Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
These two teams are really well coached and are playing extremely impressive half court offense and it’s not because they aren’t playing defense too. Liddell is the best player on the court and his game is going to transfer well in to the NBA right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

MourningView posted:

Nah but he's a very good college player

Really? Consistently hitting shots with a hand in your face feels very NBA to me, but perhaps he lacks enough pure athleticism

I’m a terrible judge of talent

Am I correct in thinking both of these teams are really well coached? If so, how good can Michigan be next year, given that they are pulling in the No. 1 recruiting class? Or are they only so coachable because they have so many seniors right now?

predicto fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 21, 2021

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

MourningView posted:

Both coaches are really good. Holtmann has been the best coach in the big ten since he got to the league imo and Howard brought a lot of great sets from his time as an NBA assistant.

On Liddell the shooting this year helps but he's still a heavy 6'7" guy without great athleticism who gets most of his offense around the basket and isn't an elite defender. He's too slow to guard wings at the next level and gets bullied by bigger college centers pretty regularly.

In other words, an NBA starter a couple of decades ago, but now, meh. That makes sense.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Luka Garza looks like a Neanderthal from a B movie

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't a 22 point first half. Eeek

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

looking forward to watching Wisky and Iowa beat on each other like angry moose for the next two hours

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

MourningView posted:

Iowa plays fast and has one of the best offenses of the KenPom era! :mad:

Garza is great, but are you claiming that he isn't physically pounding on people down low like he came from the 1990s Knicks? I'm not saying he is dirty like Wisky

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Kirios posted:

Is it really a rivalry if you beat them every time?

*cries in Michigan* Michigan-Ohio State Football used to be such a good rivalry for so many decades, now its just goddamn embarrassing

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Sparty gonna spart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Colgate if you win this people will pretend to listen to your story about being invited to join the Ivy League and turning it down

Wait I thought that was Amherst