Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

gary oldmans diary posted:

a couple years ago i examined the attendance policy and found that i could call in enough to only work 180 days a year... the attendance policy has since been changed

Dang, that beats the feds' policy on leave even after 15 years of service. No wonder they changed it at your place lol

Still really like having a clear and pretty generous leave policy (4 hours of sick and annual leave every 2 weeks for the first three years of fed service, no questions asked as long as you actually have the leave and aren't just burning it all as soon as you get it (okay, they would ask about long periods of sick leave, but not stuff that's one-off), can bank up to 240 hours or 30 days' worth which gets easier when your leave accrual goes up to 6 and then much later 8 hours every pay period). Also really like the job security even though it's because so much of the government, other people doing the same work, taxpayers, and preparers are all idiots...

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU