Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

5 is such a massive step up lol. i'm in kiryu's chapter two and ive got like five major minigames and side missions open and thats not counting the normal side poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
4 is definitely the low point of the series.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The construction game isn't great but it's worth it for the theme song

https://youtu.be/YIwcEpBRnsY

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seltzer posted:

4 is definitely the low point of the series.

Eh I still think 3 was worse overall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

5 is such a massive step up lol. i'm in kiryu's chapter two and ive got like five major minigames and side missions open and thats not counting the normal side poo poo

Yeah. It even just looks nicer. I think 5 uses the same engine as 0/Kiwami

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

okay, i unlocked the construction mini-game, coliseum and street bosses, lol. i think the first thing i'll finish in the completion list might be mini-games? i just have to go out a few more times in mahjong, win a shogi match, and watch videos.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
drat i can’t believe i just found this thread

anyway, here’s my yakuza series ranking hot take: they’re all fantastic, eat me

also dead souls is canon, prove me wrong

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:gamefreak:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dewgy posted:

:classiclol:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dewgy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOmHLvRVbJY

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
y6 is now 60 fps on series x as of today and it looks + plays so much better. Gonna do more side content now because of that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

reached the finale in k2, wanna finish the cabaret story before doing it though. the final boss of original 2 is as far as I've ever gotten into the Yakuza Lore so it'll be fun to experience y3 and beyond finally. also I remember the finale of 2 being pretty awesome until I quit out of frustration bc of how badly I just didn't get the ps2 combat systems. K2 should be a lot smoother

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The k2 finale is epic

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm still on chapter 5 because I found the tower defense mini game. it won't even let me go back the cabaret club story yet, lol.

I think things will go p. fast after that though, I'm through most of the completion list for everything except side stories. we'll see what harukas requests are like whenever that happens. I thought all the stuff with the puppy would be the first one but it wasnt

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Ive been playing k2 for a long time now, getting close to finishing all substories.. excited to see what happens next but I might power through the main quests of the 3-4-5 remasters... I know I'm really going to miss this engine when I start the 3 remaster.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The song during sparring with Nair rules.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

10/17 of the majima missions done, but i might take a break. i was hoping to just knock them all out and move on but it's too much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The k2 finale is epic

no loving kidding, that was the high point of the whole series for me. Kiwami 2 is def my fave so far, best mini games, best combat, brought the hostess club from 0, absolutely beautiful environments redone in the new engine, I loved it from beginning to end. i know 3/4 won't be at that same tier but I'm still excited to continue my yakuza journey

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

no loving kidding, that was the high point of the whole series for me. Kiwami 2 is def my fave so far, best mini games, best combat, brought the hostess club from 0, absolutely beautiful environments redone in the new engine, I loved it from beginning to end. i know 3/4 won't be at that same tier but I'm still excited to continue my yakuza journey

The protagonist and antagonist are bleeding out and gonna die but still want to beat the poo poo out of each other is like my favourite final boss trope.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

The protagonist and antagonist are bleeding out and gonna die but still want to beat the poo poo out of each other is like my favourite final boss trope.

Yup. Only thing that woulda made that scene better is Ryuji and Kiryu injecting each other with a Tauriner Max

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Yup. Only thing that woulda made that scene better is Ryuji and Kiryu injecting each other with a Tauriner Max

Lol absolutely

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i finished the dang construction mini game and am back to enjoyable substories like kiryu watching The Ring and the world's worst hip=hop artist.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i finished yakuza like a dragon a couple weeks ago and i’m sad i don’t have another yakuza game to play

the judgement day thing starts in around 30 minutes so maybe they’ll announce judgement for PC

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure Stadia paid for PC exclusivity for at least a few months. It's for sure coming to Steam but who knows when.

Also Judgement sequel gets revealed today. It was already leaked on the PS store but it's unclear if it's coming to any other platforms at the start. Should be out soon though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1390674522462896140?s=19

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

any thoughts about when to play judgement? i was thinking maybe after 6 but before like a dragon. then by the time i finish like a dragon, the judgement sequel will be out :D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

any thoughts about when to play judgement? i was thinking maybe after 6 but before like a dragon. then by the time i finish like a dragon, the judgement sequel will be out :D

AFAIK it takes place between 6 and 7 in the timeline. I started it a while back but I'm gonna hold off until after I beat 6 to play it again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

AFAIK it takes place between 6 and 7 in the timeline. I started it a while back but I'm gonna hold off until after I beat 6 to play it again

yeah it looks like that was when it was released so that makes sense.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yakuza/Judgment ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's not in the trailer on YouTube but during the stream they showed a selection of the minigames and it looks incredible. BattleBots, THPS, high school dance team. Just incredible poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's getting a simultaneous worldwide release and they said they're planning the same for Yakuza games going forward :popeye:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah. I might have missed something because I played Judgment after Kiwami 2 but before the 3-5 remasters came out so I hadn’t played those or 6, but as far as I can tell the main story isn’t related to the mainline Yakuza at all but there is one substory in Judgment that follows up a Yakuza 6 substory chain.

It was obvious at the time that it was a reference to something Kiryu did in another game but that’s the only time I felt like I was missing a reference. There weren’t a lot of moments like when you meet Daigo or Ryuji in 0 and you’re like “i have no idea who this is but I guess this guy’s going to come back later in the series”

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's getting a simultaneous worldwide release and they said they're planning the same for Yakuza games going forward :popeye:

thats so fuckin cool. how far weve come in ten years

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

It's not in the trailer on YouTube but during the stream they showed a selection of the minigames and it looks incredible. BattleBots, THPS, high school dance team. Just incredible poo poo.

wait am I reading this right. there's a skateboarding mini game? I'm pretty sure I literally had a dream about this, thank you Sega.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao hell yeah

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Timestamp to the interesting stuff from the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBnV_BiZckE&t=833s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah. I might have missed something because I played Judgment after Kiwami 2 but before the 3-5 remasters came out so I hadn’t played those or 6, but as far as I can tell the main story isn’t related to the mainline Yakuza at all but there is one substory in Judgment that follows up a Yakuza 6 substory chain.

It was obvious at the time that it was a reference to something Kiryu did in another game but that’s the only time I felt like I was missing a reference. There weren’t a lot of moments like when you meet Daigo or Ryuji in 0 and you’re like “i have no idea who this is but I guess this guy’s going to come back later in the series”

Little Asia is still down for renovation after the fire in Y6 but I think that’s it