Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My contribution to this thread is as follows:

We placed a grocery order for pickup today (corona and all). I asked Mrs. Beef to add to the list, a pork tenderloin since A.) it's on sale and B.) I like making pork tenderloins. Exciting. I know.
She goes out just now and gets to the store and I get a text from her of a screen shot of a notification she received from the store.
"Notification: We are out of the following item(s): Pork Tenderloin"
Alright, first off, this is a LARGE grocery store and chain, it's not national, but it's multi-state and regional and the stores themselves are LARGE and well stocked. How they could be out of something like a normal pork tenderloin when they have their own meat and butcher dept in store is, well, whatever. Here's the kicker.
"We have substituted the following item: Mario Batali Original Marinara Sauce"

...what?

Why the gently caress, if you didn't have a pork tenderloin, would you think, "you know what he probably wants instead? Spaghoot. Yes. That will do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Meme Poker Party posted:

We spent all yesterday windows closed and had our central heating running this morning. We only found out like 40 min ago.

I am probably extremely owned lmao

this what u get for sexxin on titty snakes!! ITS AGAINST GODS OWN NATURE when you should be lovin on squatches like Jesus wants!!!

no but seriously please don't die or have people near to you die

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think I'm gonna go bowling tomorrow.

Solo bowlo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I made some coffee this morning and it's really fuckin' good.
Like, you know how some days it just turns out better than others because of the weather or something? Today the coffee gods smiled upon me. Some good drat coffee.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish the window.................had KILLED U

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ok that's not true but I did make chicken and mushroom alfredo last night and made the chicken in advance in my sous vide cooker and it was slightly over done. The rest of it was excellent however.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I had to take my oldest dog to the vet today turns out he's got a UTI and one of his ears is infected too poor ol' bastard but that's ok I was worried he was going into, like, kidney explosion or something so that's alright. He's fine.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ars Technica has a review up for a Light Gun that works on modern TV's so you can play Duck Hunt (again).

It's One hundred and ten fuckin dollars, USD. lmao. More than a hundred loving bucks so you can play goddamn duck hunt. People are idiots.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I just want want to be clear, here. Nintendo is marketeding their light gun for $100 simply to sell duck hunt again.
At retail.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My uncle owns nintendo and built the new lightgun himself and also his name is Mario and he looks like Mario and he has a lot of sex and holds the record for the most high scores on every video game.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Steamed weiner.
Floppy weiner.
Shamed weiner.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How do you gently caress up cooking a hot dog?

Like how did you need to practice that skill to stop loving it up?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wait hold on a second...

what the hell is this?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what in the ever dickin christ is happening I'm terrified where is Jeffrey I demand answers

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I demand justice for this violent crime

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tell me why I should watch that show but don't use any descriptive words

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well gently caress

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't know where else to vent about this, so here will have to do.

I bought a pair of used headphones on Amazon a while back.
What got sent to me was the BOX for what I ordered and a pair of like, $30 dollar knock off things (what I ordered was like $125).

So, using Amazon I sent a message stating that what I got wasn't what I ordered and that I'd return them for the right item.

Ok cool. So, they sent me another pair of the right kind and I printed off a return slip and took it to a kohls store, who do their returns for them, and got confirmation that all is good.

... Now Amazon is sending me automated emails that they're expecting the original item to be returned to them.
...I can't do that. I never GOT the original item, that was the problem.
Also Amazon's emails specifically state 'this is automated don't respond to this' and offer no alternative contact info.

So that's cool.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've seen bears a few times but only for a moment or two before they haul rear end.
I know normally you can handle them and they don't bother people unless there's 'stuff' involved but still, seeing a big predator animal while you're just walking or biking is unnerving a little.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bought a water softener.
The water softener did not fit my existing connections. I knew this but thought "I will figure this out and do some work". I learned after some time and effort, do not do this.
I found a handy man/general contractor to come out and look at it. He and I both discussed options. He could not do it.
Today a plumber has come.
Looked at it for less than 30 seconds and said "No problem." This is why just having a licensed professional is best. I am dumb. Don't be dumb like me.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Radishes own.
I grow them myself and love to just eat them fresh from the garden. Just pull 'em up, clean them off, and put a little salt on them and boy howdy you got yourself a snack!!
Don't hate on radishes in my presence please.

every year I try to do a different variety to really 'spice things up'. I like having interesting things you don't find at the store, so I've had some pretty kicking rad results from my radish crops

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 18, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

we all have different pleasures in life, friend

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I didn't think we could do it folks, I really didn't

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lately I've been digging through some old Sublime poo poo, just cuz I like their 'not mtv stuff' and hit this and it really sparked some old time poo poo, plus how they could groove a little. Everyone shits on 'em because, yeah. But, oh well here's how we get to 1000.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Postin' 4 Pussy in da 1000 page thread

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Tiger accident was a single car rollover.
... This isn't even the first time he's flipped a car over and hurt himself.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I made some rice noodles and used pad thai sauce from a bottle (I just wanted to be a cheap bitch, sue me) but I also added fish sauce and like, I over did it on the fish sauce and now about 2 of the 3 levels of my house stink like fish sauce.
Pasta was ok tho.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Meme Poker Party posted:

I have never actually hosed up my computer by working on it, but I've deathly afraid I'm going to every time.

I actually worked as a real life computer toucher (as in for a large company, on an industrial bench type style not just "Oh excel crashed?" type touchin') ...it's actually loving HARD to seriously dick your computer. Like, I know there's all the caveats that go with saying something like that, but really you'd be surprised how tough it is to actually gently caress poo poo up just by cracking it open and working the guts around a little.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

My ancient Apple laptop (11 years) is possibly reaching the end of its life

It's blipping and blooping and occasionally freezing for 20 seconds, but useable for the most part still. Internet says its the logicboard

When I start getting money again (yay covid) I'm thinking of investing in a decent gaming laptop. Heard good things about MSI

Any thoughts?

Like, it super depends on your price bracket and what model you're looking at.
Honestly what you need to do is set a price point, and then start doing searches for 'X component' in that bracket and see what's up. There are MSI boards that are really good, and there are some that are crappy. But, they also have a $500 price spectrum and which are where on that spectrum don't match what you might think.

It's a bugger.

The same goes for all your components. Give yourself a budget, stick to it, and prioritize on what you want. Make sure all the parts click together and she'll be good to go.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 26, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

However, what that one dude posted about 're-applying thermal paste'?

...I wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft pole. Don't unseat thermal coupling stuff, even if you think it's hosed. If it's hosed, it's hosed. If it's not, you're going to gently caress it. Don't touch that.
Which kinda goes against my previous "Oh it's hard to mess poo poo up" post, but, really, you can literally bend the motherboard to cram RAM into or out of a slot or do whatever, all of that stuff is cool. Don't gently caress with thermal stuff on your proc. I guess that's the 'caveat' part of my previous post. I do know why that stuff is so weird, but it's dumb as poo poo nerd stuff.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 26, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I wish a witch would suck all the cum out of me

One thing I DON'T like is when David Spade keeps breaking into my house and doing this to me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hope the d makes a loop like a matchbox car track

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've changed my mind.

I no longer want a dicking on page 50 and I want this thread to stall on page 999.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm like THIS close to scoring falafel and the chicago dog talked about in the 'worst dogs/burgs' thread but the wife is so not gung ho on gyros and poo poo like that in general I'm praying my good deeds will pay off

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've been thwarted

She wants Culvers.
Wretched woman.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If I wanted to play Napoleon Total War with other goons, but, like, just do naval battles and I'm terrible as poo poo at them since I've never really done it I just think it'd be fun, is there anywhere anyone can point me? Alternatively, does anyone OWN Napoleon Total war and want to fight solely naval battles and just be like "WTF is this poo poo?" with me?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

General Total War thread here but I dunno how much action Napoleon's getting these days.

I just thought it'd be fun to get like 4 goons involved in a multi-national fleet battle with lovely boats, it seems like something fun

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drowningidiot posted:

Not even 50 pages in a month. This is gonna take years.

Your mother said the same thing. And then poof, one day there was a random dick, and there you were

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

please stop whatever this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jar Jar sucks AND fucks and don't you EVER forget it you bastards