Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Tom Tupa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is Darnold a complete bust? I wonder if he's a case of getting dropped by the Jets, signed as a backup to a more competent team, then plays well in backup duty.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Is Darnold a complete bust? I wonder if he's a case of getting dropped by the Jets, signed as a backup to a more competent team, then plays well in backup duty.

Hes gonna go to denver

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

seiferguy posted:

I think there'll be a really fast answer for that as soon as he can play for a non-Jets team. I don't think anyone's asking that about Josh Rosen anymore.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

seiferguy posted:

Darnold was admittedly Not Good in college. I don't get how he was drafted so high and started so quickly. His failings are more on him and less on the Jets, as shown by Flacco coming closer to winning with the same squad.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ryan Fitzpatrick brought hope to the Buffalo Bills in a dark time and for that he is a hero.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Quiet Feet posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick brought hope to the Buffalo Bills in a dark time and for that he is a hero.

Tyrod took them to the playoffs

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Zurreco posted:

Darnold was admittedly Not Good in college. I don't get how he was drafted so high and started so quickly. His failings are more on him and less on the Jets, as shown by Flacco coming closer to winning with the same squad.

That’s so weird because I remember so many people absolutely roasting the Browns for taking Baker instead of him and Darnold would be outplaying him right now if he was on the Browns instead. Was Mayfield better all along?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ragnarok the Red posted:

That’s so weird because I remember so many people absolutely roasting the Browns for taking Baker instead of him and Darnold would be outplaying him right now if he was on the Browns instead. Was Mayfield better all along?

Mayfield was a shithead in college and known for being a bit of an rear end in a top hat in a JFF kind of way, but he had actual talent. He and Mahomes put up the best games two college QBs have ever done against each other.

Baker - 27/36 545 yards 7 td 0 ints
Mahomes - 52/88 734 yards 5 td 1 int

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
IIRC Darnold's big positives were composure in the pocket, his arm (not necessarily 'arm strength' but the quality of some of the throws he made), and youth. He's way younger than you think he is.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That draft class had a handful of decent qb prospects but there wasn’t really a consensus best of the litter.

I vaguely recall that TFF was somewhat surprised by the news that Baker was going to be the top pick and first qb taken.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Power of Pecota posted:

I think there'll be a really fast answer for that as soon as he can play for a non-Jets team. I don't think anyone's asking that about Josh Rosen anymore.

I'll admit that I completely forgot about Rosen. Had to Google him to find out that he was signed to the Bucs' practice squad in September. But when you look at the Bucs' depth chart Blaine Gabbert is 2nd string and Ryan Griffin is 3rd.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought Rosen got a raw deal when Arizona traded him away after his rookie season but in hindsight it turned out to be a good decision

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs are going to have Rosen, Darnold, and Haskins battle it out for the starting job in 2022. The Bucs will win 3 games.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jameis would want too much money.
Fitz will come work for scale and keep your team relevant enough to keep your existing players from wanting to leave while you use the draft to improve incrementally and then see where you're at next year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs are going to have Rosen, Darnold, and Haskins battle it out for the starting job in 2022. The Bucs will win 3 games.

In this scenario every single one of them will go 1-4.

The last game of the season will be played by Ryan Fitzpatrick who will go 34/53 for 525 yards, 5 tds and 4 ints.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Power of Pecota posted:

Josh Rosen has resurfaced! The 49ers have signed him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30583589/san-francisco-49ers-scramble-find-qb-back-cj-beathard

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Id take Rosen over CJ based on arm alone. Is Rosen just straight up stupid?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I watched Darnold play his rookie year and it amazed me how much he reminded me of our lord and saviour, &e Dalton.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I will say Darnold threw the coolest pass I've seen all season back in September

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1308491637048385536

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Darnold needs a not-poo poo situation.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Jameis. Bombs away motherfucker

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AndrewP posted:

I will say Darnold threw the coolest pass I've seen all season back in September

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1308491637048385536
That's a Mahomes-esque throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Honestly surprised nobody said Kaepernick yet