Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've walked along a canal to escape the crowds on a day out, and a policeman asked me if I'd seen a cow swimming up and down the canal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"No. But I've seen a big PIG recently!" I say smugly as bullets riddle my body.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Did you guys chill for a minute, or was it just like a quick thing like maybe the squirrel thought it was his car by mistake?

He was surprisingly bold but when I went to take a pic he ran off

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Armitag3 posted:

I just watched Legend of the Drunken Master. It was extremely good. What is your favorite Jackie Chan movie?

My favorite Jackie Chan movie is the one I turn off to go watch some vastly superior Donny Yen flicks.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

My favorite Jackie Chan movie is the one I turn off to go watch some vastly superior Donny Yen flicks.

I think overall, yeah, yen's films are better but they're also like a "newer" generation of martial arts films. Jet Li and Jackie Chan were the big names back in the day.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think overall, yeah, yen's films are better but they're also like a "newer" generation of martial arts films. Jet Li and Jackie Chan were the big names back in the day.

Newer? He's been making movies in Hong Kong for seriously decades and decades.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

He was surprisingly bold but when I went to take a pic he ran off

Squirrels believe the camera steals their nuts

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

Newer? He's been making movies in Hong Kong for seriously decades and decades.

Whoops, I didn't really phrase that right. Yes, hes been in lots of stuff but his popularity didn't really take off until after jet li and chan kinda started to fade a bit. I could be misremembering though. I don't really remember seeing him in lots of leading roles in big name movie releases back then. It was all stuff like Fist of Legend, wong fei hong, and chow yun fat movies (God of gambling!). I guess he did Iron Monkey? I know I've seen those but I remember nothing about them

Side note: if you wanna watch something ridiculous, watch the Happy Ghost films

2nd side note: watch the Young and Dangerous movies for TRIAD drama. Watch this dude sell this poo poo outta getting hit by a plastic chair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlbykcK5SK4&t=1228s

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 12, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Big Beef City posted:

I gotta be honest, between this weird vibe, the two gay lovers who pretended not to know each other, the threatening, lame cop, missing your ex, the bum shrooms, this party sounds like total sucks'l'vania.

Yep I would have been so paranoid if on shrooms or weed I would have wanted to leave

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Hah, it was fine. Not the best or the worst, but definitely really nice to be at a moderately sized gathering of fully vaccinated people experiencing some level of normalcy.

Also, I'd met that cop before and his whole job is going after fish poachers, so I wasn't really that intimidated by his weirdness.

I questioned him about fish poaching and goddamn, it made me want to poach some fish. Apparently a single sturgeon can go for like $100,000+ and it sounds like the odds of getting caught are low.

I'm not gonna turn to a life of crime, but if I ever need to that seems like the way to go.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

me, breaking into a nervous sweat as I suddenly remember all the posts I’ve made where I taunt the fish cops as I brag about my prolific fish poaching

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Some of the local fish and game cops are some of the gooniest weirdos I've ever met.

I had one FaG come along side my boat just as I hit my limit for the morning and was ready to go back to the marina. It was raining but the fishing was good and I slayed them.

This dude spends a half hour checking my fishing license, catch and live well, where everything was perfectly legit. He then proceeds to lecture me on how to tell the difference between kokanee and juvenile rainbows, even though he just confirmed my catch was fine. I've been fishing the lake for over 20 years and know the difference. I actually corrected him on a distinguishing shape of the dorsal fins of the two fish cause he had it exactly backwards and was wrong. He then tells me about the horsepower of his boat's motor and how it is more powerful than mine. I had not asked. He tells me the caliber of the gun on his hip, again completely unprompted.

I'm thinking the whole time, "you have the best job in the world; boat the lake, check fishing licenses and catches, a total of 5 minutes per stop, and I'm sitting here for a half hour tied up to you listening to you brag about the size of your stupid gun." Oh and it is still raining and downpouring. I had my rain gear on but he was getting absolutely soaked hopping from his boat to mine and back. I could see his rain gear in the cabin of his boat on a peg, but instead of using it this guy decided to get drenched head to toe for a half hour rather than putting on a raincoat.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

And while he was wasting his time with you I was at the other end of the lake, poaching the gently caress out of some trout.

Thick headed dipshits like that are one of the big reasons the fish cops will never catch me.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I go away for the weekend and you assholes let this slip to page 3. We're never gonna get to 1000 with that attitude.

Fuckin' shameful.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I go away for the weekend and you assholes let this slip to page 3. We're never gonna get to 1000 with that attitude.

Fuckin' shameful.

We took heavy casualties in the mod war against gimmick posters.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm afraid you can no longer take the weekend off

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hey thread

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Just gonna slap down a few quick posteroonies

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Actually now I think of it I haven't got much to say, sorry. I'll be back if I think of something though.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sebmojo posted:

posteroonies

Powerful.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oh I know what I was going to post, it's this video, it's sort of a star citizen thing but it's funny even if you don't care about that stuff imo

https://streamable.com/e/4nw5gt

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

sebmojo posted:

Oh I know what I was going to post, it's this video, it's sort of a star citizen thing but it's funny even if you don't care about that stuff imo

https://streamable.com/e/4nw5gt

It's pretty cool, I was curious what the source is (since clearly no one is putting that much money/time into a video mocking star citizen) and it turns out it's a Verizon ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAGNisWvFc

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I can't believe Star Citizen is still a thing, I just checked and after 9 years it's still in alpha and it's raised $350 million

loving insane

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tip posted:

It's pretty cool, I was curious what the source is (since clearly no one is putting that much money/time into a video mocking star citizen) and it turns out it's a Verizon ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAGNisWvFc

oh thanks, I was wondering the same thing! It's eerie how similar it is to the experience of playing the game, just a tottering pile of barely functioning tech.

I did a video of my experiences playing the free fly thing, trying to be super positive about the whole experience and man it utterly broke me lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCEhcCibH8A

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

wow, it's worse than I imagined

I like the features such as "wait for an elevator in real time with no indicators as to when it will arrive" and "NPCs can use stairs as escalators"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I also appreciated the constant barrage of seemingly meaningless context-free information popping up on the bottom of the screen

as a UI/UX professional I can assure they're doing everything right

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tip posted:

wow, it's worse than I imagined

I like the features such as "wait for an elevator in real time with no indicators as to when it will arrive" and "NPCs can use stairs as escalators"

also you can't use the elevator to go to the lobby (which is the only meaningful place to go) without using the scroll wheel to choose a floor. there is no (zero) interface hint about this.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

also also, if you long press (rather than tap) the 'get out of pilot seat button', it triggers your ejector seat, slams you into the roof of the hangar and breaks every bone in your body as well as rendering the spaceship useless.

there's no confirmation dialogue for this, it just does it like an eager puppy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pretty sure the thread motto is :justpost: so it’s all good, just whatever you feel.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tried the Wendy’s Spicy Chicken flavored Pringles today. They kinda just taste like “spicy fried” but they go good with beer.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Tried the Wendy’s Spicy Chicken flavored Pringles today. They kinda just taste like “spicy fried” but they go good with beer.

people said the baconator ones were god awful. i might actually try the spicy chicken ones though. i love chicken flavored... things

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Wendy’s Spicy Chicken flavored Pringles

I thought you were having a stroke until aardvark showed up to act like this is a normal string of words

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

sebmojo posted:

also also, if you long press (rather than tap) the 'get out of pilot seat button', it triggers your ejector seat, slams you into the roof of the hangar and breaks every bone in your body as well as rendering the spaceship useless.

there's no confirmation dialogue for this, it just does it like an eager puppy.

I hope it also works this way on the ships that cost 10,000 real dollars

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I followed the Star Citizen thread for years but it just never ended and I drifted away

it seems that absolutely nothing has changed

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if someone gave me 350 million dollars and 9 years i would be dead from a cocaine overdose but in theory i'd also have been able to produce a better game than that by now

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Aardvark! posted:

if someone gave me 350 million dollars and 9 years i would be dead from a cocaine overdose but in theory i'd also have been able to produce a better game than that by now

if you check the other vids on that channel you will see i spent like three hours of my life trying to find anything entertaining to do in it and failed utterly.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aardvark! posted:

I feel like it would be hard NOT to on that much coke

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tip posted:

I hope it also works this way on the ships that cost 10,000 real dollars

I'm 1000% sure it does

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

people said the baconator ones were god awful. i might actually try the spicy chicken ones though. i love chicken flavored... things

Yeah, the first bite is kind of disappointing because you’re expecting it to taste like a sandwich which it really doesn’t, but after a few more they’re just solid chips. B+ would eat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm a goddamn genius, just got my real time rhyme detection working in my game

I can throw any two sets of english words at this and it will tell me if they rhyme and how well, and it handles all kinds of hosed up near rhymes :boom::dance::slick: