Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

And then everyone stood up singing Queen's We Are The Champions and everyone patted my back telling me how fuckawesome I am for daring to belt this legendary tune out by myself before everyone joined in Harmoniously.

lol yeah but the "and that man was albert einstein" versino would probably involve me having a clue instead of probably getting schooled by my old acquaintance who's led a much more successful life than me. i'm sort of intimidated tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Finishing up ranked mahjong for Kiryu & Majima, running around doing sidequests I missed, taking my sweet time with the final part of real estate and cabaret clubs because I am a bit worried kiwami won't be anywhere near as good as 0 and I'm not ready to let go yet

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Brasseye posted:

Finishing up ranked mahjong for Kiryu & Majima, running around doing sidequests I missed, taking my sweet time with the final part of real estate and cabaret clubs because I am a bit worried kiwami won't be anywhere near as good as 0 and I'm not ready to let go yet

K1 isn't that bad and k2 is really good so theres a lot to look forward to.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Just beat 4 Akiyama is cool as gently caress

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol yeah but the "and that man was albert einstein" versino would probably involve me having a clue instead of probably getting schooled by my old acquaintance who's led a much more successful life than me. i'm sort of intimidated tbh

youre an imp zone ik, i have no idea how the hell they could achieve any more than you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

youre an imp zone ik, i have no idea how the hell they could achieve any more than you

"skyrimmerables, you called it? very droll, very nice. love the bizarre nighmare descriptions. tricyclod, wasn't it? just remembered i had a thing. uh... don't steal too often? enjoy web 1.0, darling!"

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Who Shakedowns the Mr Shakedown?

Me

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Hilario Baldness posted:

Who Shakedowns the Mr Shakedown?

Me

:cheers:
This is a good feeling.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i could never seem to find mr shakedown as kiryu and it feels too early in my majima run to chase him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kiwami 2 really does feel like a brand new game. It's gorgeous too, drat. Excited to sink my teeth into this over the next few weeks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i put kiwami 2 in the same tier as 0, and imo it might be even better. the dragon engine is insanely fuckin good

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

The city is so drat beautiful in 2 goddamn. The fighting was a little floaty for me sometimes thanks to the physics but on the other side of the coin, launching a scrub through a loving store window always made up for it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Professor of Cats posted:

The city is so drat beautiful in 2 goddamn. The fighting was a little floaty for me sometimes thanks to the physics but on the other side of the coin, launching a scrub through a loving store window always made up for it.

you can huck idiots off the bridge or over th river fence in sotenbori and it absolutely fuckin rules

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

you can huck idiots off the bridge or over th river fence in sotenbori and it absolutely fuckin rules

i do this every single chance i get, sometimes just drinking a tauriner to make sure i get to toss every last one in the river

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also the trailer for kiwami 2 is godlike. top 5 game trailers ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l018yH7oA04

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the fighting does feel weird but so did 0 and i got used to it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the fighting does feel weird but so did 0 and i got used to it

I think my chief complaint is that the dudes on the street fall so easily that most of the combat you do only touches on how it actually works and how to do combos. but it's not like I really want a boss fight every three seconds, so I get it. you CAN button mash but you can also use them for practice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lmao i just posted on facebook about having some mahjong troubles and my online shitposting friend from the early aughts responded. she has a Ph D from loving Oxford, has published a few books, is a tenured professor and has gotten doxxed more than once, so she got more cautious on social media and we haven't chatted much recently, but she was like "ahh, i'm suffering from similar difficulties. let's find a time to chat on Zoom?? i'm on GMT." yakuza reconnecting old friends ftw. thank you, sega.

Lol gently caress yeah. You both should get on MajSoul and start climbing the ladder to Grandmaster.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

mlao every time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

suddenly realising your standing with your hand to your heart when the video ends

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

completely stupid rear end question, but how do you execute heat attacks in kiwami 2? i see the trigger for like literally 0.0001 of a second sometimes but for the most part it just seems i can't do them at all?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

suddenly realising your standing with your hand to your heart when the video ends

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

completely stupid rear end question, but how do you execute heat attacks in kiwami 2? i see the trigger for like literally 0.0001 of a second sometimes but for the most part it just seems i can't do them at all?

You have to unlock most of them from the stats menu, even the pretty basic ones

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

Cant oyu do this in 0 too?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cant oyu do this in 0 too?

i think its a heat action in 0, in k2 you can just do it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Minor y 4 spoilers. I'm not feeling Saejima's character or combat style.... Maybe it'll get better but Akiyama is so much cooler it feels like a big downgrade.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Seltzer posted:

Minor y 4 spoilers. I'm not feeling Saejima's character or combat style.... Maybe it'll get better but Akiyama is so much cooler it feels like a big downgrade.

The idea of Saejima is much cooler than having to play as Saejima imo

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

0 is still the only one I played and I randomly thought of the the cult sidequest today. That one rules (as do many others)!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which class in y7 gives skills in cold damage? I had a bitch of the time with the chapter 9 boss because I had no magic dealers lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Host/Hostess learns one fairly early on.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

0 is still the only one I played and I randomly thought of the the cult sidequest today. That one rules (as do many others)!

lol, that one is so good

I kinda wish I stuck around to finish up the rest of the sidequests in 0 but at the same time, I kinda knew if I didn't move on I'd never complete this series

trust your gamer instincts

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, that one is so good

I kinda wish I stuck around to finish up the rest of the sidequests in 0 but at the same time, I kinda knew if I didn't move on I'd never complete this series

the substories are probably my favorite part but it's easy to get sucked into the little things. i've spent most of tonight playing Outrun and mahjong, but i'm missing kiryu so i'll probably advance the story a little now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, that one is so good

I felt the opposite. I didn’t vibe with the story and basically shelved the game for 3 years when I completed every side quest.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

"Masochistic Man" joined my real estate company and squealed like a pig with delight, lol what weird game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finished up all the sidequests in Kiwami 1 except for the colosseum stuff to unlock the extra moves bc it wasn't that fun...on to Kiwami 2.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

"Masochistic Man" joined my real estate company and squealed like a pig with delight, lol what weird game

Assembling a dream team for the real estate company is hilarious.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i uh... just unlocked the real estate :stare:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i uh... just unlocked the real estate :stare:

lol, you're still just beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol, you're still just beginning

excuse me, sir. i'll have you know that i have a 31.55 percent completion ranking and an excellent Outrun score.