Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Modus Man posted:

My dad just clocked out for the last time after 44 years as an automotive engineer, the last 34 with chrysler/daimler/fca, mostly working on jeeps. I can’t imagine what that feels like, it’s such a huge part of your life and now... nothing. I hope he finds something to keep himself busy.

Find him a BMW project car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

slothrop posted:

I am having a stupid amount of Xmas related anxiety. I think I’m terrified that somehow my ex will make it poo poo for me, like she managed to for every Xmas and birthday I had while we were together.

It fucken sucks. I just wanna enjoy not being a work for a few days, drinking in moderation again and spending time with my family and friends.

Here I am though with this lovely tight feeling in my chest and catastrophising situations in my head.

I’m goddamn tired of this poo poo. I just wanna be a real boy.

My .02 on the booze. Consider saving it for after the holidays so it can't become a crutch for the anxiety. I probably enjoy alcohol too much but it's the first thing I give up when there are big stressors in my life. A bonus of this is I don't worry about saying stupid things when drunk.

Anywho, you deserve a happy xmas and I hope you manage it safely with friends and family. Thanks again for organizing the secret santa, it was a lot of fun.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Wet Shaving is the best if it didn't take so much time. Long live the Gillete Fatboy! My wife even got me a nice shaving scuttle years ago that makes the routine even nicer. I just tend to run out of time for the whole deal, but I think I'll make some time today for a proper shave.