Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tawal posted:

ah. thanks to the imp zone, I know this to be an example of Japanese HD Surrealism.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

John Romero posted:

i understand the point of not autosaving and that it is a gameplay feature people like and appreciate. i normally save every few hours.

however, it fuckin sucks when my launch ps4 overheats and i lose all of the progress i made with the karate dude in the beginning of the majima story in yak0. this has happened a few times now

if this game is the one that finally kills my ps4 when it survived control, rdr and avengers i swear to god

sony sent the update to kill your system and force you to buy a ps5

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive played too many rhythm games to be able to correctly play that disco game where youre not actually playing to the beat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

koi koi looks more complicated than it is for sure. the actual game is pretty straightforward and imo really fun

there are 12 suits of cards, one for each month. each suit has i think two low-value junk cards, one poetry ribbon card, one special card, and some suits have super special cards. both players are dealt a hand of cards and then a common tableau is dealt out in the middle. starting with the dealer each player alternates putting a card from their hand out. if the card matches the suit of a card in the tableau, you add both to your score pile, otherwise you tack it onto the tableau. then you deal a card from the top, if it matches something you score those two cards, otherwise it goes into the tableau. if you have a scoring set of cards in your score pile, you can either call koi or not. if you dont call koi, round ends and you score points for your score pile, opponent gets nothing. if you call koi the hype music comes in and you keep playing, which gives your opponent a chance to gently caress you by not calling koi, but lets you get more points and get a point multiplier by getting more hands.

common hands:
junk - get ten or more of the junk cards, worth one point for ten cards and ten more for each card past ten
poetry ribbons - get any five poetry ribbons, plus one point for each one past
variety - get any five special cards (ones with birds, deer, boar, etc. on it)

less common but higher scoring hands
three or four lights - get three or more of the super special cards (enormous bird, cherry blossom box, ibis, moon over the hills). if you get three and also the guy walking in the rain, it's rainy three lights and worth more points. get all four and the rain man and it's five lights and worth ten points.
cherry blossom viewing/moon viewing - the sake cup and either the cherry blossom box or the moon over the hills. this hand is easy to get and also worth a lot, so always try to snap up the sake cup (little red cup) whenever you can
boar, deer, butterfly - super uncommon unless someone's not paying attention. always try to get at least one of these three cards to stop your opponent from getting it
red/blue poetry ribbons - probably the easiest less common hand, get three ribbons of matching colors

i try to prioritize getting the sake cup first because the viewing hands are super strong, then the super special cards. after that i look at my hand and see if it's going to be easiest for me to get junk, poetry ribbons, or variety and go for that. if i've got 2+ red/blue ribbon cards or any two of the boar/deer/butterfly with matching cards in the tableau i try for that, otherwise i usually end up shooting for one of the three low-scoring hands. i usually call koi when i get a hand if i've got five or more cards left and don't if i have fewer, unless my opponent has a crazy multiplier going in which case i shut him down ASAP

im gonna need a 99 cent steam game with anime girls to get me to follow this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

yakuza 0 is so good i think it changed me

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

awesome

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont understand

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

every time you launch thps1+2 it turns off recording because theres real skateboarder footage in the intro movie, and then turns it back on when you get the main menu

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

My parents signed me up for soccer when I was four and I got in a huge screaming match with another kid who had the same name as me about which one was the real kid and who was the liar.

well?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

drat even miyamoto takes the controller from a loved one when they arent playing right

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cabaret club is 10000x better than real estate

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yes, i'm minmaxing stats, and i make it look good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kiryu thinking: (60 frames per second, huh? Not sure what that means but higher numbers are always better...)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

majima's story is the best part of 0 IMO but it's still kind of jarring to go straight from that to kiwami. like you can see why he is the way he is and why he really commits to things, but the obsession with kiryu specifically comes out of nowhere.

I'm interested to see what saejima is like, given that so far it's been all vague mentions as part of majima's story.

the epilogue of 0 where they realized they forgot to show him change and hes like "uhhhh also im gonna become the joker" ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

CEO of the Mikado Group
Dauragon C. Mikado

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

symbolic posted:

⚪️ I never cared about anime

⚪️ I am tired of anime at the moment

⚪️ I no longer care for anime

⚪️ I still like anime

⚪️ I love anime even more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

play chain of memories between 1 and 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mkvltra posted:

Question for Yakuza gamers- I finished 7 a couple weeks ago (first entry into the series), I'm a couple hours into Majima's storyline in 0. What should I know about character progression? Is there any way for me to severely, epically gently caress myself over? What did you guys wish you knew before yous tarted playing?

the character progression doesnt matter and is fueled by money, which youll eventually be swimming in

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

disgusting pc gamers ruin things yet again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

judgment 3 intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eklrb70uqbo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

wow, that sucks. i get voice actors feeling weird about mods that sort of use their voices but this idea that it's going to put them out of business or tarnish their image seems a bit extreme to me. hopefully this is just his way of asking for more money and sega can pay him.

no they seem to be complete idiots

https://twitter.com/M_lanceolatus/status/1414562143676997640

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1414535875661344773

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I hope God makes a new, hotter Hell just for the guy who decided that the Amon in Judgment should be able to steal your pause menu

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

one of the thugs in yakuza 5 says "yo, i'm gonna take your money" in english for some reason and i was so tired tonight that for a second i thought that my brain was automatically translating the japanese so well that i just heard it in english, despite never taking japanese in any capacity.

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Act 3 of MGS4 owns.

its so cool the map is like 4 times bigger than youll ever need

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

The bowling mini game is weird because the way to win it is slightly counter-intuitive but once you understand it, it's probably one of the easiest. You just have to know to aim slightly off-center and put a bit of spin on it, and then it's just a timed button press. I expect that pool is secretly the same way and I just can't get the hang of it.

i think youre describing how to play every bowling video game and also real bowling

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sonics pretty good you should check it out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I've beaten every yakuza released so far (except the one released today) but never fought Amon. If I wanted to do it once, which game is the easiest/shortest to do that. Could possibly be the new one...

i did it in K1 and it was no issue

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

me, very slowly moving the pieces to exactly where the game tells me to put them: that's right, bitch. i'm a 1st kyu genius. or 10th, whichever one is better.

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao