Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you think French sounds bad/weird?
Yes, it sounds bad
Yes, it sounds weird
I'm indifferent to it
No, it sounds great
Ceci n'est pas une Goku
View Results

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
French is fine, I voted indifferent. The only language I thought sounded especially cool the first time I heard it was Icelandic. It's all pillowy and flowy and nice. It's like a bed for my ears. :keke:

sean10mm posted:

Spanish Spanish has that weird lisp sound going on sometimes but Spanish in general can sound really good.

After learning Spanish from Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Dominicans, Peruvians, Hondurans, Ecuadorians, Argentinians, Mexicans, etc., I'm from Queens, NY I heard some Spaniard tourists on the subway, and they sounded like robot newsanchors.

quote:

People make fun of the Deep South but Boston has an absolute toilet accent. I grew up near there but just goddamn what did the letter r ever do to you?

I try to avoid disliking US accents because I don't want to sound like a classist jerk, but my god, Boston accents are horrible.

Big Beef City posted:

Japanese is a horrible language to listen to. Especially when spoken by a shrill younger woman that so many people seem to find enduring/sexy/whatever weird thing, sounds like a mouse being forced to speak Klingon.

I like the way Japanese sounds when spoken in normal contexts by normal people, and your description is hilariously, disturbingly accurate.

edit:

Randarkman posted:

Swedish is a garbage language.

Swedish isn't even the garbagest northern European language it's Faroese, imho

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

MachineryNoise posted:

French is perhaps the least sexy accent in Europe outside of the British Isles.

I think Irish accents are pretty sexy tbh

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

dutch and japanese are the dumbest sounding languages

Aw, I think Dutch sounds adorable. :3: