Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

:colbert:
I'll wait for ButtTheShitmanFart's input on this before I drink anything rash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, I want to submit the following argument for consideration of the white law committee:

:geoduck:

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Very worried that GaG’s highly Teutonic body would violently reject any bubbly alchoholic beverage which is not beer.

This is a real danger guys

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

In 1870, Helmut von Moltke (the Elder) drank a white claw on a dare from the Prussian general staff and the next day invaded france and started the Franko-Prussian war :shrug:

Historic trashed crew confirms

Goons Are Gifts

I mean, I don't even know where to get one, it's like an impossible mod challenge over here, you know
Don't you remember what happened last time when I was challenged to get a taco. Most citizens of the city still haven't recovered and I don't think that toilet is ever going to be open for business ever again

There's lives at stake here

Goons Are Gifts

Oh holy god it's buzz.
Alright, as part of a general peace offering here, I will commit to checking my next local supermarket for this beverage to see if I can find it. Let it be noted that this is not an acceptance of defeat or me committing to actually consuming it, but the first step towards finding out if I can get it right here. :colbert:
I definitely know a place that has it, but whether or not I am willing to go to the insane length of driving there to retrieve it is something I will delegate on future gag to decide.

Goons Are Gifts

pecan posted:

what if we all start posting the whiteclaws we are drinking maybe we can socially pressure gag

If at least three people do this, I will offer a fully fledged mod challenge where I go to search for buzz and if I don't do it and get lazy I'll probe myself until I do it

Goons Are Gifts

Alright so on Sundays all shops are closed over here, so I couldn't get the thing yet, but to compensate I'm going to probe now and search for the buzz today or keep on probing if I don't uphold my attempt to find it.

A man's only as good as his terrible, not even really beer, after all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

Reporting live that I am right this second on my way to a store that might or might not have a white claw alternative available. Will report updates itt to prove my commitment

Goons Are Gifts

Checking...

Goons Are Gifts

Searching...

Goons Are Gifts

I'm even looking in the cooled section, although every German knows that whatever is in here is Not Really Good(tm)

Goons Are Gifts

Alright so after checking all obligatory 12 beer and alcohol shelves every German supermarket always has, I could not find buzz or white claw, including the cooled section.
However, I did find this hard seltzer which literally is the only kind they have:

I bought two of these well known monstrosities, but I'll leave it up to the unwashed masses of trashes crew if this will do.

I'll admit in all fairness that the supermarket I searched in is not very big or well managed, so there's a chance other places might have it. I can either take these or search with advanced methods.

Goons Are Gifts

Looks like both had the same idea here!

Goons Are Gifts

Update: Since I had to go to the post office to grab some stuff, I just entered a nearby bigger store to also search for something slightly more original. This place is huge if I can't find it here, it probably doesn't exist (sadly buzz does exist)

Goons Are Gifts

Phew let's do this. I'll report back when I am through with these and the remaining 25 shelves sitting behind them. Gonna be a week or two

Goons Are Gifts

I feel like I'm not Bavarian enough for this kind of can

Goons Are Gifts

Here for the sake of this year I throw this on top of the whatever I bought at the other store

Goons Are Gifts

Oh no, that's even quite expensive. The lowest you can go on both price as well as self respect would be one liter for 13 cents in total

It's for the quantity over quality kind of getting trashed

Goons Are Gifts

In Germany we have what's called a Pfandsystem in general, so any kind of can, bottle and similar stuff that's made out of plastic or can and should be recycled will pay you between 8 (glass bottle) to 25 cents (plastic bottle and cans) per unit back when you return them to the store. It's a law and is available everywhere.

Goons Are Gifts

So no buzz or Whiteclaw around, but more of this other stuff and I feel like that's the allowed version because now that's I'm thinking about it I do think buzz counts as a danger to national security by now

Gonna have to go with that aqua? Aowa stuff for now but I have two cans for double the fun

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Gifts

Starting with this one

It already smells like I should have rather probed myself for a year

Goons Are Gifts

I didn't expect this kind of color, but I figured a monster like this can only be enjoyed out of the perfect glass for both wine and beer.

Goons Are Gifts

First impressions from the first sip:

Holy Mother of God this is bad, this is so bad oh my God I might die here and now

Second impression:
Maybe it gets better if I drink more, I just have to stop choking for a minute

Third impression:
It does not get better if I drink more I don't want this

Goons Are Gifts

Updated situation

Goons Are Gifts

It tastes like, uhh, not even lime actually. Certainly not mandarin orange. It's mostly bitter with a wild mixture of unwanted sweetness

I mean the thing is, I don't even really like wine

Goons Are Gifts

Alright gonna be fair here, the pros:
1)
It has a certain sweetness mixed with bitterness that I can imagine someone could theoretically enjoy to a certain degree.
2) it gets less with every sip and thus I get closer to the end of this

Cons:
1) WHO MAKES THIS WHY DOES THIS EXIST NOBODY WANTS THIS EVER

Goons Are Gifts

I have sinned, so I must suffer

Goons Are Gifts

Why did I buy two cans of this

Goons Are Gifts

I can't wait to find out how the hell peach and mint are supposed to work together in this

Goons Are Gifts

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I am not sure I would have recommended decanting a white claw to savor the aroma

I tried the first few sips here in the can and it did not really improve the situation, I feel like this is beyond repair in terms of how to consume it

Update on the peach and mint: it doesn't work together. At all.

Goons Are Gifts

I'm not sure if this actually worse or if it just becomes worse the more you drink of it

Goons Are Gifts

This actually tastes like spoiled white wine of some sort. I'm not even sure it's safe to drink at this point, this is so bad, why is this produced

Goons Are Gifts

Aqva producers were like "hmm you know what this needs? Mint. You know, the classic mint flavor of wine in a can, that's what will boost sales"

Goons Are Gifts

I did it. It took a lot of me and I might never be the same, but I did it.
They did a really good mixture of peach and mint in this. You really taste both quite well. If this was their goal, it worked out. The only thing they didn't question was that this is incredibly bad and doesn't taste well at all.

It's like this mix only works on paper and they just went ahead with it

Goons Are Gifts

However, I officially hereby announce that I did, indeed, drink the Whiteclaw. And I shall never do this ever again

Goons Are Gifts

I should join trashed crew now and drink some Hefeweizen or something German to counter this, because this taste is exactly what you expect peach and mint in a wine cocktail to be. It comes at you in waves and lingers in your mouth a lot longer than you want

Goons Are Gifts

I ate a salad now and even a Bockwurst and I still can taste the whiteclaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Kief Richards posted:

Ok but was there mustard involved I need to know

Also gimme the details of where to dump charity money, you earned several rewards in heaven today

I'd love for this to go to a cancer charity like this one: https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate.html
I don't know the American version here, but the German equivalent we have here helped me a lot actually during my treatment and I hope they also do that in the US. I'm happy with any kind of health related charity alternatively, though, because everyone stay safe!!