Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I got caught in a vinwiki algorithm hole for a bit because i watched a few of their cannonball story vids. The cannonball stuff was fine but the rest just reeked of stdh.txt

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

Y'all are so wrong on the manual transmission. It might not be a Yaris, but it'll be some small econo hatch made by a company with a warehouse full of econo manual transmission parts like Toyota.

This was my thinking behind the Camry, but in reality it'll be something like a Nissan Tiida for the mexican market

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

MrChips posted:

automatic Headlights - Cursedshitbox

My dad's XC60 has auto-dimming high beams and I'm torn between genius idea or just infuriating.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

InitialDave posted:

"Auto headlights" in general are... OK. But I always find they don't want to come on as early as I'd put headlights on, and some aren't adjustable.

I’ve never driven my dads XC60 at night but when we rode in it at night I could appreciate both sides of it. It’s great that it automatically notices a car traveling the other direction and switches from high beams to dipped beams. He used to commute 80km one way to the Volvo plant and usually in the dark so I can see how it’s useful. But the fucker would always dip just a few seconds too late from when I would normally do it and turn back on just a little too late as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Steely Dad posted:

gently caress now I want a remake of Bullitt with a Miata instead of a Mustang

e: just imagine the boomer tears holy poo poo

A Japanese remake where it’s set in Tokyo instead of SF and Toshiro Mifune instead of Steve McQueen