Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm absolutely delighted by the OoT music re-done using the Banjo-Kazooie soundfont or whatever. Definitely going to be watching this one.

Do the different save slots in the start menu have different musical tracks like they do in original BK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This hack rules so far but yeah I do not miss the original Note collection rules at all. IMO that was one of the best changes going from the first game to the second one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Quackles posted:

I though the original note collection rules were because they didn't have SRAM space to store them. So they were papering over that fact.

You'll note that in Tooie, notes are almost always found in nests (groups of 5).

I could believe that, did Tooie require the N64 expansion pack? I know DK64 did and had its own version of note pickups in the bananas (which also remembered when they were picked up)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

This hack :allears:

For the castle gate in Ocarina, I think you had to talk to the guard, then fail sneaking outside of the castle, then talk to the guard again to get the chance to bribe him.

Also there was a window on top of the Bombchu Bowling Alley that looked super-breakable when you passed by it, maybe that's how you get the Honeycomb piece?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It looked like there was something shiny is that little drainage area in the NW corner of Hyrule Field. There's nothing there in the original OoT so I understand not thinking to check it out :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think I saw a climbable surface on the side of the windmill? The side where the two enemies are hanging out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
God the ending of that video was satisfying :allears: I'm a little surprised that there are no more new moves in the game though. Obviously I'm not expecting them to code in new animations but I would have thought that there would be more songs to use. We'll see how the Sun's Song works in practice!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Please tell me that you stop jumping into lava pits after this episode. Next time you want to see if something is a bottomless put, maybe try dumping an egg into it?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Natural 20 posted:

You know the answer to this question.

gently caress

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Twelve by Pies posted:

Seriously what is the obsession mod creators have with down to the nanosecond timing and unnecessarily precision platforming?

I was asking this same question in FPZero's Master of Time (OoT romhack) thread. So many gaps that are exactly as long as your jump/Hookshot range. Maybe it's refreshing if you've spent decades playing the game but to an outside observer it just looks annoying to be forced into such precision all the time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh this is going to be a trip isn't it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I have zero memory of fishing in Twilight Princess. I must have either missed it entirely or just skipped it.

Also the little bit of log sticking out of the fishing pond was supposed to be a clue about getting the Jiggy there. IIRC that was the best spot for catching the largest fish in the pond in OoT.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I wish I was as confident with anything as Nat is with his shot placement. Am I lined up properly? gently caress if I know, but I'm just going to dump three eggs as if I'm right on the money.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Also I just remembered that I have seen the Gulf War Game Boy with my own eyes and it does indeed still work somehow. It's at the Nintendo Store in New York City, I was there a few years ago and I thought I took a picture but it's not on my phone.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Tea what was your Korean takeout order?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I gotta be honest, you guys should be a little more liberal with your backtracking cuts. Especially because the maps in this game are so big. But I guess we're done with backtracking now so I don't know why I waited this long to say it!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Cool LP! I think my favorite things were the places where this hack made its own new things rather than just remaking Ocarina of Time levels in the BK engine. Also hearing all of the Zelda music in a Grant Kirkhope style was a delight.

E: I also agree that the levels are too drat big, but I also think that was a problem with the original OoT which I thought felt really empty in spots. Also the precision platforming/requiring very exact knowledge of how the game works, but that's just about every romhack.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
YouTube recommended this video of the full JoT soundtrack, if anyone else is interested in browsing it-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_SSVTAj4xQ