Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

"I have to confess... I never killed anybody."
"Not even a teensy bit of killing?"
"MAYBE I JUST WASN'T TRYING HARD ENOUGH."

Scientastic posted:

Excellent name choice

I mean. *gestures at the av she's been using for at least a year* that's Meche right there. Figured I should stay On Brand with a new forum name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is like the ninth time Iíve made the Serious Eats chile verde and I swear every time I make it the more it comes out weirdly, almost inedibly sweet. What the gently caress is going on here? Is that just how tomatillos are?

In fact thinking about it a bit more itís like both too sweet and too sour. What the poo poo.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 14, 2021

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Have you tried different peppers?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

tomatillos can be pretty sweet sometimes, just like other nightshades. not saying that's what's happening here but it also wouldn't surprise me.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Pollyanna posted:

This is like the ninth time Iíve made the Serious Eats chile verde and I swear every time I make it the more it comes out weirdly, almost inedibly sweet. What the gently caress is going on here? Is that just how tomatillos are?

In fact thinking about it a bit more itís like both too sweet and too sour. What the poo poo.

Why do you keep making it and not changing anything if you don't like it?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cause it was good the first time

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Are you adding anything else sweet? Tomatillos are super tart in my experience

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lipstick Apathy

yeah, I've never wound up with a sweet salsa verde. i blister all my tomotillos, peppers, onions, etc over charcoal and that helps add some smokiness before blitzing in a blender with cilantro and garlic and citrus. i make big batches and freeze em

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

I'm a family man - I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W.

Soiled Meat

Pollyanna posted:

Link to recipe please.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Apropos of nothing, my secret ingredient in chili verde is charring some ginger with the garlic

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

I'm a family man - I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W.

Soiled Meat

pile of brown posted:

Apropos of nothing, my secret ingredient in chili verde is charring some ginger with the garlic

Well, it's apropos of a directly relevant discussion about a chile verde recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

But Schefter said they Love Herbert?!

Do you peel the ginger before charring it?