Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

At the very least Trump will be out of office. I'll take that as a win regardless of what else happens.

All I want for Christmas is Donnie dragged across the South Lawn in cuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It's out of control when the government doesn't care to do anything about it.

Also actively makes it worse by deliberately underfunding mental health so people who should be in long-term state care are dumped on the streets instead.

Thanks Reagan!

Elviscat posted:

There's a local coffee shop (that serves fantastic coffee) that is a charity that takes all their profit and uses it to house homeless youth.

They've seen a 50% increase in youth homelessness since April, along with a large decrease in revenue because of the pandemic. Starting with my Trump bux stimulus I've been donating as much as possible to them.

I really feel like maybe the government should tax people enough, and/or cut our insane, bloated military (that functions as a defacto welfare organization for the able-bodied but poor and shiftless) enough that private individuals aren't the only thing keeping literal loving children from sleeping out on the street.

Yeah, the youth charity that we coordinate donations to through work has been seeing similar.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 4, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Raluek posted:

Agreed. I wear red hightop chucks all day erry day, they're great except that they're in tatters by the one-year mark. For how popular they are, they sure don't seem very well made. Guess I'll just keep buying a new pair every year :shrug:

I used to wear chucks at work until someone finally realized we should be wearing safety footwear and I had to buy composite toes.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Thumposaurus posted:

I seem to have the opposite problem of most of the posters here I have small feet for an adult male 5 1/2-6 depending on brand. Luckily Vans always has something in my size I can get and I don't have to be stuck with literal children's shoes.

I've been able to find dress shoes at Marshall's/Ross/TJ Maxx. Work boots I order from Zappos as finding anything quality locally is not usually an option.

I used to wear Dansko/Sanita clogs for work(I'm a chef) but after my 4th pair failed by the sole splitting in half I switched to some slip on Ariat work boots.

Ariat or Justin pull on composite toes are my jam, but I would never wear them in the kitchen. Saw one dude spill hot liquid down his front and fill his shoe and that was enough. My go-to were Shoes for Crews Froggz. Not sure if they make them anymore, but a chunkier version of a closed toe Crocc with good anti slip that you can run through the dishwasher when they get funky was a blessing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I can't carry a knife at work for OSHA reasons, but my usual pocketknife for the last 10+ years has been an Opinel No. 6 in carbon steel (so it will strike on a flint).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Not Wolverine posted:

I could be wrong, but I think Covid will be "over" before employers can start mandating a vaccine. Yes I know it's real, and it's getting worse, but I believe ICU cases and deaths are going down, I think Covid could be just another thing that passes around soon. Can they legally require vaccination? I think they can require you to get some of the standard vaccines like MMR, but I thought they can't legally make you get a flu shot so I doubt they can legally make you get a Covid vaccine.

Sadly that's not the case.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/cumulative-cases

We're averaging 200k new cases and 3500 deaths per day, and it's only going to get worse due to all the dumb fucks travelling this week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Some ten plus years ago the fountain pen thread turned me on to the wet shaving thread. I went with a double edge safety razor, badger brush and whatnot. I buy the 50 pack of feather blades for about $35 and that lasts two years of shaving at the rate I go. Highly recommended. Would wet shave again.

Wet shaving is the way. I've never found an electric that doesn't give me horrible razorburn and ingrowns.

I use a Merkur 23c long handle that I think I got from these guys: https://www.westcoastshaving.com/collections/merkur/products/merkur-23c-long-handle-safety-razor

Can't beat the price, Gillette disposable-head razors are almost as expensive and this thing will absolutely outlive me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I usually put my brush in to soak when I get in the shower, and shave after. Doesn't take long since I like my beard so I'm just cleaning up the neck and stray high hairs.