Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

In, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrChips posted:

Cadillac Type 53 - 2
KozmoNaut
Slung Blade

My man :respek:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The 165 is pretty, but I still prefer the 175S. It's so vulgar, like something a cartoon character would drive.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 23, 2020

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

sharkytm posted:

I do love me some Finnegan, though.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I bailed on AvE when he started spiraling into anti-mask fuckhead territory.

Anti-mask idiocy is why I bailed on both Finnegan and AvE.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrChips posted:

OVER 9000! - 9

:discourse:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

LloydDobler posted:

In my mind this was Bad Habit by the Offspring.

Nope.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Finger Prince posted:

Does a new Cadillac or S-class adjust the spring rate/damping of the rear suspension based on what the front suspension just hit?

The Citroën C6 and the fanciest versions of the C5 did exactly that.

I would be shocked if current luxury cars with active suspension aren't doing it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Charles posted:

The Bose Active Suspension (weird, it autocapitalized that) used sensors (sonar I think) to read the road ahead and predict motion, rather than just react. I don't know if that's what the people answering were thinking of.

Well, that was the idea. The reality is that it was all pre-programmed for each specific test. The bump config couldn't do flat corners and so on. The whole sonar/sensor thing was the proposed way it would work, in the finished system that never came to fruition.

Like anything else hyped by Bose, it was a fancy rigged tech demo that only worked under specific conditions. In addition, the power usage for the actuators was enormous, and the gear was heavy and took up a lot of space in the car. As so often happens, internet hype has made it into something it never was, and I'm not really sure it would ever actually be viable in the real world.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrChips posted:

Duesenberg Model J - 4
mrtrunks84
KozmoNaut
A Small Car
InitialDave

For clarity, I put in the Duesenberg SSJ. Even the standard J had 265hp, but the SSJ had 400hp, in the mid-1930s.

The fact that only two were made and were owned by Gary Cooper and Clark Gable, who would race each other in them in the canyons, also cements it as a true supercar. Crazy powerful and completely out of reach.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, I guess I really sheeped the one hit wonder question.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well you have to be comfortable while waiting for a tow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bolind posted:

This is a pretty solid answer.

Corley's limo in particular is just perfect.

It's almost 2021, where is my drat hovercar?

Snow runner was also a pro answer, I'm playing through Mudrunner at the moment, trying to beat every map with the lowest-point trucks.

Trying to navigate muddy roads and ford rivers in an rear end-old Soviet farm truck on road tires, while fully loaded and dragging a huge trailer requires dedication and a gentle throttle foot. And a bit of winching, of course.