Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
TOP FLIGHT VS THE HYBRID 2 15 18.99%
SHIDA VS JAY 7 8.86%
B&B VS 2/3S OF DEATH TRIANGLE 15 18.99%
IC VS SCU 1 1.27%
HANGMAN VS SILVER 41 51.90%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

xbilkis posted:

It's hard to think about Dynamite "leveling up" because the quality has been so high from the jump, but I do think they've got more high-quality storylines in motion right now than they ever have.

"Hectic and energetic" is the ideal vibe for a wrestling show and things are firing on all cylinders up and down the card

Yeah and they've got so many young wrestlers that are starting to come into their own too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

18 months, Mox? Really?

god i loving die every time i see this

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Moxley is just one of the best promos in wrestling now, isn't he? So consistently lights a fire. He's always excited for the chance to beat someone up.

Also, Anna Jay looked great out there. I said in some other thread that she's at least at a point where Shida could carry her to a decent match, but that was downright great! Granted, Shida does deserve a good share of the credit, she sold like a boss for everything Jay did to her. But they clicked really well. (And Jay returned the favor by being just knocked dead by the flying knee.)

Really fun show top to bottom, no real complaints.

Anna has come amazingly far in such a short time. She's a goddamn superstar and if she keeps going at this pace she's going to rule the division one day.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I enjoyed finding out, just now, that Ryback once beat up Ricky Starks in catering

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If it really was KENTA I'll freak the gently caress out. Love KENTA.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If Top Flight were in their second week on Raw this week they would have gotten squashed by Road Dogg and Bart Gunn, the New Outlaw's

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

god i loving die every time i see this

it really is one of the best images to ever come from wrestling

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Reality Protester posted:

I enjoyed finding out, just now, that Ryback once beat up Ricky Starks in catering

Ryborg come to AEW

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Kingston just aggroing everyone while he was on commentary was the best.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
There's so many little things that are amazing in AEW.

Kingston knowing why Mox is there instantly, Mox's subtle acknowledgement he believed him.

Tazz being a fragile man who can acknowledge that his body is broken down and he can't train his son, but when Cody brings it up he attacks someone personally for the first time in a decade.

Anna Jay knowing that Tay wouldn't want her to cheat do she used her as a two part ploy with John Silver.

Evil Uno being such a convincing wonderful man :allears: including how brilliant it was that he regretted attacking him in the past, but that hangman also has regrets....

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

:hmmyes:

incredible show top to bottom. taz proving he can still choke you the gently caress out if you cross him was great. all hail team taz

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
And Dangit now Shida has to prepare for Abadon, I was hoping for light hearted Shida doing cosplay for next week.

Which team/s will do GoT cosplay?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wazzu posted:

Kingston knowing why Mox is there instantly, Mox's subtle acknowledgement he believed him.

That fit their characters so well. Mox knew he could trust him because if Eddie had done it he would have told Mox to his face.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Wazzu posted:

this is a great point I didn't even realize. if it was wwe they'd have had forced lines explaining it excruciatingly but here it's done so simply and concisely and makes perfect sense.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm all pumped up on Taz tonight. Has Taz had any good matches? I need some more Taz.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Tazz being a fragile man who can acknowledge that his body is broken down and he can't train his son, but when Cody brings it up he attacks someone personally for the first time in a decade.

Anna Jay knowing that Tay wouldn't want her to cheat do she used her as a two part ploy with John Silver.

Evil Uno being such a convincing wonderful man :allears: including how brilliant it was that he regretted attacking him in the past, but that hangman also has regrets....

Yeah, tonight's show really showcased more than any other episode imo what kind of product AEW wants to present. The lines of being a face and heel aren't always clear and friendships are being made/are valued. Tay knows what Anna is part of and that she wants to cheat, but Anna's also her friend. Mox and Kingston may not be friends exactly, but there's a mutual respect/understanding and won't just kill each other bc face v. heel. With Lance & Death Triangle, they're not faces, but they're also not the villains here either. After this story wraps up, I could see all of them being evil again in an instant. Making grudges matter and they just aren't dropped the moment a big match is won and a new program starts. It's just awesome to see wrestlers from all up and down the card interacting with one another.

And then the Taz segment, which I just can't get out of my head. It just felt so real and I wasn't really sure where it was taking us. Him threatening to go up to commentary and take a headset. Taz wanting his belt to be legitimized and being very aggressive about it Just had a real intense/unpredictable energy to it. Just an awesome show overall.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LocalCompWWE/status/1184687042149736453

what a year

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1331804528258199552?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I'm all pumped up on Taz tonight. Has Taz had any good matches? I need some more Taz.

His WWF debut versus Kurt Angle was really great

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I think most of his ECW big matches are great. I particularly love him vs Mike Awesome, vs. Tajiri at heatwave, and vs Bam Bam at living dangerously is a classic.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think most of his ECW big matches are great. I particularly love him vs Mike Awesome, vs. Tajiri at heatwave, and vs Bam Bam at living dangerously is a classic.

Seconding Mike Awesome and Bam Bam for sure, I don't remember the Tajiri match. Taz's WWF debut he killed Olympic Hero Kurt Angle, and that is kinda funny.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

might i humbly suggest another

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Don't gently caress with Kenny Omega's dad.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

It's weird to me to see how many people hate on AEW (not here, but other places online). I'm getting old myself and i grew up on 80s WWF and NWA. This is the best wrestling television I have ever seen. Back in the day, most TV matches were squashes and even during the attitude era, most matches were kind of bullshit. AEW Dynamite puts on PPV quality matches like every week and it's mostly clean finishes too.

I love AEW and it got me back into regularly watching wrestling. Just saying

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

NienNunb posted:

Not many in the way of classic matches, but him squashing fuckers and cutting mean guy promos was usually super fun.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Duke Pukem posted:

It's weird to me to see how many people hate on AEW (not here, but other places online). I'm getting old myself and i grew up on 80s WWF and NWA. This is the best wrestling television I have ever seen. Back in the day, most TV matches were squashes and even during the attitude era, most matches were kind of bullshit. AEW Dynamite puts on PPV quality matches like every week and it's mostly clean finishes too.

If they don't hate on it they have to concede it's good and if they concede it's good that means the other thing isn't good. Because it's all or nothing to them. If you somehow enjoy WWE these days then great more power to you. But it seems to me the kinda person that can look at WWE and look at AEW and say AEW sucks and WWE is great isn't coming from a place of valid judgement.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Taz didn't have a ton of great matches but the tag matches with Sabu vs PE and then Benoit and Malenko are worth watching plus the two big singles matches with Sabu. Bam Bam match is good too.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Procrastinator posted:

might i humbly suggest another

That would be great, but I very much doubt you can sneak him into the country.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

DLC Inc posted:

His WWF debut versus Kurt Angle was really great

Man, he lit that crowd up. I still remember that more than 20 years later.

Shame how they wasted my favorite towel-man shortly thereafter.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love that Peter Avalon is Val Venis now.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Memnaelar posted:

That would be great, but I very much doubt you can sneak him into the country.

wait is the us actually locked down in a meaningful way? i thought getting back to japan would be the only tangible issue.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

No he just thinks he is, and that's a way funnier gimmick.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Duke Pukem posted:

WWE brainwashing is a hell of a thing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malcolm Excellent posted:

i'd rather he be val venis than who val venis actually is

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Such a good show, not even Hager/Jericho dragged it down for me. I think you gotta give the Dynamite Diamond Ring to Sammy to advance the Inner Circle implosion and his inevitable face turn, but I do think you have him beat someone like Matt Sydal for it and build to Sammy/MJF at Revolution or what ever legally distinct name they’re giving to the Bash At The Beach replacement (I think Tony announced it would be Beach Break).

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Procrastinator posted:

wait is the us actually locked down in a meaningful way? i thought getting back to japan would be the only tangible issue.

I'm not sure what the quarantine protocol is for coming into the US. What I meant is that there's no way you get that person onto a plane and into the country without word getting out to the public well before showtime. He's not exactly a low-key import.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1331784364208910338?s=20

People are crying about this tweet but it’s 100% accurate.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Memnaelar posted:

I'm not sure what the quarantine protocol is for coming into the US. What I meant is that there's no way you get that person onto a plane and into the country without word getting out to the public well before showtime. He's not exactly a low-key import.

He literally has to wear a mask every moment he’s outside, in the airport, and on the plane. Seems like actually the best time to low key get someone in without noticing.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Such a good show, not even Hager/Jericho dragged it down for me. I think you gotta give the Dynamite Diamond Ring to Sammy to advance the Inner Circle implosion and his inevitable face turn, but I do think you have him beat someone like Matt Sydal for it and build to Sammy/MJF at Revolution or what ever legally distinct name they’re giving to the Bash At The Beach replacement (I think Tony announced it would be Beach Break).

i think the only thing needed for the inner circle story is mjf or sammy eliminating the other. The ring can move on elsewhere, though MJF retaining it seems well within range to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Procrastinator posted:

i think the only thing needed for the inner circle story is mjf or sammy eliminating the other. The ring can move on elsewhere, though MJF retaining it seems well within range to me.

I think any of that is totally reasonable, but was just looking at the graphic and no one besides Sammy jumped out at me as a viable winner that moves a story forward besides maybe Page. Important to remember that the last two standing face off in a singles match for the ring, so that’s the other thing to keep in mind for how they might book it.