Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah that's real funny. I'm actually laughing too.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

think I'm gonna finally play Kiwami 1/2. 0 is fuggin amazing and made good on what the PS2 games we're trying to accomplish, can't wait to see how the remakes expand the world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting Kiwami 1 tonight. 2021 is gonna be the Year of the Dragon of Dojima.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm gonna start it after Cyberpunk

the intro is cool and instantly got back into the Yakuza mood. The music, Majima's outfit, even the menu sounds etc. it's gonna be awesome seeing how they remade this and filled out 1 & 2 after 0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

do the PS4 versions of 3/4/5 run at 60 or should I wait for the pc versions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kiryu's life is brutal, guy cant even get one night off after a decade in prison.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

these arcade operators shouldn't be letting children play MesuKing...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol Goromi got me good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

imo that's the best part of Kiwami 1

my fave far has been the decades long pocket circuit saga or the 5 part Substory of "guy bumps into Kiryu on the exact same road"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat now im getting hype for K2 bc ive been loving K1 way more than the original.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they should do one set in the 50s/60s.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Even after he had a stroke during his corruption trial and was basically a vegetable he won his seat by the biggest margin in Japan. I learned about him from one of my old students who was tearfully telling me about the historical figure she admired the most.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should be able to go into every building

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

Kiwami is probably the least good game in the series simply by virtue of being a faithful remake of the first game in the entire series so substories generally aren’t good, and they added some obnoxious mechanics like the boss health regen that you gotta counter with “Kiwami” attacks. It’s worth going through to see how the story pays off stuff from 0 though.

Then you get to Kiwami 2, which is a crown jewel.

Majima Everywhere is also a fun idea but he has so much GD health.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the fight with Kau Long was cool but I wonder when anything in the series will top the sewer battle from 0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hearing the New Story Objective sound effect in my head whenever i leave the apt to do a curbside grocery pickup

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shove off with this video Rina, I was hoping for an epic shirt or possibly a very strong bat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the end Yakuza 1 is so sick, and Kiwami juiced up all the cutscenes to make them even more fun and melodramatic than I remembered. Dipping back into adventure mode to check out the last substory I didn't find and then on to Kiwami 2. drat I can't wait to get to 3,4,5,6,7 and judgment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

ive played too many rhythm games to be able to correctly play that disco game where youre not actually playing to the beat

yeah my brain could never adjust so I just gave up on trying for score and would watch the background, which I also never do in rhythm games. freeing experience

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

"true final millenium tower" is a cool phrase

Yakuza games ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

can't wait to see what Kiwami 2 is like...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I lost to him the first time then I remembered you could block and then I won. So you must block more, my friend.

I will never block, dodge or use a potion and I WILL beat all 8 games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i also spent it on pocket racer parts, equipment, and gifts for the ladies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Majima everywhere is a cool concept but it kinda sucks lol. At least you get stronger every time i guess

Yup lol. Everyone has the same complaint it seems, but eventually when you learn all the fights he's just a fat xp balloon so w/e

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It’s cool when you’re still seeing new stuff and some of my favorite content in the game is from Majima Everywhere, but once the new encounters run out and he’s just jumping out at you out of nowhere with 8 health bars every 20 feet it becomes really tedious.

When I unlocked the point of no return and started running over to finish the game I ended up quitting and finishing the next day because his fully maxed-out version jumped out at me 3 times before I’d even made it halfway to the objective

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Majima beat you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

cried on stream because I thought i would just understand mahjong as I played it

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heehee posted:

lmfao god drat y3 is a ps2 rear end game

lol can't wait to play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

how on earth do i order food in a restaurant? every time i try, kiryu tells me that he is too full.

trying not to let this darts hustler get me down. i'm going to take his yen yet.

you can't eat at max health at the start, there's an upgrade that lets you eat as much food as you want though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

85 more, I'd say.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

yakuza 0 is so good i think it changed me

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lmao i just posted on facebook about having some mahjong troubles and my online shitposting friend from the early aughts responded. she has a Ph D from loving Oxford, has published a few books, is a tenured professor and has gotten doxxed more than once, so she got more cautious on social media and we haven't chatted much recently, but she was like "ahh, i'm suffering from similar difficulties. let's find a time to chat on Zoom?? i'm on GMT." yakuza reconnecting old friends ftw. thank you, sega.

Lol gently caress yeah. You both should get on MajSoul and start climbing the ladder to Grandmaster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finished up all the sidequests in Kiwami 1 except for the colosseum stuff to unlock the extra moves bc it wasn't that fun...on to Kiwami 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i uh... just unlocked the real estate :stare:

See you in 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kiwami 2 owns