Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What about Tua?

Didn’t play because he banged his thumb on a helmet in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1333203837838979072

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1333206430652923904

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This seemed like an exceptionally lovely week for the QB position

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i came into this game not expecting the bucs to win, so whatever. playoffs would be nice

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Glad we've got some last signs of life from Brady in a Brady/Mahomes duel before those fall by the wayside when Brady breaks down entirely

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Honest question: is there any doubt that Mahomes is MVP this season?

(Henry's second tho)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Brady now with 5 losses, he hasn't had six in a season since 09

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Brady now with 5 losses, he hasn't had six in a season since 09

They play the panthers once and falcons twice. 11-5 is a strong possibility

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

it's too bad that Russell Wilson came fully into his powers at the same time that Mahomes entered the NFL

Russ deserves to retire with an MVP, but probably will not, just due to timing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PupsOfWar posted:

it's too bad that Russell Wilson came fully into his powers at the same time that Mahomes entered the NFL

Russ deserves to retire with an MVP, but probably will not, just due to timing

At least he'll get votes this year, that's the most insane thing that hasn't happened.

But yeah, he just isn't keeping up enough to actually win it at this point, Mahomes is going to have to suck toward the end of the season even if Russ goes back to being awesome the rest of the way.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm pretty sure that having 30 TDs and 2 INTs helming a super bowl favorite team is probably enough by itself even without the constant highlights, at this point.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Every week in the Bucs game towards the end the color guy says "well it's still a work in progress, but they're gonna get things figured out!" And then the next week it's another bungled attempt lol.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russ is the new Brees

edit:

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1333206492543995904

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 30, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I feel like the answer to this is probably incredibly obvious but has there ever been a team with the two highest-yardage receivers in the same year?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

who the gently caress is terry mclaurin

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kidcoelacanth posted:

he plays for the Washington football team!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

I feel like the answer to this is probably incredibly obvious but has there ever been a team with the two highest-yardage receivers in the same year?

John Jefferson and Kellen Winslow in 1980

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Power of Pecota posted:

John Jefferson and Kellen Winslow in 1980

Put Coryell in the Hall of Fame, you loving bastards!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

I can't remember a receiver that young having a floor as high as him. A must start with or without TDs whoever is QB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm not sure but it should be mentioned:

Yet to play this week:
DK Metcalf - 862 yards
Davante Adams - 847 yards

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It's insane that Qadry Ismail actually outdid Tyreek Hill's single quarter performance back in 1999 against the Steelers. I remember when that happened. I didn't watch the game because I wasn't into the Ravens just yet. But I remember my dad going nuts. I was like "did the Ravens lose again??" and he's like "the score was the Steelers 24.......the Ravens 31 WE BEAT EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then told me all about how Qadry Ismail went crazy in the 3rd quarter.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

wilderthanmild posted:

So the Browns win again in ugly fashion and are now first the wildcard race in the AFC with 8-3. Besides managing to squeak out a win they got a lot of help from the Raiders and Colts losing. A potential Ravens loss on Tuesday would put them in a really good spot.(I think this is likely with the very strong Steelers team against the Ravens current covid woes)

Remaining games

@Titans
Ravens
@Giants
@Jets
Steelers

Titans are almost certainly going to beat the Browns.

Ravens are in a weird spot and haven't been looking nearly as good in the last few weeks. I'd still expect a loss, but a win is at least possible there.

Browns should beat the Giants and Jets on paper.

Steelers is the hardest to call. They might be resting starters with a secure hold on the first seed, maybe they'll be 15-0 and playing the starters and want the perfect regular season. It would be nice of them to have reason to rest the starters, so I guess I need to root for KC to lose one more game and the Steelers to lose one as well, as that's the most likely scenario for them to rest starters.

I'd say I see a 2-3 record in the remaining games with a loss to either the Giants or Jets being as likely as a win against the Ravens or the Steelers resting their starters.

I still think a Browns playoff game is happening.

These are pretty much my thoughts. I figure we could go 2-3 on paper but a win against the Ravens solidifies an appearance in the playoffs. The Steelers game does depend if they’re resting their starters but being the Browns I’m not sure we can take that lightly either.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Put Coryell in the Hall of Fame, you loving bastards!

This

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Congratulations on the Browns locking up not having a losing season.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

Congratulations on the Browns locking up not having a losing season.

Unironically, same

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kiimo posted:

I can't remember a receiver that young having a floor as high as him. A must start with or without TDs whoever is QB.

I haven't really seen him play but have him in fantasy. Is he basically the new Chris carter?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Honest question: is there any doubt that Mahomes is MVP this season?

(Henry's second tho)

is mahomes's season so far the best by a qb ever?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Still loling the NFL giving a middle finger to the Broncos lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mitch...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Derpies posted:

Watching Kendall was just depressing. Goddamn.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I haven't really seen him play but have him in fantasy. Is he basically the new Chris carter?

Off the top of my head he reminds me more of Marvin Harrison.

Kawalimus posted:

It's insane that Qadry Ismail actually outdid Tyreek Hill's single quarter performance back in 1999 against the Steelers. I remember when that happened. I didn't watch the game because I wasn't into the Ravens just yet. But I remember my dad going nuts. I was like "did the Ravens lose again??" and he's like "the score was the Steelers 24.......the Ravens 31 WE BEAT EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then told me all about how Qadry Ismail went crazy in the 3rd quarter.

I remember that game. Also I remember Warren Moon putting up 500 yards against the Chiefs in the dark years. There have been some gigantic performances against the Chiefs. Jerome Harrison rushed for 285 yards against us and I feel like there was some backup receiver like Victor Cruz who went off for 200+ against us.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Derpies posted:

Maybe they hate Elway too?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I was looking up some lists of the worst single game QB performances and it looks like Hinton is probably in the top ten at the very least. He was unambigiously better than this Ryan Leaf gem for instance.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199809200kan.htm

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Baker taunting a 1-9 team is on brand

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Chromatic posted:

Baker taunting a 1-9 team is on brand

Whoa, I didn't realize that was the Kansas team's exact record at the time.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mahomes apparently now has as many 400 passing yard games as every single other Chiefs QB combined, ever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

picture of a tuna tagging a viola, with spray paint

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1333154781385400320

The 4-7 Giants are currently set to host the 7-4 Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyway, here's a good example of announcers really adding to a play: