Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seltzer posted:

This seems like bad news.

He wasn't as involved with 7 from what I've read so it's probably fine for him to pass the torch now. I hope it's not true though anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Apparently he offended Puyo Puyo fans by saying they look like they eat cheese beef bowls, and is being exiled from the Sega family.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Seltzer posted:

This seems like bad news.

:(

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

P-Mack posted:

Apparently he offended Puyo Puyo fans by saying they look like they eat cheese beef bowls, and is being exiled from the Sega family.

I thought this was a joke and I've read the whole thing now and its nuts.

quote:

The term chiizu gyuudon gao (チーズ牛丼顔) or “cheese beef bowl face” has been circulating online. Shortened to chiigyu (チー牛) or “cheese beef,” this slang term is used to refer to people who live in rural areas, look very young, wear glasses, and don’t have much ambition. It’s a negative, mocking term to deride people who might not be considered “cool.” Nagoshi was clearly making fun of Puyo Puyo players.

quote:

Many were furious at the remark, leaving comments on YouTube and elsewhere online.

“This is the reason Sega lost to Sony and Nintendo.”
“I’m not sure Nagoshi should be talking like that. Sure, he’s got a scary face but his arms are like twigs.”
“Probably not a good idea to mock the people who support your company.”
“Nagoshi has the body of a chi-gyu.”
“Just because he made the Yakuza game he thinks he’s a tough guy, but really he’s just a nerd like the rest of us.”
“Look up old pictures of Nagoshi. He was a total chi-gyu before making Yakuza.”

quote:

“Once again, I am truly sorry,” said Nagoshi, half-bowing his head at the end of his remarks. When the livestream started, however, the Yakuza exec then said he had been scolded, seemingly by Sega, after making those remarks.

Some fans didn’t seem satisfied.

“If you are going to bow your head, bow your head correctly,” wrote one commenter on YouTube. Other comments thought that the apology was too informal and that Nagoshi should have apologized while wearing a suit.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cheese gyuudon bowl face is win

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He wasn't as involved with 7 from what I've read so it's probably fine for him to pass the torch now. I hope it's not true though anyway

He was still the lead writer for Judgment and game director for Lost Judgment

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Lmfao amazing

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I remember him making those comments but I assumed you were joking about that being the reason he was being sidelined lol. Didn’t realize it caused an actual stir. This is bad news, I’ll give the first Yakuza game to come out without him a shot but I’m not feeling great about this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

its even worse becuase his whole story people are running around going tanimura youre the only pure cop left. youre the last hope of tokyo metropolitan. everyone's super corrupt but you. and like, the first thing you do is shake down a store a couple times and gently caress off to play mahjong. fuckin hate tanimura lol

Yeah it's so dumb lol. No consistency whatsoever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Lmao

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

He should've learned from Ichiban

nosering
Oct 12, 2012
https://github.com/GarnetSunset/Ishin-Machine-Translation

curious to try this out... very curious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Seltzer posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Seltzer posted:

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kicked off of the yakuza series after getting looped into a yakuza substory.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They Might Be Giants - Cheese Beef Bowl Face

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CHEESE BEEF BOWL FACE: *doing that prancing, arm-waving thing* Huh? You call that an apology? It wasn't even a proper bow! You're not going to HAVE a face by the time we're finished with you!

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

CHEESE BEEF BOWL FACE: *doing that prancing, arm-waving thing* Huh? You call that an apology? It wasn't even a proper bow! You're not going to HAVE a face by the time we're finished with you!

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Charming bowl-shaped face!

Steamy aromatic beef head!

Cute double chin!

Cool glasses, vital for any puyo fan!

And his bold and trendy chi-gyu look!

That's right, he's the pride of the Puyo Puyo community...

Ono...Chi-gyu!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm just getting deep into yakuza 4, and akiyama is a real prick

also ueno family thinks they can take west park from majima, and daigo's big answer is "yeah, I guess you can try"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Bicyclops posted:

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQSL7atYl4

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Cute double chin!

Ono...Chi-gyu!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

Cute double chin!

Ono...Chi-gyu!

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Oh yea this is the pic that started the Chiigyu meme.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They Might Be Giants - Cheese Beef Bowl Face

Bicyclops posted:

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

Fungah! posted:

Cute double chin!

Ono...Chi-gyu!

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

Fungah! posted:

Cute double chin!

Ono...Chi-gyu!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

~*PUYO PUYO PLAYERS*~

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i remembered last night that i had forgotten to give an offering at the mountain temple, figuring it would be a quick substory and lmao.

spent all night battling a mountain god, then going back to the city to clear out a restaurant from the beating i took, then doing a hostess visit on the way back to the cab. every time i think i'm finally going to advance the story i find more things to do. i AM going to skip pool until later if i can get my completion rate to 33.33 percent before saejima's part is over, which seems doable.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

a woman was bleeding out and needed bandages but I ended up playing golf for an hour

game owns so hard

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Actual lol @ Saejima's revelations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fortaleza posted:

Wrapped up Chapters 12 and 13 for Like a Dragon yesterday and hoooo boy, that's some high drama. The story in this one is rocketing towards the top of my series ranking.

I have also done this and it's amazing how this series manages the most convoluted stories possible and they're somehow better for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On the kiryu chapter finally. drat it feels good to be back.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i just got to the snowball fight minigame and i'm garbage at it but i'm still like halfway through the wins i need to finish it off. i've got a few meals left at one restaurant but i think i'll save pool for kamurocho.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that minigame is maybe th biggest gap between how cool the idea is and how mich the execution sucks in the whole series

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

that minigame is maybe th biggest gap between how cool the idea is and how mich the execution sucks in the whole series

yeah, lol. it's the opposite of the noodle chef game which really has no business being as fun as it is.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Does anybody just boot up this game to play mahjong? I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Heath posted:

Does anybody just boot up this game to play mahjong? I do

:hai: