Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Name: Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar

Acceleration Die: d8
Deceleration Die: d6
Health Die: d4
Skill Die: d10

Current Speed: Precisely fast enough
Position: Assured

Cards:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar

Acceleration Die: d8
Deceleration Die: d6
Health Die: d4
Skill Die: d10

Current Speed: 7
Position: Assured

Cards:

Turn 1 Acceleration, 1d8: 1d8 7
Lepidoptera vs Lup Starblaster: 1d4 2
Missiles with double effect, so Lup Starblaster's HP die is decreased twice next turn.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Pilot/Captain: Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar
Starship: Ostentatious Splendor

Acceleration Die: 1d8
Deceleration Die: 1d6
Health Die: 1d4
Skill Die: 1d10

Current Speed: 7>???
Position: 7>???
"Dr. Ke'Nankel, was it? Very well, since the research base is close enough, then allow the glorious crew of the Ostentatious Splendor to safely deliver you to your destination. I'm sure you'll agree that this is a wonderful ship, clearly the pinnacle of elven engineering!"
With a wave of Sylvar's hand, a multitude of displays around the ship came to life, showing various angles of the Ostentatious Splendor in an overwhelming effort to impress his guest. "I assure you, Dr. KeNankel, you'll not find a grander ship in all of-"

"It looks like it's wearing a poop hat with flies buzzing around it."

Sylvar and the rest of the elven crew gasped at the doctor's blunt statement, but no matter how offensive a comparison she had made, they couldn't find a way to refute it. "You...you...! Fine then, I will show you the true beauty of this ship! All hands, prepare yourselves! Show our misguided guest just what the Ostentatious Splendor can do!"

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Current Speed: 10>???
Position: 17>???
All of the crew of the Ostentatious Splendor flailed about in a panic as the psychic viewports focused on the monstrous thing as it started gaining on them. All except for Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar, the proud captain of the vessel. He had already fainted by this point. Thankfully the Ostentatious Splendor had a defensive autopilot for if it ever lost connection with the captain's mind, focusing on evading the acidic gas and strengthening the psychic shields.

As the rest of the crew focused on waking Sylvar up, Elvis followed Dr. Ke'Nankel's suggestion and spaced the weird egg. The captain would probably have agreed with that course of action, anyways.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Current Speed: 11>???
Position: 28>???
Having finally been woken up, Sylvar wastes no time in psionically linking up with the Ostentatious Splendor's controls. "What even is this foul creature?! It's getting its filthy acid all over my ship! All hands, we are getting as far away from this rude beast as possible! Don't let the Ostentatious Splendor take even a scratch!"

"Also, what the hell is a Cobbold, and why are they targeting us?!"

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Current Speed: 19>???
Position: 46>???
"Listen up, crew! I, Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar, come from a very prestigious family, and I absolutely refuse to tarnish my family's legacy by allowing my ship, or anyone serving on board my ship, to come to harm." The other elves calmed down slightly, thinking perhaps their famed captain had a plan to avoid vaporization. They were confused when he took off his psionic control helmet and put it on Elvis's head. "Therefore, Elvis is now the captain of the Ostentatious Splendor. As such, any damage to this ship or to the crew shall affect his reputation, not mine. Well, have fun dealing with the Empire Dreadnaught!"

Before anyone could react, Sylvar quickly leaped into the sole escape pod of the Ostentatious Splendor and hit the eject button.

The crew stared blankly at the jettisoned escape pod, before turning to Elvis, hoping for any guidance. "Well...at least our clones won't remember just how much this sucks."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Pilot/Captain: Elvis, Overworked Elf

Current Speed: 10>???
Position: 56>???
The crew of the Ostentatious Splendor let out a collective sigh of relief as they realized Elvis not only guided them to safety, but he did so without letting the ship take even a scratch. Most would have considered that to be nothing short of a miracle, but a few of the crew were aware that Elvis had been forced to take on the roles of co-pilot, navigator, engineer, psionics regulator, and even lepidoptera handler by the previous captain, being the only other elf whose name Sylvar could remember. No one was as familiar with the Ostentatious Splendor's abilities as Elvis.

With the ship in a relatively safe position for the time being, Elvis removes the control helmet before turning to the guest on the ship. "Dr. Ke'Nankel? Your stop should be just ahead, so you might want to pack up your pills now. I really don't want any of the crew to get addicted to this stuff, it seems...strong."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Pilot/Captain: Elvis, Overworked Elf

Current Speed: 7>???
Position: 77>???
The ship seemed to be much quieter with Dr. Ke'Nankel gone, even with the roaring dragon flinging the Ostentatious Splendor into the first place ship. Somehow that seemed far less exciting without someone alternating between screaming and stuff their mouth full of pills. That suited Elvis just fine, excitement only ever meant more work for him anyways. They were coming up the the end of the Hyper Lane soon, now was the time for the crew to catch their breaths and to focus on gentle and smooth piloting.

Well, and also to immediately use those nanites to see what cool upgrade the ship got.