Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
TOP FLIGHT VS THE HYBRID 2 15 18.99%
SHIDA VS JAY 7 8.86%
B&B VS 2/3S OF DEATH TRIANGLE 15 18.99%
IC VS SCU 1 1.27%
HANGMAN VS SILVER 41 51.90%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was a great Dynamite but I watched A Shot of Brandi after it and now all I can think about is whether Sammy Guevara is on all the drugs or just mentally a 10 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its less the "high on life" stuff with Sammy and more just his complete and total lack of impulse control.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get a bad feeling that this Jericho/Hager thing is headed towards them taking the belts from the Bucks.

I like FTR and thought their reign was perfectly fine if uneventful (but so was SCU's, and any of Omega/Page's that didn't involve the Bucks). But I think they probably need a chapter turn before they get another reign. I guess that Horsemen thing could still develop but whether or not it does I just think FTR need to get themselves involved in something beyond the Bucks and their initial intro so they feel like deeper characters instead of just the guys who showed up to do that match they'd be pushing on social media. That could be as simple as a couple of feuds that help establish some character history.

Basically they should be in the SCU thing that Jericho/Hager seem to be starting that seems designed to legitimize them as a team.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I guess that depends on how much they like Hager because that feels like a vehicle for getting him over. But I could see this breaking other ways too. Maybe it leads to a crack in Inner Circle when they get the title match as Jericho tells Hager that MJF is replacing Hager and then they lose. It doesn't feel inevitable that they're getting the belts.

I don't think its inevitable, but I feel like there's a bunch of strands to it that make me dread it.

1) Just the frequency of that teamup and them winning.
2) A further reason to drive wedges in the Inner Circle and maybe cause a clash with Ortiz and Santana.
3) I could see them wanting to give Jericho something big to do, and grabbing another accolade as a thanks.
4) They keep pushing Hager and maybe this seems like the sort of thing they could justify giving him as a push.

It might just be me convincing myself something I don't want to happen will happen. I don't think its a lock. But when I look across the roster for what team feels like its on a trajectory towards the titles I'm not sure see anyone besides them moving that way. There's teams like Best Friends, Lucha Bros, Ortiz/Santana, FTR, and others who could take the belts easily but Jericho/Hager seem like there's some booking drive behind them.

If it DID happen I think it would be a short reign to transition to Ortiz/Santana or someone else, though. Or at least that would be my hope.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 27, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Jericho/Hager is pretty clearly heading towards an eventual conflict with Santana and Ortiz.

I don't know if that's "clear". I think its definitely a possible end game but Ortiz and Santana aren't really expressing any problems with it and honestly haven't even been that focused towards the belts in awhile.

The whole Inner Circle thing feels more like Sammy getting mad at Jericho for neglecting him. I'm not entirely sure how Ortiz and Santana fit there since they've reacted differently to MJF (which I like, because they're individuals, but makes it hard to predict where they go as a team).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

The SCU thing is pretty clearly just a setup so Jericho can fit in a match with Kazarian before he retires

The positive spin on this would definitely be Jericho getting in "bucket matches" with Kaz and Daniels and then ideally putting Scorpio over in a rematch. But if Jericho's looking for bucket matches the Bucks seem like a more tempting one than "a match with Frankie Kazarian."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MorningMoon posted:

They should be both, imho.

Yes, the Lucha Bros should be forever locked in a cycle of being too good not to want to compete against each other and strive for personal glory and too loving of each other and magical as a team not to team up. Just back and forth forever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like I said, if it happened I imagine it would be (a) a transition to someone else, (b) a thing for Jericho to boast about, and (c) something to satisfy their weird Hager thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think my favorite part of the BTE Belt is the apparent idea that the challenges are crafted based on the champion's creativity and interest level.

"Uh... lets buy a $20 toy game."
"Uh... lets flip water bottles."
"Uh... lets throw mustard packets across a table."

Also that John Silver had an ambitious idea of the Chip Challenge but then obviously decided he didn't want to eat one so made it a qualifier.

I look forward to the weekly question of what nonsense the champ thinks of and future champions who show different styles.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Main Event Spitball On A Whiteboard Bullseye Championship Match.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fawning deference posted:

I like that they do rankings to give it a true fighting league feel, but a lot of the time they don't make any sense. Why is Serena Deeb at 4-2 ranked higher than the 5-1 Abadon? Why is the 10-1 MJF ranked higher than the 11-1 Brian Cage? Why hasn't Swole been rotated down since she just got her shot and lost?

Rankings that are arbitrary, based on "quality of opponent", and contradictory and impossible to understand ARE what give them a true sports feel.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I Before E posted:

Because it's a phrase that sounds cool

Also no one still cares about Game of Thrones being bad except for nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

inthesto posted:

I don't know what it's like to get smacked in the cold, but when I rowed crew as a teenager, practice would end with everyone on the team no longer wearing a shirt, even when it was below freezing.

Dealing with "somewhat chilly" can't be anywhere near as bad as "the air is soup"

Playing pickup football in the snow is probably one of the single most painful and stupid things I actively went out of my way to do over and over for years when I was young and an idiot. So now that's all I'm comparing this to.