Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

reloaded the electronics king OutRun battle twice, and won. it wasn't that hard once i realized there was a Hi Gear mode lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

drunk synthy casually cruising around in low gear and wondering why he keeps running out of time is cracking me up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

at most i remember this https://boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html but i think theres a reason there arent pictures lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the real estate owns

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its nice to be surprised by things in the age of data mining guide freaks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

real yakuza use a controller

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hell if i was a politician id take bribes. youd be foolish not to, it's free money

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Even after he had a stroke during his corruption trial and was basically a vegetable he won his seat by the biggest margin in Japan. I learned about him from one of my old students who was tearfully telling me about the historical figure she admired the most.

lmfao, japan rules

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakuei_Tanaka he was in office for 5 more years lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just remembered years ago when i was ik i got table top simulator for free because gunky junket bribed me with steam money to probe someone, i cant even remember who

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you sega

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:hai:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the actual bits you hit are definitely to the beat it just all the movement in between doesnt need to be, i feel like if you play an instrument it shouldnt be that hard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Kiryu doing the "this is loving awesome" face.

i was thinking the exact same thing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to try stop playing caberet club and play the final mission of y0 so i can move on and play the rest lol. im at like 120 hours

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I felt like a moron the first two times I played it and then suddenly it clicked and got fun. I'm still doing easy mode on all the songs, though, I'm sure I'll be back in two days ranting and raving about how unfair hard mode is.

hard mode isn't that bad, it just gives you more things to press, theres side stories that are definitely harder since you need to take advantage of the scoring system more

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol, I was getting ready to wrap up disco form the night and thought I'd turn in some completion points at the shrine. on the way I got roped into a tv shoot and then when I tried to find a phone booth to save that I got roped into a high school argument that led to a panties selling ring next to a stop and frisk failure police officer. this game is like After Hours when it's not the main story. I love it. thank you, imp zone

lol, when all the sub stories start firing its so awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm starting to think Bicyclops hasn't gotten to Majima yet.

theres too much bowling to do

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i still haven't advanced the story beyond the first time you go to your apartment because i've been too busy doing disco battles, darts, old sega games, befriending mushroom salesmen, etc. my completion rate is already 15

you still have much more to do lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

yakuza 0 is so good i think it changed me

congrats on your caberet club empire bob

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i took a small break from all the mini-games and i'm at majima now.

congrats on the new minigames

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol yeah but the "and that man was albert einstein" versino would probably involve me having a clue instead of probably getting schooled by my old acquaintance who's led a much more successful life than me. i'm sort of intimidated tbh

youre an imp zone ik, i have no idea how the hell they could achieve any more than you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

also the trailer for kiwami 2 is godlike. top 5 game trailers ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l018yH7oA04

suddenly realising your standing with your hand to your heart when the video ends

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i uh... just unlocked the real estate :stare:

lol, you're still just beginning

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the real estate dreams are going to be so good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i didnt come for the brawler gameplay

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

remembering the time i was drunk and realized there were different gears in Outrun.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i hate the telephone club. it's not hard, it's just kind of awkward and time-consuming

its a nightmare getting all the substories and i had to look up how the whole system worked just to get the one i was missing lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, I've done it three times (counting the battle) and I don't even know how many I have left.

to save you the nightmare i went through, theres a unique good date and a bad date for each colour

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i'm on ps4 unfortunately. i don't have trouble lining up the shot at all, i just suck at the timing. i know you can look at kiryu for help but for some reason that throws me off more.

lol, i only played until i was 12. i was very bad at everything because i am stereoblind, but one game, the pitcher hit me with the ball three times in a row and the coach made a thinking-real-hard face and then hunkered down and really seriously said to me "okay. i'm gonna level with you here. you're a terrible batter. here's what you're going to do from now on. just stand there and get hit by the ball. you're like a ball magnet, it heads right for your face, it's amazing. so just stand there. don't swing at all." and that's what i did. suddenly, i was great at getting on base, and i was actually pretty good at running for my age, so i could steal bases a lot of the time.

the kids on the team nicknamed me Statue, and that made me even better, because i'd get up to the plate and they'd all yell "Sta-TUE! Sta-TUE! sta-TUE!!" and i'd glare at the pitcher intimidatingly. at 12, all the pitchers were like "drat, this dude has a nickname and everything! look at the icy glare!!" and it would gently caress them up, so i'd basically always walk, usually from getting beaned. eventually my team wasn't allowed to cheer anymore (we had a gustavo on our team, and every time he got up to bat we'd yell "Goose!!" and make loud honking noises until the other parents complained), and suddenly i was just a bad player, so i quit.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i gave up on baseball as when i was like 13 or 14 because i always wanted to be a pitcher when we played at school, but the coach always put me in the outfield because i was the only one that could hit bases from there and it was boring as gently caress

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My dad signed me up for soccer for a couple years but gave up since I would just look for bugs and flowers during games.

lol cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i quit soccer before the end of the first season because every parent was insane and would yell at under-performing kids from the sidelines, while believing their kid was going to be the next big star and do insane backroom deals to get them in the good roles. due to this when i wanted to try being goal keeper and instead the coach just put the fat kid in there and refused to let anyone change positions. i hope kid sports are better now lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Kiryu saw a girl using a computer and said "Wow."

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats obvious to anyone that has seen a clock

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goddamn

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im super cheap on the gifts and my hostesses slowly burn out after a couple of rounds. like i give a poo poo, im all about the profits baby

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Grundma posted:

He must have done something real hosed up in NY Hot Dog

he called it a sandwich

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

5 > 0 > 7 > 2 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 3

man nurse posted:

Hmm. Instead of ranks, ima go like this

God tier: 0, 2, 7, Judgment

Top tier: 3, 5, 6

Good tier: 1, 4

None of them are bad games. Hell I’d play 1 or 4 over a lot of other stuff. Some are just even more good than some of the other ones.

I havent played either but gonig by these tierlists it's definitely the yakuza doldrums you're in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Understanding the importance of Downsizing and properly being a CEO during a Recession: better than Majima popping out of a giant traffic cone to stab you in the rear end. Yeah okay, lmfao. gently caress off

lol