Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

nice win, lost a starter early and still hung on against a good team on the road

I told you at the start of the year Iowa's a top 5 team MV. No one's better than Rutgers on their home court and Iowa still left with the W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They aren't as good as Gonzaga but you've gotta think about putting Michigan at #2 after this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckk Duke

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man this Iowa / Illinois game is shaping up to be a nailbiter to the very end. Has any team had more than a six point lead?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Big Ten is such a meatgrinder this year. If you go .500 in the conference this year you're gonna be at least a 6 seed in the tournament. That's how good it is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

poo poo goaltend call cost Iowa 2 points so that's cool

Great game but that's probably it for Iowa's hopes of a conference title and a one seed

Yeah probably but they're still solidly the #2 team in the conference and are looking like an easy 2-3 seed in the tournament.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I love how Houston spent the entire year dodging good opponents and ended up getting exposed any ways.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah feeling like the third best team in college basketball is on another level just means you're a really good team instead of a great team. You're still gonna slide in that 6-8 seed range in the tournament.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 19, 2021

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay fine Illinois you can have the final #1 seed, yeesh.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

IDK if they are tired... This is just what they are as a team, a streaky shooting team that plays good D most of the time.

Correct, they're the classic definition of a 7-10 seed team in the tournament. Decent enough of D to keep it somewhat competitive and can do some damage if shots fall, but probably won't make it to the second week.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HAHAHAHA NICE INBOUND WISCONSIN

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

Iowa of course immediately wins an insanely ugly game on the strength of the D but whatever, get lost you nut punching scrubs

Is it really a rivalry if you beat them every time?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell of an ending in the SEC Championship game. With that Alabama locks up the 2 seed. We've now got four teams looking to secure the last #2.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

elentar posted:

Imagining the relief for the committee as now they can discard the janky ill-thought-out bracket they were hurriedly taping together to wedge LSU in, and get back to the janky ill-thought-out bracket more like we've come to expect.

Eh? LSU's gonna be like a 7 or 8 seed. They were a lock regardless.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm excited to post in a March Madness thread this year - really bummed me out when it was (understandably) shut down last year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Pretty funny ohio state clawed back from a 15 point deficit to technically blow a lead

Ohio State is, if nothing else, extremely on-brand.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well I guess Oklahoma State's ban got punted to next year after all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

drat Gonzaga, Oklahoma's a hell of a second round matchup. What a tough 8 seed.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

Are we really the lowest 2 seed? That's bullshit

Well you and Ohio State have to go in the Baylor and Gonzaga regions, so you're gonna be the lowest 2 seeds by default. But I'm surprised Ohio State lept y'all. Still, Iowa vs. Gonzaga round 2 should be a hell of a match if it gets there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm gonna drop some money on Winthrop winning that match.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't see how Syracuse made the tournament. Their resume does not compare to the other bubble teams.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My immediate thoughts final four:

Gonzaga
Florida St.
Baylor
Illinois

Gonzaga
Illinois

Gonzaga

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

These first four games have owned so far. Very entertaining day.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Every single game has owned. This has been an awesome day for basketball.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hella fun watching two teams go at it for the right to get trounced by 40 in two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey friends we've got a March Madness thread now - lets post in there for the tourney please.