Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

I don't know how much of the game is Michigan playing like hot garbo and how much of it is because Eli Brooks is out. That led to weirdo lineups with a 1, a 3, two backup 4s, and a 5. Michigan's backcourt is likely sketchier than everyone thought.

Brooks is grading out as the best defender in the Big Ten. He should be back by next game.

It also helps ground the team a bit. Rather lose now than in March.

They are still a top 5 team.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

you lost by 20! But also Iowa is a top 3 KenPom team me thinking they might be slightly better doesn't mean I think michigan is bad or something

Michigan dropped to #5 after the game, Iowa may be better but we’ll see when they play.

Iowa, Michigan, Texas, and Nova are in that second tier of teams behind Gonzaga and Baylor.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

mcmagic posted:

Rutgers is not in Michigan's class.

Not many teams are this year, so this isn't a slight against Rutgers.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PotatoJudge posted:

COVID legs catch up to the Huskers, Purdue on a 21-2 run right now.

I don't think COVID needed to assist with that.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

For all the poo poo we're giving Minnesota, they're hanging around against tOSU. Could be a fun ending!

Edit: lol nm

Minnesota is Jekyll and Hyde

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan needs to get it together otherwise that 8/9 game is going to make me nervous.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I assume most teams will not shoot like 70%

Yeah, I went to look at the box score since I cannot watch the game and figured water would find it's level.

Michigan shouldn't shoot like 10% from 3 and Livers I imagine won't be 0-fer in the 2nd half.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
At least Michigan's real head coach can get a shot out of the chair now.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Michigan played well enough to keep the #1 seed. If they were blown out, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see them at 2 since they’ll seed based upon injuries.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

elentar posted:

Creighton right now is 9-37 on FGs, 2-17 just on 3s, and 1-6 from the line. Woof. (Oh and one Creighton player is 5-6, so without him the whole team is 4-31 on the day.)

Houston-Memphis got good though.

They just gotta keep both feet on the plantation.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

I honestly didn't think Michigan would make it to the Sweet 16 based on a neutral bracket in my head, but sure initially seems like a pretty good draw. Catching the 16-16 play-in seems lucky as hell. Would've pegged them for the rare 1-16 letdown based on how the season ended.

I mean.. dude.

Isaiah Livers being out isn't going to make them lose to a 16 seed.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Think I like Bama or Texas

UConn will be tough too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Isaiah Livers is trying to be back for the 2nd weekend of the NCAA Tournament. The game vs LSU or St. Bonaventure is going to be tough, but if they can get to the 2nd week and Livers is back, I like Michigan's chances to get to the Final Four.