Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
SLAMS DESK

"Alright, I'm going to make this quick," the imposing figure begins, "because I ain't gonna be late for my smoke break." The tall figure is wearing a dirty, purple suit and heavy sunglasses. "I am Ringleader. My quirk is Fright. If you look in my eyes, you want to poo poo your pants. Keep that in mind. I run my own hero company in Kabukicho, don't cha know? We work closely with what's left of the Yakuza, keeping them in line. So, don't think I'm here for any of the tough guy acts, you hear."

The man takes a moment to shuffle his papers. He seems intent on something written on them. "We got less people than usual this year. I guess the better schools lowered their standards. What's that say about you, eh?" The man laughs. "Relax, punks. I'm kidding."

The man writes the schools name on the blackboard: "Hero Essentials."

"We both know the score, man. This school, it ain't U-A. We ain't Shiketsu. Man, we don't even got a proper name. We're Hero Essentials, the last place for would-be heroes that no one else will give a chance." The man turns to the class. "I'm your homeroom teacher and, for the next four years, we will prepare you for your hero license exam." The man looks to the window. "I ain't going to lie that we got a good percentage of passing students, but I ain't like some of the other teachers here." The man points at the class. "Y'all want to be heroes, right? Well, sometimes this is what it means. You got to deal with poo poo. We ain't All-Might. All-Might runs the talk show circuit, good for him. Some of us deal with the poo poo jobs. Organized crime, human trafficking, drug runners, you name it." The man slams the table. "You can't trust to police to handle that poo poo. I ain't got any trust in them. Not one of those clean heroes who plays by their rules."

The man breathes.

"The point is that society gave up on you kids. It sucks. It ain't right. But, I ain't giving up on you, you hear. All of you are going to pass, that's a promise I make every year and I drat well plan to make good on it, don't cha know?"

---

This is a My Hero Academia Play-By-Post Cortex Prime game using the following rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgSeTtrnigk4w_GFldYGjA7TpakiTOb5fHLTP2usikw/edit?usp=sharing

The premise is that you are students of "Hero Essentials," a failing school who will take any student. You are the heroes that couldn't make it to the better High Schools in Japan. You had to settle for this one. That doesn't mean it has to be bad, however. You got Ringleader, the best homeroom teacher in the school. You got tenacity, as most others would have just went for an easier major. You got a shot, is what I'm saying. What are you going to do with it?

What do I need from you?
  • One Character Sheet
  • One to two paragraph biography
  • Answer to this question: what are you looking forward to do in the game?

Recruitment ends on December 4th, one week from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Recruitment ends tonight

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, everyone kind of gets in by default. I'm gonna let Citizen Keen still apply because he contacted me on Discord a week ago to apply and it slipped his mind. I reminded him last night and today and he said his app would be up later today.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Alright, sorry about the endless delays. Work got a little intense. It's a long story, but basically someone in one of our offices just ran off and our office had to take up the slack. We are finally back in control of that situation. And I'm about to start by last vacation of the year.

So, the game is up at this address: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952067

Sorry about the real life bullshit.