Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Jesus Christ :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

This is one of those times I miss the old Cole who was easy to ignore; now I’m blinking away tears and planning on signing up for this.

Go pet Monty, Cole.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 1, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

gently caress you, Cole.

We don't do this anymore, Mr with wolves

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

We don't do this anymore, Mr with wolves

Nah I get it in this case man. It’s lovely and heartbreaking that we have a motherfucking government run website that is stockpiling letters of children begging for the basic poo poo they should never have to ask for.

gently caress me and gently caress everything.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Kids should be asking for PlayStations and bicycles. Not $100 for their goddamn parents so they can pay rent.

What the gently caress...

Seriously.

What.

The.

gently caress.

Those are really the only words that I can come up with.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Woofer posted:

Nah I get it in this case man. It’s lovely and heartbreaking that we have a motherfucking government run website that is stockpiling letters of children begging for the basic poo poo they should never have to ask for.

gently caress me and gently caress everything.

Thanks, I didn't think about it that way until you brought it up. Went from kinda depressing to really fuckin' sad in about one post.

:saddowns:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Woofer posted:

Kids should be asking for PlayStations and bicycles. Not $100 for their goddamn parents so they can pay rent.

What the gently caress...

Seriously.

What.

The.

gently caress.

Those are really the only words that I can come up with.

We need a living wage

We need free health care

Kids don't need to be asking Santa for a loving futon for their dad because he works so hard and they dont have enough beds in the house.

Checks tax rate on the Bezos of the country - yeah I think Elon and Jeff can pony up a few more bucks.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

PeterCat posted:

I thought the thing in Hollywood was to make sure the actor matched the role. See for example all the people that got mad that Benedict Cumberbatch played Khan even though Ricardo Montalban wasn't a Sikh either.

There were also people angry that the actor playing Sulu is of Korean descent and not Japanese descent.

Star Trek can be weirdly inconsistent. On DS9 Bashir is culturally Muslim and when his parents showed up the show went out of their way to find a Muslim actress which were not common at the time, but found a good fit from a community theater.

Then on Enterprise Hoshi was played by a Korean actor. Japanese and Koreans are not fungible dang it, just rewrite the character to switch the hometown. Although the biggest one was Patrick Stewart playing a Frenchman, I think the producers were so thankful they talked Roddenberry into accepting Picard after an exhausting casting process that they didn't bother fighting over his ancestry no longer making sense.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1333896865880940544?s=20

:sad:

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Looking forward to this piece of poo poo getting elected in 2024 lmao

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Looking forward to this piece of poo poo getting elected in 2024 lmao

I'm hoping this frays the republican party enough to make the next few years difficult, or he just gets a stroke before 2024.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Let’s do it. Every time he spews his word salad on TV I’m expecting him to gracefully transition into a stroke anyway. This’ll just make it even more likely.

I wonder how long it’ll take me to catch on when he’s repeating “Big Mac” and slobbering on himself after ranting about a Twitter hashtag

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 2, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
every time he slurs a word drink

if you can stand listening to his voice anyways

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/presidential-pardon-justice-department/index.html

quote:

The filings don't reveal a timeline of the alleged scheme, or any names of people potentially involved, except that communications between people including at least one lawyer were seized from an office that was raided sometime before the end of this summer.

Prosecutors told the court they wanted permission to the filter team's holdings. The prosecutors believed the devices revealed emails that showed allegedly criminal activity, including a "secret lobbying scheme" and a bribery conspiracy that offered "a substantial political contribution in exchange for a presidential pardon or reprieve of sentence" for a convicted defendant whose name is redacted, according to the redacted documents.

My money’s on Stone but I could see manafort or Flynn trying this

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Star Trek can be weirdly inconsistent. On DS9 Bashir is culturally Muslim and when his parents showed up the show went out of their way to find a Muslim actress which were not common at the time, but found a good fit from a community theater.

Then on Enterprise Hoshi was played by a Korean actor. Japanese and Koreans are not fungible dang it, just rewrite the character to switch the hometown. Although the biggest one was Patrick Stewart playing a Frenchman, I think the producers were so thankful they talked Roddenberry into accepting Picard after an exhausting casting process that they didn't bother fighting over his ancestry no longer making sense.

I always attributed that to the eventual victory of the British over the French.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

I just saw this elsewhere and my guess was DeJoy or Prince.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Impeach???????

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

not caring here posted:

I just saw this elsewhere and my guess was DeJoy or Prince.

From what I'm seeing so far:

- A lawyer somewhere is probably hosed, as his/her attorney-client privilege just got exceptioned due to the third party rule and/or crime-fraud
https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/1333922088902676481

- The last names are really tiny, which is weird
- It came from emails already seized by the federal government in some other investigation, probably against Rudy
- This all happened in the summer
- Flynn's name would fit, but he's probably broke

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 2, 2020

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Giuliani for the long one, Flynn Trump and Stone for the short ones

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1333884246277189633?s=20

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Just read The Pineapple Queen Gabriella's letter :(

Was hoping to do secret santa this year but dealing with a move at the end of the month, maybe I will try to do one of these instead. If someone starts a team I will try to help.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

If only a single one of these scumfucks would listen.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

From what I'm seeing so far:

- A lawyer somewhere is probably hosed, as his/her attorney-client privilege just got exceptioned due to the third party rule and/or crime-fraud
https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/1333922088902676481

- The last names are really tiny, which is weird
- It came from emails already seized by the federal government in some other investigation, probably against Rudy
- This all happened in the summer
- Flynn's name would fit, but he's probably broke

Flynn is fully compromised by Erdogan. He's got financial backers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm also not sure Flynn would need to funnel money into Trump's pockets for a pardon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Thank you for posting this, I didn't know about it. Pretty sure any last hope I had for the USA or belief in anything is now gone, but that should have happened awhile ago. Really glad our Christian nation is stepping it up to help their fellow man.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Stravag posted:

I just feel like it gives the actor too little credit. When Page was still identifying as Ellen and not openly gay he (do you refer to their ellen pronouns as he or she now they're Eliot?) didn't seem to have any issues playing straight characters. I feel like they latch onto lgbt identifiers as the sole core characterization of the person too often when it's in play

From last page but you should go by their current preferred pronouns for any discussion of a person, past or present event. Same goes for name as you would for any person who had a name change.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty soon we’re going to be doing a 9/11 a day. Only around 500 or so deaths needed.

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1333930759539798017?s=21

Osama’s fish food corpse somewhere wishing he could have been as good at killing Americans as Trump.

Oh is there any studies or analysis on what percentage of hospitalized people will wind up dying?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Pretty soon we’re going to be doing a 9/11 a day. Only around 500 or so deaths needed.

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1333930759539798017?s=21

Osama’s fish food corpse somewhere wishing he could have been as good at killing Americans as Trump.

Oh is there any studies or analysis on what percentage of hospitalized people will wind up dying?

I mean in a way he is

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

We need a leopard eating a face smiley.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

Cyks posted:

From last page but you should go by their current preferred pronouns for any discussion of a person, past or present event. Same goes for name as you would for any person who had a name change.

:hmmyes:

Also,

https://twitter.com/fayeecklar/status/1333917565450657799?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm also not sure Flynn would need to funnel money into Trump's pockets for a pardon.

This review is making a lot more sense now:

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1333930313903345664

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1333910951368806401?s=19

Why so dumb teddy?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doesn’t cost him anything.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God I loving hate cowboy fans.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Remember that time Ted Cruz licked a booger off of his face during a Republican presidential debate on national television?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

...Bannon?

Horror option: George Nader

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1333942725880770560?s=20

Talk about greatest falls of all time.

Edit: Also

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1333939226115715072?s=20

lol

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 2, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It was fine when it was only happening to the other guys, but now our faces are getting eaten!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm picturing some of Trump's worst cronies being forced to bow on one knee and grovel before Trump before he decides whether or not he gets them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

please, Donald John Trump has never gotten anyone off