Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

pile of brown posted:

You're raising a coprophiliac

Think of the savings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

pile of brown posted:

Not since it started making my mouth go numb and my stomach hurt when I ate it. Never liked it much anyways

For what its worth, a lot of people are extremely allergic to raw eggplant and not at all allergic to cooked eggplant. If you ate some undercooked stuff, you might have an entirely different and non-allergic reaction to more cooked stuff.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hawkperson posted:

That sucks. There’s some sort of herb or something that oldass dumpy italian restaurants use a lot of because even sitting down in a place like that will usually make me barf from the smell. I have no idea what it is - oregano or basil or something - because I otherwise make and eat italian food just fine

I'm 90% certain that you're talking about fennel, but please - don't be so quick to judge fennel as horrible. I mean, yes, it is horrible, but it's like asafoetida. It is horrible with a purpose. When you eat certain things, it has a place!

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

bloody ghost titty posted:

A gentle reminder– the people who write these articles get paid because of page views, so every time you eliminate the scrolling by redirecting traffic to one of those pages, you reduce the pool of available payments for those writers.

Make your own calculus and all but please be advised, especially if you have a creative job in the Information Age.

But the reason why someone would redirect to a page like that is because so many recipe pages are completely unreadable and require scrolling through 15 pages of incomprehensible narrative before you maybe get to an actual recipe, right? Maybe these writers need to get a grip and write in a concise and effective style rather than huffing their own farts for half a novel's worth of extraneous garbage.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Shooting Blanks posted:

Largely agreed, but a buddy made me a BEC bagel sammich awhile back on a keto bagel that was shockingly good. I didn't believe that the bagel was keto until he showed me the container that confirmed it.

Strong agree with this. Orowheat, a mass market bread brand in the US, has a line of keto bread out now that is a bit more expensive than regular bread, but tastes basically like normal bread despite being composed almost entirely of insoluble fiber. There are assorted flour tortilla facsimiles that do the same thing from various brands, too. It's not like these products are necessarily good, but they are exceedingly normal. If you load them up with meat and cheese and other low-carb ingredients that are high quality, the quality of the other ingredients can so effectively override the normalcy of the low-carb bread replacement that you don't even notice it. But that can make a huge difference to a diabetic, being able to eat a good sandwich that is 1 or 2 net carbs with a minimal loss in quality, or eat a bunch of quality breakfast tacos without having to do an insulin shot.