Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah I am in!
Some great questions this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

shy boy from chess club posted:

Oldsmobile had it first in 1952

Yep! Mid 50s cads had em too. Mom's 70' coupe deville and her 88' towncar also had auto dimming.

It's still a piece of tech that never saw the light of day.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 28, 2020

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

The stupid thing about "raining" is that on any remotely modern car with a CAN (whether actual CAN or one of the early Jeep systems like PCI), there's no reason the car shouldn't be smart enough to say "oh, wipers are on? headlights go on too". My '03 Grand Cherokee had this as something you could configure using the multifunction display.

It was something I wanted to scream at Musk on twitter about because for a loving stupid rear end tech company Tesla should have this key functionality.
If wipers are on, then all exterior lamps are on. It's like 3 lines of loving code. FFS. On an old junker with relay operated everything all you'd need is a single diode, maybe two.

sharkytm posted:

The GM auto headlights are so simple, but work reliably. I can't understand why they're not stages on everything.

Same with the Volt. Yet, I see everything from basic bitch shitboxes to six figure luxury appendage extensions running on DRLs at night.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

MrChips posted:

nreliability - Cursedshitbox

*unreliability lol. Expensive coveted poo poo coming apart is awesome.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

Not on the same scale, but I passed on a 1972 911 Soft Window Targa for $3200 in the early 1990s. If I could go back in time...

78' 911 for $2500 in 2008/9. That one still frustrates me. But I was working for a (closeted)homophobic jerk that wasn't paying me while also skimming off employee taxes from the fed.