Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Donkringel posted:

The most important part of being a dominions veteran is having 5 people come at you with rusty knives on turn 8 in order to make sure you don't eat them first. It is the crown of coronation for all big leaguers.

What's funny about Dominions is I think this is metaphor but you could also have 5 people literally coming at you with rusty knives to make sure you don't eat them first, so I can't be sure.

Thanks for the mature reply to 11th hour criticism of a great LP, FI. Great to see you and Ramc becoming ambassadors for the game. Good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Donkringel posted:

Great LP, glad I was along for the ride.

Also about FI win status.

The most important part of being a dominions veteran is having 5 people come at you with rusty knives on turn 8 in order to make sure you don't eat them first. It is the crown of coronation for all big leaguers.

I had a guy break a NAP to shiv me once when I was playing a Pan game.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

I would also love to hear what this was.

I just wish games still went long enough to hit late-game BS, I've always wanted to see someone dicking around with Lords of Civilization or other similar poo poo.

Great LP anyway, will mirror the feedback that images could have been smaller, sometimes pages took forever to load.

Filth talked about it on discord:

quote:

lavazotz is
you're taking a d4 bless, order3/prod3/heat3/death3
dormant azi or the chaossnake or whatever
the d4 bless is:
undead command x4
turn1 you're recruiting a demonbred and t2 you're propheting him
your first research target is const4, for shrouds
all of this is for one purpose:
to let you weaponize misbred
you're recruiting a gigantic pile of them and you are immediately
immediately
killing someone
that demonbred prophet can lead a stealthy flying stack of up to 80 misbred
as soon as you get const4 you can make any demonbred a leader of that
that's the strat
in a nutshell
you're transitioning to infernal crossbreeding off the back of your first war
if this is vanilla you're empowering your pretender in blood for vampire summoning eventually
anyway there u go @Bussunda
the strategy hinges on: illwinter has not changed ea abysia since several dominions editions ago and basically you are perpetually resource-locked, as a nation
you spend most of the early game floating gigantic amounts of gold
in the lavazotz build that gold is getting poured into misbred
who only cost rec points and only like 5 resources each
the thing to remember about them is that: they're gonna die