Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I work in IT for a retailer op. Luckily I only work til 2pm. Then I am also having a comically large meal for myself and Zooming my family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rndmnmbr posted:

Congratulations for making the choice for me. Slayer it is.

Everyone else in the house: what the gently caress just happened in the kitchen? (that scream opening Angel of Death is gold)

e.

gently caress yes ITT post your best Thanksgiving recipe.

Grandma’s Peanut Brittle

1 c. Karo syrup
2 c. granulated sugar
2 c. water
2 c. raw (unroasted) peanuts
˝ tbsp. butter
1˝ tsp. salt.
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine Karo syrup, sugar, and water in a heavy bottom saucepan. Heat over medium heat until mixture reaches soft ball stage (232 – 240 degrees on candy thermometer). Stir in raw peanuts, and continue to heat until mixture reaches hard crack stage (300 – 310 degrees on candy thermometer). Immediately remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly and pour out on a large greased cookie sheet. Let cool to room temperature, approx. 4 hours, and break up into pieces.

Miss you Grandma and Papa.

e2. I should add, I haven't slept since yesterday and kicked off the first Shiner Bock/Evan Williams depth charge right about my first post in this thread. It may be a struggle not to drunkpost as the day proceeds.

drat that sounds good af

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

how drunk are you op, i'm still working and want to be drunk vicariously

i'm gonna down a shot of bacardi and crack a beer in 35 minutes. then start cooking