Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I predict the forest temple is gonna be 4+ episodes to get everything. :allears:

Also, I honestly enjoyed Grunty's Revenge. Though, I did get it from a friend for a very favorable trade, so I didn't spend '30 quid' for it or any such. That might be coloring my interpretation.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
You know, when you really think about it, Banjo and Kazooie have technically only returned to Nintendo's handheld consoles since the buyout.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I admit I love the RAT A TAT RAP NOT HERE puzzle. :allears:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

I admit I love the RAT A TAT RAP NOT HERE puzzle. :allears:

It's great, but it really confused me for a while. The message in the well is pretty swell too.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tip: 'Take a Look Behind' refers to first-person mode.

Seriously, I love how puzzly this has been so far, though. :allears: Nice job on getting all 100 Notes!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It really doesn't matter that the game compacts some of the other maps if the temples are going to be 4-5 episodes long :stare:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Natural 20's allergy to the C-up button unsurprisingly makes the dungeon all about using it harder.

The puzzle's pretty clever and I wish I had a deck of Zelda cards like this.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Competition!

So we've got a competition for everyone!

Just for fun, if you've not played past this point in the mod, put down the solution you think is correct for the puzzle we couldn't solve.

I'll experiment with all of the suggested ideas and we'll give a shoutout to the first person who solves the puzzle in a future episode.

This is on an honour system so please please don't answer if you already know the solution!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 19, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I absolutely love the puzzle you couldn't solve and I wouldn't give you the solution for the world. :allears:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Is it attacking the painting? "not" is crossed out on the painting, not the wall, so the painting says "here".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dzhay posted:

Is it attacking the painting? "not" is crossed out on the painting, not the wall, so the painting says "here".

This is my guess, too.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
If it's not that, maybe try doing it on the other side of the wall, where the invisible vines are.

Edit: immediately after posting this I continued the video and you tried it. So that's me out of other ideas.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Natural 20 posted:

Competition!

So we've got a competition for everyone!

Just for fun, if you've not played past this point in the mod, put down the solution you think is correct for the puzzle we couldn't solve.

I'll experiment with all of the suggested ideas and we'll give a shoutout to the first person who solves the puzzle in a future episode.

This is on an honour system so please please don't answer if you already know the solution!

It's almost certainly Rat A Tat Rap the painting which says "Rat A Tat Rap Not Here"

Simultaneously so simple and so, so cheeky.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Brutal Garcon posted:

That's an excellent guess and if that's it, that's really clever.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm now imagining both of you in a padded cell with the words "Ratatap rap not here" scratched into the walls.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brutal Garcon posted:

My thought too

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's almost certainly attacking the painting. I can't think of anything else that isn't just arbitrary nonsense.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

White Coke posted:

It's almost certainly attacking the painting. I can't think of anything else that isn't just arbitrary nonsense.

Has to be. Because the wall says "Rat A Tat Rap Not Here" and the painting says "Rat A Tat Rap Here"

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I like how I'm still instinctively watching out for Wallmasters in those corner rooms, even though I'm not playing and it's not even a game that has them.

Quackles posted:

I absolutely love the puzzle you couldn't solve and I wouldn't give you the solution for the world. :allears:
It's been a while since I've seen it, but if it's what I think I remember it being, I agree.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

sebzilla posted:

Has to be. Because the wall says "Rat A Tat Rap Not Here" and the painting says "Rat A Tat Rap Here"

Exactly, it's the only solution I can think of that's fair. I think the reason why Tea and 20 didn't figure it out is because of the picture showing the hidden jump pad. That made them fixate on what was being depicted, and not the image itself, a sort of Ceci n'est pas une pipe problem.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Tea's endless bewildered reciting of "rat-a-tat rap NOT HERE?" might be my favorite thing you guys have ever recorded :allears:

Brutal Garcon posted:

This makes a whole lot of sense, but I'll admit I didn't think of it myself and maybe never would have.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
There were Dinosaur Planet posters down on the ground floor of the lab, too! Probably concept art or something.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The best British accent is West Country and I will fight you on this. :colbert: The entire business of dropping your R's was a fashion made up by snooty 18th-century Londoners to disassociate themselves from the poors.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Niiice!

I'm going to put a pin in that underwater chest by the pillars, just in case you forget it.

Also, your N64 games cost £70 then? Good grief.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hell, most fighting/sports games on the SNES cost 70 bucks in the US, and that was in the early 90s. Most SNES games were around 60 though, I remember saving up 60 bucks of my own money to buy Mega Man X2.

I recognized the Twilight Princess Hyrule Field track in the fishing pond, but I would never have remembered the TP Lake Hylia music. Even after knowing what it is I can't remember it. I also barely remember any enemy names from Banjo Kazooie. I know they're in the credits but I don't think I ever paid any attention to them. The only ones I know of are Snacker, and Grublin Hood because that was a silly name.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I have zero memory of fishing in Twilight Princess. I must have either missed it entirely or just skipped it.

Also the little bit of log sticking out of the fishing pond was supposed to be a clue about getting the Jiggy there. IIRC that was the best spot for catching the largest fish in the pond in OoT.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That climb to the Dark Link room is such a pain. I never found another way to get up there other than try a dozen times with the talon trot.

I'm honestly surprised you managed to not break the heart while still getting the Jiggy from it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Geemer posted:

That climb to the Dark Link room is such a pain. I never found another way to get up there other than try a dozen times with the talon trot.

Same. Note that the waterfall pit is not a warp pit. If you fall in there, you lose all your notes and have to start the level over!

Sadly, as far as I know there's no alternate route to the other side.

PS: Don't forget the Mumbo Token on the flagpole!

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I'm not ashamed to say I looked up the intended solution for the slope room when I played this. It involves knowing about a weird quirk of steep surfaces where starting a backflip quickly after landing lets you jump off without sliding, which lets you get a bit more height than Talon Trot jumping and barely reach the ledges. Very well telegraphed, thanks Kurko

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Procrastine posted:

I'm not ashamed to say I looked up the intended solution for the slope room when I played this. It involves knowing about a weird quirk of steep surfaces where starting a backflip quickly after landing lets you jump off without sliding, which lets you get a bit more height than Talon Trot jumping and barely reach the ledges. Very well telegraphed, thanks Kurko

I'm sorry, what? I had no idea.

I'm calling that bad design.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

Note that the waterfall pit is not a warp pit. If you fall in there, you lose all your notes and have to start the level over!

Procrastine posted:

:wow: That's bullshit!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

NGDBSS posted:

The best British accent is West Country and I will fight you on this. :colbert: The entire business of dropping your R's was a fashion made up by snooty 18th-century Londoners to disassociate themselves from the poors.

It's one of the great ironies that at the time of the American Revolutionary War most English people probably would've sounded more like modern Americans than modern Englishmen.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Competition 2 - Electric Waterloo

So competition time again! We couldn't find our way to the final jiggy in the water temple.

If you haven't played the game before and think you have a solution then please write it down here and if you guess correctly first you'll get a shoutout when we go back to get the jiggy!

Thanks and good luck!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I have no idea how to get the last Jiggy.

You were talking about what to play next in the previous video, and if you're open to suggestions I'd recommend Shadow Complex if you want to play another Metroidvania. I just played through it recently and enjoyed it a lot. I haven't played many Metroidvanias so I don't have a strong frame of reference there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Someone mentions the 'intended' way to get it upthread, which I think isn't worth your time. I got it with a pair of frame-perfect Talon Trot jumps. Save states were involved.