoring will eventually slow down in this game but it’s 29 24 Hogs with 10:45 to go in the first half. Shots are just falling from everywhere

LSU has not slowed down, on a 14-1 run, Hogs down 38-32. Three points for Arkansas in 6 minutes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

:lol: Smith gets a break away dunk, gets called for traveling, and misses the dunk anyway

Oh and it’s a 1 point game

Haven’t made a basket in like 9 minutes now lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Hogs throwing away winnable games is something I should be used to by now but sucks every time

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

!!!!!!

e: or not

Hogs gon Hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum