Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I daily carry a pair of leathermans- a Charge Ti and a Supertool 300.

So many people ask me why I have two- How many times dealing with wire fencing do you need two pairs of pliers? or how many times do you need a screw driver and a pair of pliers together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Leathermans warranty is legit too- I managed to severely munt up the Charge Ti through pure abuse (broke the pliers, snapped a knife blade, snapped the file in half, twisted a handle, broke the mini screwdriver off flush and jammed it in its holder) and they replaced the entire AU$380 knife without even questioning it. I just sent mine off, said that it wasn’t sentimental, and a week later a brand new in box knife turned up at my house!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Well after 2 years of being berated and busting my arse all day, a shoulder bursitis and basically being lied to about my job, I got some good news today. Got to tell my current department to go sit on a dick for 6 months while I go off and play being a ranger for the forestry corporation here in South Aus!

Start early next year. Gonna be a great new adventure.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

My friends, if i could lend you some christmas wisdom, it would be to NOT spear yourself onto a tree stump on the morning of christmas eve.

Was cutting trees down for Koala food, had running chainsaw in right hand, piece of tree in left hand, turned to pull tree out of the scrub, tripped on a stump in the long grass and went down on another stump and took it up my arm and into my arm pit. Didnt get myself with the chainsaw fortunately!

That one stings, and catches on EVERYTHING.

And you can even see the size of the stump i landed on because it left a loving mark to measure it off!

Two days later this itches and catches on EVERYTHING and the bruising has started in my arm pit.

I have had an absolutely awful Christmas because It hurt to breath, or sneeze, or cough, or eat, or sit, or lay, or move or lift or do ANYTHING. It even hurts to sleep because I'm a left hand side sleeper.

loving 2020 can just be over and loving done with. Now im bored out of my mind and still hurting cos I cant do ANYTHING, and ive got what i suspect is mild ADHD so I cannot sit still without going out of my mind.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

We had a few friends around- Only bout 8 of us total and decided this year to break out the cocktail bible and just do poo poo expensive and fancy instead of cheap beer and bourbon and cokes like we normally do.

Ended up in the spa at 2am with an Old Fashioned having a riot of a time, until my shoulder started to hurt and the black dog came running back, reminding me that this is the second year in a row now that I've rolled into a new year, in the peak of DIY season for us, with only one functional arm courtesy of my job, so the first year of 2021 has felt a bit like a rewinding of the tape to the start of 2020 for me.

meatpimp posted:

Aaaand... 2020 ends with me 5150'ing my 18 year old son. What a loving year. gently caress this year.

2021 will be better.

We sent my mates daughter to hospital in an Ambulance because she was threatening to off herself a few weeks back- got to spend the night there getting the poo poo scared out of her. Shes got a lot better outlook at getting really stuck into her mental health issues and getting on top of them as a result, but I can tell you that was one of the hardest calls I've ever had to make- Ringing her dad (and one of my coworkers and best friends) and tell him that he needed to find where she was ASAP and make sure she wasn't actively dying.

I hope things work out for you and your family over this.