Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

rear end-penny posted:

Four Loko is stored in the balls:eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

the considering or the not buying part because yeah i regret not going for it

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the considering or the not buying part because yeah i regret not going for it

not going for it. buying a case of :fourloko: is both harrowing and rewarding. Much like skydiving or Russian roulette

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

rear end-penny posted:

Four Loko is stored in the balls:eng101:

:lol:

edit: Four :lol:ko

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Escape From Noise

Bright Bart posted:

Poland has a chain restaurant called Bierehalle and the theme is basically Oktoberfest. They all brew on site and it is always a selection of styles nobody in NA will have ever heard of before.

The head brewer at one of the craft breweries not far from me here in Japan is Polish. He brewed a grodziskie a while back that was pretty tasty.

Escape From Noise

I had the Coca-Cola energy shot once. It tasted like pine for some reason.

I also still remember the old Four Loko and the rap on its website

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
4loko is an odd story. They rode the notoriety train to success but didn't stay on the right side of infamy.

My favourite EtOH related business is Skinny Girl vodka. It started as what appeared to be a running gag on a reality TV show of the Real Housewives variety. Everyone would tell the lady that it makes no sense because all the calories in vodka are from the alcohol itself.

One day I saw it on the shelves in the market. Then I learned she had sold the company for hundreds of millions I think it was. A little later the lady was on some list of the year's most successful entrepreneurs and her interview focused on how you should never let others convince you to abandon your dream if you know in your gut it will succeed.

Turns out people are just that nutritionally ignorant.

more falafel please

forums poster

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

The head brewer at one of the craft breweries not far from me here in Japan is Polish. He brewed a grodziskie a while back that was pretty tasty.

i always have to remind myself the difference between grodziskie and grisette but both are tasty imo

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Poland is an odd story. As neighbour to Germany we have a long brewing tradition and several unique local styles. But both Soviet oppression and later privatization consolidated it all into like a dozen light lagers that are owned by a handful of companies immediately abandoning the old recipes. Oh, you were a Baltic porter? Congratulations, you're now a light lager. Amber ale? Light lager. Light lager? Even lighter lager.

It is slowly returning to reason however and you will find a plethora of styles at the market in better-off cities.

BTW SWR, how is the job search going? I presume you are an expat right?

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

i always have to remind myself the difference between grodziskie and grisette but both are tasty imo

I know how to spell the latter but not the former.

take the moon

by sebmojo

Bright Bart posted:

Poland is an odd story. As neighbour to Germany we have a long brewing tradition and several unique local styles. But both Soviet oppression and later privatization consolidated it all into like a dozen light lagers that are owned by a handful of companies immediately abandoning the old recipes. Oh, you were a Baltic porter? Congratulations, you're now a light lager. Amber ale? Light lager. Light lager? Even lighter lager.

It is slowly returning to reason however and you will find a plethora of styles at the market in better-off cities.

BTW SWR, how is the job search going? I presume you are an expat right?

in soviet poland brew brews u

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I'm kind of just staying where I am for now since I'm still technically employed and nobody is really hiring at the moment. I am an ex pat so at least this way I can maintain my visa. Where I work may get the license still, but since it's the end of the year it probably won't happen until early next year if it does work out seeing as most non customer service businesses and offices pretty much shut down mid December to mid January here.